NPD results straight from MS: Titanfall #1 selling game, 311,000 x1 units sold

#41Ramsus082Posted 4/17/2014 4:28:39 PM
The company that released the report actually mentioned that for both companies(them doing a lot better than they did with their previous console). So yeah....

And yet, you and I both know that that's a ridiculous benchmark that completely ignores context and the market position of these brands, and where they were. Actually everybody knows that, but when we try to find silver lining at all costs, we'll find it eventually I guess.
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#42orestes1981Posted 4/17/2014 4:29:05 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
It amused me how many posts I saw on this board how Infamous SS was selling more than Titanfall lol. That's a joke. Now there's proof.

They counted PC and XBO sales
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#43BSerenityPosted 4/17/2014 4:31:05 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
It amused me how many posts I saw on this board how Infamous SS was selling more than Titanfall lol. That's a joke. Now there's proof.

Except we don't know the exact numbers of TF (XBO) or I:SS. So in fact til the numbers are posted it isn't proof.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#44Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 4/17/2014 4:34:49 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
The company that released the report actually mentioned that for both companies(them doing a lot better than they did with their previous console). So yeah....

And yet, you and I both know that that's a ridiculous benchmark that completely ignores context and the market position of these brands, and where they were. Actually everybody knows that, but when we try to find silver lining at all costs, we'll find it eventually I guess.

Well there also wasn't any competition from Sony and PS3 when the Xbox 360 was released. The X1 is actually competing against the full field. The thing is a lot of people are acting ridiculous when 311k in the US is great and far from the X1 being dead but mentioning that is like talking to a brick wall with some people. The only month the X1 didn't do that good was January.
#45PokemonYoutubePosted 4/17/2014 4:45:06 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/65209-Xbox-One-vs-Ps4-gif-Imgur-O6Cw.gif
---
www.youtube.com/GeneralSecura
#46BSerenityPosted 4/17/2014 4:45:46 PM
NoirVisage
~so many hopes pinned delicately upon MS at least gaining a small victory in the US with leading hardware sales..

So many dreams dashed like a bots empty head against a curb by a falling titan..

to those who had hoped, to those who dreamed, today a titan falls, not with a fantastic atmosphere penetrating vertical drop, but with an unceremonious thud.~

---
#47josh924Posted 4/17/2014 4:47:54 PM
Ellesarien posted...
Wait...I don't understand.

How can the X-1 still be seeing well when MS is about to close down the Xbox name and business and every developer has stopped making games for it.

What I don't understand is where you get your info and why ONE developer delaying ONE game suddenly means that every developer is stopping development for Xbox One games.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#48BSerenityPosted 4/17/2014 4:50:04 PM
josh924 posted...
Ellesarien posted...

How can the X-1 still be seeing well when MS is about to close down the Xbox name and business and every developer has stopped making games for it.

What I don't understand is where you get your info and why ONE developer delaying ONE game suddenly means that every developer is stopping development for Xbox One games.

It is just hyperbolic crap
---
#49Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 4/17/2014 4:50:13 PM
josh924 posted...
Ellesarien posted...

He was just mocking a bunch of people at this board.
#50Ramsus082Posted 4/17/2014 4:51:05 PM(edited)
Well there also wasn't any competition from Sony and PS3 when the Xbox 360 was released.

True, but they were also selling the X360 at a big loss to move even more units, which would heavily inflate the numbers when comparing it to the X1.

The X1 is actually competing against the full field. The thing is a lot of people are acting ridiculous when 311k in the US is great[...]

Ok, this is what I'm curious about. What makes it 311k "great'? What's the barometer for success here, and why is the standard for it's success whether or not it's out-pacing it's 8-year-old predecessor? Isn't market share a more important standard? It's a zero-sum game. Sure, some people own multiple consoles but most will choose just one. If they sold more than their predecessor yet are ceding market position to their chief competitor, it's not that successful. That's exactly what's happening. Nobody in the MS board room are patting each other on the back for going from "shocking success from an underdog, unseating the previous industry leader in market share" to "A complete reversal of fortune and brand image, but hey, it's selling better than the old one did", I assure you. They're making the most of a pretty lousy situation that absolutely nobody in the entire industry saw coming.

It's not a failure; It's profitable and it's moving units. It's just not a very good success story, all things considered.
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You