NPD results straight from MS: Titanfall #1 selling game, 311,000 x1 units sold

#51crucialPosted 4/17/2014 4:56:14 PM
It means that the X1 is starting to shift while the 360 is slowly dying off more and more,with each release X1 will start to get more sales until everything is being released on current gen consoles then it will explode most likely after another price drop and GwG kicks in,its history repeating itself.
#52Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 4/17/2014 4:58:16 PM
What makes the 311k great is based on past NPD numbers from the same month and the fact that the X1 is so costly. I doubt they they are jumping up and down because they are killing what they did with the 360 at the same time but the point is that it is far from failing like so many people like to say at this board. The thing is it isn't like you imply with some things. It isn't just people at this board that compare the numbers against the previous systems in the same timeframe. The NPD reports and various places do it.
#53josh924Posted 4/17/2014 4:58:48 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
It's not a failure; It's profitable and it's moving units. It's just not a very good success story, all things considered.

Exactly, even though certain people seem to think otherwise.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#54blitz_0623Posted 4/17/2014 4:59:49 PM
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...
What makes the 311k great is based on past NPD numbers from the same month and the fact that the X1 is so costly. I doubt they they are jumping up and down because they are killing what they did with the 360 at the same time but the point is that it is far from failing like so many people like to say at this board. The thing is it isn't like you imply with some things. It isn't just people at this board that compare the numbers against the previous systems in the same timeframe. The NPD reports and various places do it.

On the other hand, it only went up by 50k from Feb's 258k considering Titanfall was bundled with a discount.

Doesn't look so great anymore does it?
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#55DetectivPenguinPosted 4/17/2014 5:00:29 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cd/Panda_Cub_from_Wolong,_Sichuan,_China.JPG
---
Now you can see the importance of time!
It helps us make pizzer and keep things in line.
#56NinjaDeath911Posted 4/17/2014 5:00:40 PM
PokemonYoutube posted...
prozac786 posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
Ps4 costs less prozac and it is in way more countries. Wait now only the us matters right? Then why did infamous sell less than TF?

If you compare only the countries where both the PS4 and X1 has released, the PS4 is still leading in each one.

Infamous sold over a million in 9 days on one system.

Titanfall took over 2 weeks to hit a million on three systems.

So what really sold more? Use your head to think next time.

Now now, let's be fair here. Titanfall was only out on two systems in March. The 360 version was delayed until April.

Yeah, it was delayed because it looks - almost - identical to the x1 version. Why spend $500 when you can spend $60?
#57Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 4/17/2014 5:01:34 PM
I'd also disagree with nobody in the industry seen this coming. As soon as the entire net came down on them for some of the things they said before launch it was pretty evident that the situation wouldn't be exactly the same but they have reversed course a lot since then.
#58kyncaniPosted 4/17/2014 5:02:39 PM
prozac786 posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
In US:

@$500

Xbone outsold 360 1st year sales in 4.25 months
Xbone outsold PS3 first 20 months in 4.25 months

Except it's not directly competing with those two.

It is directly competing with the PS4. Care to post that comparison in the same time frame?

I'll help..

3.7 million vs 7.2 million

Please be a little positive toward the Xbox One ?

Congratulations to Microsoft, able to somehow do better than previous gen consoles.
A little late : seven years late but still.

Congratulations to Sony as well, for leading this gen by an impressive margin not only in the US but in every single country in the entire world.
#59Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 4/17/2014 5:04:25 PM
blitz_0623 posted...
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...

On the other hand, it only went up by 50k from Feb's 258k considering Titanfall was bundled with a discount.

That was the same month people were predicting less than 100k FYI and people were shocked. Yes the 311k is still great. It is also hard to tell when exactly people buy a system for a game. Some people buy it for future game purchases as well.
#60BoomerHelll(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2014 5:07:50 PM
blitz_0623 posted...
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...

actually the discount was in late march and wasn't an official price cut by Microsoft. and it still had to compete with the cheaper ps4 and true exclusive game infamous SS