Does the xb one controller use a rechargable battery or 2aas?

#1solid_snake_48Posted 4/17/2014 5:19:04 PM
Can somebody tell me what type of battery the xbox one controller uses. I think the ps4 ctrler uses a battery you recharge with a usb cable like the ps3.
#2nmercyPosted 4/17/2014 5:25:37 PM
2 AA... but they sell an official recharge pack..lol
---
PSN: NMercy / Xbox GamerTag: N Mercy
Kit's Closet (www.kitscloset.com) - Home of Strawberry Syrup
#3PreacherXWDSXPosted 4/17/2014 6:17:47 PM
nmercy posted...
2 AA... but they sell an official recharge pack..lol

I'm using Energizer rechargeable AA batteries, the charger plus 2 AA batts cost about $12.00. I get about 20-30 hours each charge using rumble. You can charge 4 at a time either AA / AAA batteries.

I guess that's funny to someone.
---
---
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life......Winston Churchill
#4mike468Posted 4/17/2014 8:46:56 PM
It uses either of them or wired.

The controller doesn't come with a rechargeable battery, you have to use 2x AA batteries out of the box or you can buy a play and charge kit, which comes with the rechargeable battery, separately.

Also you can hook a micro USB cable up to the controller and use it wired, without even needing batteries in it.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#5Jedi454Posted 4/17/2014 8:50:20 PM
Get a play and charge kit, saves any hassle of having to change batteries.
---
Get Good Kid.
#6lunaticcorePosted 4/17/2014 9:01:14 PM
I use Eneloop batteries and hardly ever have to bother swapping them out. I can't even tell you the last time I swapped them.

I also never have to plug my controller in.. so LOL about that.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#7TenzhiPosted 4/17/2014 10:26:57 PM
mike468 posted...
Also you can hook a micro USB cable up to the controller and use it wired, without even needing batteries in it.

However, the port (on the console) is in a slightly inconvenient location.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#8joeskeletorPosted 4/17/2014 11:11:27 PM
This is another thing that bugs me about xbox its stupid these days to make a controller that runs or requires the purchase of a kit as greedy as sony is they never charged extra to use thier controller xb1 controller is 59.99 charge kit is 24.99 thats 85dollars or you can choose to spend money on AAs which in the long run is more expensive.

And another thing hard drives wtf is wrong with MS i cant upgrade my hdd i was able to install a hybrid shd in my ps4 it reduced start times and game load times i cant even upgrade my xb1s at all.
---
PS4: Irskeletor / XB1: JoeSkeletor / WiiU: Deadskelton
#9Bill_BurrPosted 4/17/2014 11:55:05 PM
Sometimes I like the fact if my controller does I can just put fresh batteries in it. But I do like rechargeable packs... But not ones I have to buy separately...
---
PS4: DeathThaKidX
Xbox One/360: DeathTheKidY
#10CapwnDPosted 4/18/2014 12:03:57 AM
joeskeletor posted...
This is another thing that bugs me about xbox its stupid these days to make a controller that runs or requires the purchase of a kit as greedy as sony is they never charged extra to use thier controller xb1 controller is 59.99 charge kit is 24.99 thats 85dollars or you can choose to spend money on AAs which in the long run is more expensive.

And another thing hard drives wtf is wrong with MS i cant upgrade my hdd i was able to install a hybrid shd in my ps4 it reduced start times and game load times i cant even upgrade my xb1s at all.

Hybrid Drive option: Yes, that is a valid point.

The rest of your points are pure conjecture assuming that everybody wants what you want.

I do not want to plug in a USB cable to charge my controller.. or mouse, or keyboard, or anything. You like doing that? Great. Why do you assume everybody wants that? I have rechargeable batteries. If I choose to play wireless, I don't want to then be tethered by a cable.

I do want more storage space. I did upgrade my PS4 with a hybrid drive. What happens when I fill up my PS4 HDD? Maybe I can upgrade it again? Perhaps. It won't be enough space, unless Sony really does continue to have a small exclusive library like they currently have. With the Xbox One, I should be able to add external HDDs, as many as I want, much like you can with the Xbox 360.
---
Death to The New Flesh, Long Live Videodrome