Titanfall wasn't the Xbox One's killer app, so what game will be?

#21xninjagrrlPosted 4/18/2014 3:29:51 AM
FinzFan4life posted...
I think if the Halo 2 remake (if there is one) is only on XB1, will move consoles if it plays just like the original and comes with all maps. If I didn't already own an XB1 I would buy one.

It was my favorite xbox game and favorite FPS since goldeneye

This. At least for me anyway. I just hope they dont go overboard and muck it up by adding bubble shields and jet packs, etc. Halo 2 was amazing just how it was.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#22BDJaycePosted 4/18/2014 3:32:48 AM
xninjagrrl posted...
FinzFan4life posted...
I think if the Halo 2 remake (if there is one) is only on XB1, will move consoles if it plays just like the original and comes with all maps. If I didn't already own an XB1 I would buy one.

It was my favorite xbox game and favorite FPS since goldeneye

This. At least for me anyway. I just hope they dont go overboard and muck it up by adding bubble shields and jet packs, etc. Halo 2 was amazing just how it was.

The single player will likely be more or less the same but I can see them carrying on with the same multiplayer they have for the last few years.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#23The_DOAMPosted 4/18/2014 6:13:16 AM(edited)
None, killer app is a non-existant buzzword there is a threshold however that once reached is generally when a system may or may not take off.

So multiple games in multiple genres, as long as each major game release brings in a couple million sales then their still somewhat good once their pallet is wide enough people will start buying said console without waiting for releases. So far the only console this gen to reach that goal so far is the 3DS. Name a genre and the 3DS will have the game name a non exclusive series and it's probably there the fact it has BC helped of course but the amount of decent games reached it's limit to launch the console. Thus more 3ds sales happened than the current total sales for PS4, Wii U, Vita, and Xbox ONE combined and it has no inkling of slowing down either.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#24XisurusXPosted 4/18/2014 6:15:46 AM
Take a chance on DICE again and purchase the exclusive rights Battlefront. I know that's a risk given bf4s issues but that's a way MS could flex some financial muscle
#25ShadowNinja87Posted 4/18/2014 6:31:22 AM
Gears of war 4 and maybe Quatum Break are the only MS exclusives I am interested in. But I those games would truly have to be mind blowing for me to drop 500 just to play those two games. All the other MS exclusives and rumored exclusives don't interest me at all, that includes Halo. I am currently happy with my ps4 and gaming rig.
#26kyncaniPosted 4/20/2014 6:30:05 AM
Reminds me of the Dreamcast : one day it was here and the day after, that was it, GG.
#27crucialPosted 4/20/2014 3:49:53 PM
It wont be just one game but a collection of games,it all ready has Forza,KI,DR3 and TF which will help move consoles,Halo 2 will move a few more during the holidays then next year Gears and Halo 5 will move even more,only a price drop will really move consoles,people are still content with there 360s and PS3s still so when more games are being released for current gen only is when you will see the big shifts.
#28IzraeilPosted 4/20/2014 4:20:57 PM
The_DOAM posted...
None, killer app is a non-existant buzzword there is a threshold however that once reached is generally when a system may or may not take off.

So multiple games in multiple genres, as long as each major game release brings in a couple million sales then their still somewhat good once their pallet is wide enough people will start buying said console without waiting for releases. So far the only console this gen to reach that goal so far is the 3DS. Name a genre and the 3DS will have the game name a non exclusive series and it's probably there the fact it has BC helped of course but the amount of decent games reached it's limit to launch the console. Thus more 3ds sales happened than the current total sales for PS4, Wii U, Vita, and Xbox ONE combined and it has no inkling of slowing down either.

This.
A diverse library of good games that sell a few million each is a lot better than one or two franchises that sell a lot.
That's what moved PS3s and not only close the gap but surpass the 360 despite the late and horrible launch, it had games that appealed to a wide range of gamers.

While on the 360 side half the first party game sales were only From Halo and gears of war. Which was basically the same 10 million people buying sequels to these two franchises.
#29chubbychaserPosted 4/20/2014 4:22:45 PM
Well, Xbone pretty much have no game. All multiplat run best on ps4 anyway due to its superior hardware.
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE
#30chubbychaserPosted 4/20/2014 4:23:36 PM
unclekoolaid73 posted...
Maybe the soda drinking game? I forget what its called but I think you drink soda.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/first-person-soda-drinking-simulation-game-coming-to-xbox-one/1100-6418988/

xbone exclusive
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE