PS4 sells 7m, XB1 sales undislosed

#31TreGoodaPosted 4/17/2014 12:58:13 PM
nickb25 posted...
Yet Titanfall on XB1 with a much lower userbase outsells Infamous SS by a good amount - Sony's only major exclusive in a large window.

How come Playstation owners don't buy exclusive video games? Do they just want a 1080p netflix and FIFA device? This is like when Halo 3 outsold nearly every PS3 exclusive combined at the time.

I'm going to laugh so hard when Halo 5 wipes the floor in sales despite being on the slower selling system.

Because Playstation is for casuals.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#32ilovegearsofwarPosted 4/17/2014 1:00:35 PM
Horridhal posted...
ilovegearsofwar posted...
1. Marketing, hype, & groupthink (a large reason why PS4 is selling well despite having a laughable library outside Infamous) portraying Sony as giving a crap about its customers (it doesn't) while Microsoft is some 1% villain from a superhero movie.

2. A lot of people only buy PS for sports games

3. A lot of people only buy PS for CoD

4. A lot of weirdos in both the west and Japan buy PS for little girl panty simulators and nothing else

5. A lot of people only buy PS for the GT franchise (which sells almost just as well as Halo usually)

6. Brand loyalty to a product that's been around since they've been kids

7. Ps3 was originally a great piece of media

TL;DR - A lot of people buying it for narrow reasons that sometimes don't involve a lot of different games.

Also, nice bait and switch. Title implies an anti Xbone thread until you read the body.

1. Not really. Lower pricing, focusing on games, and not forcing peripherals has more to do with sony selling more. If anything MS has spent more time and money hyping their console.

2-5. All your opinion. None of it is based on any kind of fact.

6. Xbox has the exact same selling point. Playstation has only been around for 1 gen cycle that Xbox hasn't.

7. PS3 still is the best media machine of last gen as well as holding the title of best gaming machine in terms of quantity and quality of titles at the end of the gen.

TL;DR : You are wrong.

1. Lower pricing absolutely, but I'm not seeing this focus on games. My PS4 collects dust while I still play Xbone games quite alot because of their focus on multiplayer. Truckloads of indie shovelware can't keep a console powered on to most people.

People wouldn't care about resolution/kinect if Xbone was the same price. It's all about price. There's been no Bayonetta-tier ports on Xbone yet that ran like total crap that are overly noticeable.

6. One gen makes a big difference.

7. Your opinion as well. I enjoyed 360 games much more than PS3 games. The main reason I got a PS3 (Last Guardian & FF versus) are now multiplats.
#33JiZamezPosted 4/17/2014 1:01:51 PM
TreGooda posted...
nickb25 posted...
Yet Titanfall on XB1 with a much lower userbase outsells Infamous SS by a good amount - Sony's only major exclusive in a large window.

How come Playstation owners don't buy exclusive video games? Do they just want a 1080p netflix and FIFA device? This is like when Halo 3 outsold nearly every PS3 exclusive combined at the time.

I'm going to laugh so hard when Halo 5 wipes the floor in sales despite being on the slower selling system.

Because Playstation is for casuals.

I guess liking strictly crappy FPS games makes you a "hardcore gamer?" rofl
---
http://psnprofiles.com/MapleStory
#34nickb25(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2014 1:06:48 PM
BSerenity posted...
nickb25 posted...
mokmuud posted...
Mario Kart Wii sold 3 times the copies.

Good point, though Wii and PS3/360 had very different audiences.

You have an excuse for every point against what you claim...

Not excuses, just reasons why the comparisons aren't exactly eye to eye.

The original question is why PS exclusives don't sell compared to XB exclusives (which are two similiar markets). Bringing SNES games and Wii games into the equation doesn't really answer the question.
#35HorridhalPosted 4/17/2014 1:11:34 PM
Horridhal posted...
1. Marketing, hype, & groupthink (a large reason why PS4 is selling well despite having a laughable library outside Infamous) portraying Sony as giving a crap about its customers (it doesn't) while Microsoft is some 1% villain from a superhero movie.

2. A lot of people only buy PS for sports games

3. A lot of people only buy PS for CoD

4. A lot of weirdos in both the west and Japan buy PS for little girl panty simulators and nothing else

5. A lot of people only buy PS for the GT franchise (which sells almost just as well as Halo usually)

6. Brand loyalty to a product that's been around since they've been kids

7. Ps3 was originally a great piece of media

TL;DR - A lot of people buying it for narrow reasons that sometimes don't involve a lot of different games.

Also, nice bait and switch. Title implies an anti Xbone thread until you read the body.

1. Not really. Lower pricing, focusing on games, and not forcing peripherals has more to do with sony selling more. If anything MS has spent more time and money hyping their console.

2-5. All your opinion. None of it is based on any kind of fact.

6. Xbox has the exact same selling point. Playstation has only been around for 1 gen cycle that Xbox hasn't.

7. PS3 still is the best media machine of last gen as well as holding the title of best gaming machine in terms of quantity and quality of titles at the end of the gen.

TL;DR : You are wrong.

1. Lower pricing absolutely, but I'm not seeing this focus on games. My PS4 collects dust while I still play Xbone games quite alot because of their focus on multiplayer. Truckloads of indie shovelware can't keep a console powered on to most people.

People wouldn't care about resolution/kinect if Xbone was the same price. It's all about price. There's been no Bayonetta-tier ports on Xbone yet that ran like total crap that are overly noticeable.

6. One gen makes a big difference.

7. Your opinion as well. I enjoyed 360 games much more than PS3 games. The main reason I got a PS3 (Last Guardian & FF versus) are now multiplats.

1. Opinion. There isn't crap to play on the X1 besides TF(which got boring just as quickly as SS).

Also, people do care about performance, forced peripherals, and messaging. All of which the X1 loses when compared to the PS4.

6. No, it doesn't. At least not when it comes to the point you are trying to make. People have had ample time with both brands to decide which they prefer. Acting like the original playstation is somehow giving Sony a sales boost is idiotic.

7. It isn't opinion that, at the middle - end of last gen, the playstation was the superior console in terms of game releases. It is also not opinion that the playstation 3 was considered the superior multimedia machine because it supported : a) Blu-Ray, and b) had no paywalls to access streaming services.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#36RybalPosted 4/17/2014 1:12:23 PM
squarex8264 posted...
Mindwipe77 posted...
even though u sound like just another xfanbot i agree with you, TC, that sony players dont seem to buy exclusives. I think majority of them stick to COD or madden. Sony customers are cheapskates

I don't think it has anything to do with exclusives. It seems the Sony fanbase on average don't seem to buy a lot of games in general.

Back on the PS3, the attach rate with software was much lower than 360 for whatever reason. Same trend seems to be happening now.

First, I'm going to say that the attach rate was higher on the 360 because, by the time that most gamers got a PS3 (due to the pricing failure), they already had a 360, which nearly always played the games better.

As for buying exclusives, Sony fans have always had a larger variety of exclusives, both in name and in type, meaning that their purchases were spread out. They also had far more niche titles, comparatively speaking. Halo and Gears of War are going to appeal to a larger audience than pretty much anything on Playstation.
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#37BSerenityPosted 4/17/2014 1:15:32 PM
nickb25 posted...
BSerenity posted...
nickb25 posted...
mokmuud posted...
Mario Kart Wii sold 3 times the copies.

Good point, though Wii and PS3/360 had very different audiences.

You have an excuse for every point against what you claim...

Not excuses, just reasons why the comparisons aren't exactly eye to eye.

The original question is why PS exclusives don't sell compared to XB exclusives (which are two similiar markets). Bringing SNES games and Wii games into the equation doesn't really answer the question.

All three cater to core and casual gamers alike. You deliberately excluded the Wii because it would make your argument fall on it's face.

Regardless, PS4 has more software sales. Not sure why you are even trying to argue this.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#38blacklabelicePosted 4/17/2014 1:18:04 PM
Global Software by Platform

Platform Weekly (change) Total
PS3 1,402,356 (-13%) 787,080,984
X360 962,671 (-3%) 852,170,827
PC 640,466 (+10%) N/A
3DS 545,505 (-23%) 131,822,886
PS4 409,579 (-28%) 15,983,700
Wii 397,895 (-1%) 873,193,867
DS 301,301 (-1%) 779,441,401
XOne 264,968 (-16%) 12,158,169
PSV 212,860 (-42%) 22,272,159
WiiU 203,648 (+2%) 22,780,964
PSP 105,327 (-14%) 282,206,928

and yet nobody buys games on ps4 or so the fanboys claim.
#39HyzinBurgPosted 4/17/2014 1:20:53 PM
nickb25 posted...

Well Driveclub was delayed so that they could work on the game more. You know, as opposed to selling an unfinished mess of a game.

And why do you assume Playstation owners don't buy exclusive games? Why are you comparing an over-hyped First Person Shooter to an open world superhuman game that wasn't over-hyped as hell?
---
The Xbox One board: Where people with different opinions are Sony Fanboys.
#40XisurusXPosted 4/17/2014 1:21:32 PM
blacklabelice posted...
Global Software by Platform

Platform Weekly (change) Total
PS3 1,402,356 (-13%) 787,080,984
X360 962,671 (-3%) 852,170,827
PC 640,466 (+10%) N/A
3DS 545,505 (-23%) 131,822,886
PS4 409,579 (-28%) 15,983,700
Wii 397,895 (-1%) 873,193,867
DS 301,301 (-1%) 779,441,401
XOne 264,968 (-16%) 12,158,169
PSV 212,860 (-42%) 22,272,159
WiiU 203,648 (+2%) 22,780,964
PSP 105,327 (-14%) 282,206,928

and yet nobody buys games on ps4 or so the fanboys claim.

too much fact