Is anyone else disappointed in lackluster XBONE sales since Titanfall launched?

#11prozac786Posted 4/17/2014 5:19:30 PM
LEGEND-725 posted...
Sales don't matter. Only Sony fans pay attention to that stuff.

Loool yet you were here last gen, hyping the lead that the X360 had over the PS3..

Yep, sales don't matter. Tell that to the Dreamcast..
---
PSN Prozac786
"It shows how poorly education and raised someone really are." bob15x
#12RS_YELARAKAPosted 4/17/2014 5:24:30 PM
XB1 sold 311,000 consoles in March. And TF was the highest selling game. Also the XB1 is 60% ahead of the XB360 sales at this point in time. After being out just 5 months MS has shipped 5million consoles so I'd estimate roughly 4.5 million have sold.

The XB1 is doing all of this with a $500 price tag. That is pretty impresive. As soon as XB1 gets down into the $350-$399 range it will sell like crazy and numbers will climb even more.

Its not winning the console "sales" race but it is doing really damn good and is 2nd all time in sales in the first 5 months of a console release only behind the PS4.

So please tell me how TF or the XB1 is failing?
---
GT - YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad) www.twitch.tv/yelaraka
Currently playing - BF4, PvZ:GW, TitanFall, Rayman Legends, PowerStarGolf
#13StrongBlackVinePosted 4/17/2014 5:28:41 PM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
XB1 sold 311,000 consoles in March. And TF was the highest selling game. Also the XB1 is 60% ahead of the XB360 sales at this point in time. After being out just 5 months MS has shipped 5million consoles so I'd estimate roughly 4.5 million have sold.

The XB1 is doing all of this with a $500 price tag. That is pretty impresive. As soon as XB1 gets down into the $350-$399 range it will sell like crazy and numbers will climb even more.

Its not winning the console "sales" race but it is doing really damn good and is 2nd all time in sales in the first 5 months of a console release only behind the PS4.

PS4 is going to mop the floor with Xbone this generation.
#14kyncaniPosted 4/20/2014 7:54:24 AM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Its not winning the console "sales" [...]

It's not winning the console sales.

You're welcome.
#15avanentPosted 4/20/2014 8:06:43 AM
LEGEND-725 posted...

Except they do. Higher sales means a higher install base which means more publishers will be interested in developing for the console due to the potential higher profit. They are also more willing to take a chance on new or unusual games, although not supplied the same budget, as if the install base is high enough, it still has potential for profit.

Please see ps2 and it's game library for sales not being relevant.
#16FPS_hitmanPosted 4/20/2014 8:12:32 AM
Legend go get a job that $1500 in the bank ain't gonna last long.
#17FenriswolfPosted 4/22/2014 8:11:56 AM
avanent posted...
LEGEND-725 posted...

Except they do. Higher sales means a higher install base which means more publishers will be interested in developing for the console due to the potential higher profit. They are also more willing to take a chance on new or unusual games, although not supplied the same budget, as if the install base is high enough, it still has potential for profit.

Please see ps2 and it's game library for sales not being relevant.

Yeah, let's totally ignore the fact that the PS2 sold over 150 million consoles whereas the GCN and Xbox only sold around 20 million. Furthermore, the PS3 was still supported by pretty much all of the third parties despite trailing behind the 360 for pretty much most of last gen. With rising development costs and consoles having a similar, more PC-like architecture, third parties can no longer afford to have their top tier franchises confined to a single console only.
---
Hello
#18MRL3G3NDPosted 4/22/2014 8:15:45 AM
why do I gaf about how many consoles they sell? Because I'm a 4th grader with a bid in the console war?

I'm sorry I don't give a flying frogs ass
---
WU-TANG vs BF4
http://youtu.be/TVmvMvJ67zo
#19FenriswolfPosted 4/22/2014 8:16:08 AM
kyncani posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Its not winning the console "sales" [...]

It's not winning the console sales.

You're welcome.

Last time I checked, companies enter the console business to establish a brand name and gather long term support, and not simply brag about numbers. If anything, Sony's the one in dire straits at the moment, having shut down its Vaio laptop brand and sold two of its flagship office buildings.
---
Hello
#20blitz_0623Posted 4/22/2014 8:16:19 AM
RS_YELARAKA posted...

The context isn't about the 360, but about the current competition.

TF "failed" in meeting expectations, which is that it was expected to outsell the PS4 in March. But it did boost the X1 sales by 50k. It is more surprising, however, to see inFamous boost the PS4 sales by MORE than 50k, given that TF was much more hyped than inFamous IMO.
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add