Could the reason Activision cancelled The Amazing Spiderman 2 be because

#1dolablaPosted 4/17/2014 6:36:10 PM
Activision saw the NPD March sales earlier today and that kind of did them in in supporting the game for the X1? I'm starting to think this is a real possibility. I hope other publishers/devs don't start doing this. That would be bad.
#2Mindwipe77Posted 4/17/2014 6:54:31 PM
noone but activision and ms really know, and they aint telling
---
Proud owner of X1,PS4 and Wii U, I pity childish fanboys
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#3cheezedadadaPosted 4/17/2014 6:55:37 PM
I think our best bet would be to refer to the Xbox One forums for answers. I personally don't know the answer to your question, so ill let one of the other highly informed insiders here answer it for you.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and everything else.
#4SRBiasPosted 4/17/2014 8:13:33 PM
It was such a graphical powerhouse the esram caught fire.
#5Millertime660Posted 4/17/2014 8:38:35 PM
dolabla posted...
Activision saw the NPD March sales earlier today and that kind of did them in in supporting the game for the X1? I'm starting to think this is a real possibility. I hope other publishers/devs don't start doing this. That would be bad.

You must be incredibly smart.
#6aszsithPosted 4/17/2014 8:53:44 PM
Who knows why this happened. One thing I highly doubt is that it was because Activision didn't see sales potential. If anything, they would want to recoup the costs associated with the game's development. It was set to release in 13 days. The game would have been at the printing stage or just about to enter it. It's possible that some sort of major bug was discovered in the code that completely broke the game and rather than patch it, they indefinitely delayed it.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#7kyncaniPosted 4/18/2014 3:49:14 AM
Cannot be the poor sales since everybody already knew the Xbox One is underperforming.
#8bridog346Posted 4/18/2014 5:58:29 AM
Yes they decided screw the money and resources we put into this because the Xbox has not sold a crazy amount of consoles, even though they still have good numbers, and not recoup any of that potential money. fanboys have some serious logic issues this gen.
---
Aim for the head, that's where the pudding is
#9Tayl0rpwnzPosted 4/18/2014 6:38:50 AM
Something in the game sounds like it couldnt pass the quality control check. Maybe some complete game breaking glitch.

But we don't know for sure.
#10LastGhostPosted 4/22/2014 11:05:18 PM
It's not unlike every other game that comes out these days that they have to patch it several times to make it work properly. So why halt this one less than two weeks from launch???