For the longest I put off getting RYSE

#1Hidan623Posted 4/17/2014 12:19:15 PM
Because everyone said it was just a button masher....I got it yesterday and I'm really enjoying the story and those GRAPHICS I hope all games look like this in the future. But I've never herd anyone talk about the story maybe me and my dad are the only ones who like the Romans type of stories. Cuz this story has be on edge so far.
#2Webmaster4531Posted 4/17/2014 12:20:19 PM
I should watch it on youtube.
---
Ad Hominem.
#3kennyynnooPosted 4/17/2014 12:24:01 PM(edited)
After its done the arena will entertain you a few days but thats about all I got out of it, tried to replay but was bored. They will make a sequel in England with knights supposedly.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#4Hidan623(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2014 12:22:04 PM
Webmaster4531 posted...
I should watch it on youtube.

Yeah if you don't want to spend the money on the game you can save it and watch it on youtube but I for one think it's a great story so far just got past the second act. I try to play act based games like it's a TV series or something haha an act a day or something like that xD
#5BSerenityPosted 4/17/2014 12:23:11 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
After its done the arena will entertain you a few days nuts that about all I got out of it, tried to replay but was bored. The will make a sequel in England with knights supposedly.

That setting will be nice, but I am hoping Crytek is going to actually put more focus on gameplay this time around.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#6Hidan623(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2014 12:26:12 PM
BSerenity posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
After its done the arena will entertain you a few days nuts that about all I got out of it, tried to replay but was bored. The will make a sequel in England with knights supposedly.

That setting will be nice, but I am hoping Crytek is going to actually put more focus on gameplay this time around.

Yeah I think this one was more of a game for casuals haha because people like my dad love this game and he couldn't play games with in depth fighting styles....i think this was just their game for EVERYONE to play for show off the xbox one in a way
#7mindoftwomoronsPosted 4/17/2014 2:31:20 PM
Well, it was originally going to be a Kinect game fro the 360, and in some places you can definitely see the remnants of that design.

That being said, it's not nearly as bad the game that people made it out to be. Nothing to write home about, but a solid experience in my opinion. Would definitely love to see the combat expanded upon in a sequel.

I would personally give it a 7/10. Shallow combat and linear levels are my real gripes with it.
---
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p567/monkeyofevil/magnaangemon.gif
#8necro00Posted 4/17/2014 2:32:06 PM
Ryse is excellent. the MP is fun too
#9ComradeRyanPosted 4/17/2014 6:52:29 PM
Ryse: Son of Rome is worth picking up at $20.00, or less.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#10cheezedadadaPosted 4/17/2014 6:54:49 PM
I actually really liked Ryse as well. I went into it expecting a very mediocre game, but was very glad I got to play it. My friend who was also thinking it was going to suck ended up enjoying the hell out of it and he kept telling me I needed to play it.

I think what really sold me on the game was the "Wicker Man" level. That part of the game was really cool and I hope that any possible sequels have more surreal environments like that. I replayed that area of the game a few times.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and everything else.