March 2014 - PS4 #1, XB1 #2 (Titanfall top selling software)

#51kyncaniPosted 4/22/2014 4:00:39 AM
Sharius posted...
but...but...but..... 50 regions vs 13 regions....

There will sale topics when the Xbox One is released in all those regions as well.

Media Create will release weekly sale reports in Japan in particular.
#52wake_me_420Posted 4/22/2014 4:03:00 AM
Listen guys, sales do not matter.....except for that one week in March where XB1 had more sales. It totally mattered then. but that was it.
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA
#53CharadeSmithPosted 4/22/2014 4:25:40 AM(edited)
Don't worry guys, when the XB1 is released in 70+ countries instead of 10+ it'll be selling 7x as much and the numbers will jump from 4 million to 28 million. Who'll be laughing then?

baaack to reality:
PS4 has sold, in just 4 countries (US, UK, France, Germany) more than XB1 in all its current 13 territories (which include those 4)
And don't even come BSing about "lol Vgchartz", when vgchartz had wrongfully "predicted" the XB1 had outsold the PS4 in march by 50k when it was the exact opposite. if there's any skewing, it's in favor of MS, not Sony, specially considering they do not change their numbers after NPD releases different ones.
The XB1's missing markets do not even come close to making up for a 3 million gap, least of all when 95% of those territories have been Sonyland ever since the PS1.
---
Do you even dude, bro?
#54LooksLikeRainPosted 4/22/2014 4:48:19 AM
prozac786 posted...
iamdanthaman posted...
So MS is supposed to be screwed because Sony has outsold them 7M to 5M, when the PS4 is available in 72 countries and the XB1 is only available in like 14? You don't think that a wider release this fall might close that gap a little? Not to mention that software on the XB1 is selling better despite a narrower install base. Don't you people know that they make little to no money on the consoles, but they make up for that with software sales? Tell me again about how bad the XB1 is doing and how PS4 is crushing it, please.

Its 7 mill vs 3.7 mill actually. Sold not shipped

And if you compare only the countries where both PS4 and X1 are released, the PS4 is still leading in each one.

Also, if people actually wanted the X1 in those other countries, don't you think MS would have releases it by now? Lol

Well this is certainly a contender for the dumbest thing I've read on gamefaqs.
---
Is that a W shirt?
#55Chao_YunPosted 4/22/2014 6:04:51 AM
LooksLikeRain posted...
prozac786 posted...
iamdanthaman posted...
So MS is supposed to be screwed because Sony has outsold them 7M to 5M, when the PS4 is available in 72 countries and the XB1 is only available in like 14? You don't think that a wider release this fall might close that gap a little? Not to mention that software on the XB1 is selling better despite a narrower install base. Don't you people know that they make little to no money on the consoles, but they make up for that with software sales? Tell me again about how bad the XB1 is doing and how PS4 is crushing it, please.

Its 7 mill vs 3.7 mill actually. Sold not shipped

And if you compare only the countries where both PS4 and X1 are released, the PS4 is still leading in each one.

Also, if people actually wanted the X1 in those other countries, don't you think MS would have releases it by now? Lol

Well this is certainly a contender for the dumbest thing I've read on gamefaqs.

Why?
---
Forest trees are greener.
#56Cold_CanadianPosted 4/22/2014 6:25:12 AM
Global is around 7.1 to 3.9m. I reckon if the X1 had launched in the same # of territories it would be 7.1 to ~4.8m. There's a reason why MS didn't prioritize those smaller markets. If the X1 can't even beat the PS4 in its homecourt, what the hell makes you think launching in 40 more territories will make any difference? It will lessen the gap sure but not by as much as people think.

Some of you act like all the 40 territories Sony launched in is as big as the US when they're all just small markets. Besides, you're all missing the other angle on this. Since Sony has more territories, they are more supply constrained since they'd have to distribute some consoles on those countries as well. So if they didn't launch on those 40 territories, they'd have more consoles to sell in the US, etc so basically the sales from those territories would just transfer over.
#57Chao_YunPosted 4/22/2014 8:28:25 AM
Cold_Canadian posted...
Global is around 7.1 to 3.9m. I reckon if the X1 had launched in the same # of territories it would be 7.1 to ~4.8m. There's a reason why MS didn't prioritize those smaller markets. If the X1 can't even beat the PS4 in its homecourt, what the hell makes you think launching in 40 more territories will make any difference? It will lessen the gap sure but not by as much as people think.

Some of you act like all the 40 territories Sony launched in is as big as the US when they're all just small markets. Besides, you're all missing the other angle on this. Since Sony has more territories, they are more supply constrained since they'd have to distribute some consoles on those countries as well. So if they didn't launch on those 40 territories, they'd have more consoles to sell in the US, etc so basically the sales from those territories would just transfer over.

I think the supply constraint is part of the master plan, personally. Diabolical, but it makes me smile. Too much Machiavelli in my blood.
---
Forest trees are greener.