Will MS fight to keep TItanfall 2 exclusive?

#11MlREFOXPosted 4/18/2014 9:43:00 AM
sn3akywaffles posted...
They'll certainly try but titanfall 2 is a long ways away so we probably shouldn't worry about it now

What makes you think it is a long ways away? Titanfall was half a game. It was essentially a beta for the inevitable Titanfall 2. Considering the frequency they can spit out CoD games, I wouldn't be surprised to see Titanfall 2 within a year. In fact, an E3 announcement and fall release wouldn't even surprise me at this point.
#12xxtasy911Posted 4/18/2014 9:43:51 AM
By the time TF2 is a real thing, there will be way too many PS4 owners for EA to pass up on that revenue.
---
PSN: KingCole | Gamertag: Coming Soon.... Maybe
#13Getstew2Posted 4/18/2014 9:52:20 AM
I can't imagine that they'd be naive enough to think that's even an option at this point.
---
Stew
Total Babble Podcast
#14Sin_Angelus_Posted 4/18/2014 10:55:35 AM
Unfortunately, third party exclusives don't always go to another system just because it's selling better, Ratchet and Clank sequels never came to 360 when it was doing better for example. And for all we know MS could purchase the rights to the franchise before TF2 comes out. Might be more likely now due to it's success, but no guarantee it's coming to PS4.

aj4x94 posted...
Either way, there's more interesting games out there.

There really isn't right now, it's one of the highest rated next-gen games between X1 and PS4 (not counting remakes and ports of course).
#15SnoicFactorPosted 4/18/2014 11:01:49 AM
Not unless Microsoft buys the IP from respawn. Which is possible considering how they did it with Gears of War. Respawn has been pretty vocal about their stance with TF2 though. They already said it would go multiplatform repeatedly. Again though, maybe MS buys the rights..I could see some stupid respawn comment like..

"Respawn is always looking to create new and innovate IPs that are FUN to play. We are very proud of what we have accomplished with Titanfall, but feel as though we can better the industry by continuing to make new and innovatie IPs. Our baby is is good hands though. BLABLABLABLAHAHAHAHA crap etc"

Pretty much all it'd take. Money talks.
---
nt
#16spacejamjordanzPosted 4/18/2014 11:46:07 AM
I fully expect Titanfall 2 to be multiplat. What I think would make more sense for Microsoft to do is to keep establishing brand recognition with the title.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#17jamamaw_gustavPosted 4/19/2014 10:48:57 PM
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
Unfortunately, third party exclusives don't always go to another system just because it's selling better, Ratchet and Clank sequels never came to 360 when it was doing better for example. And for all we know MS could purchase the rights to the franchise before TF2 comes out. Might be more likely now due to it's success, but no guarantee it's coming to PS4.
aj4x94 posted...
Either way, there's more interesting games out there.

There really isn't right now, it's one of the highest rated next-gen games between X1 and PS4 (not counting remakes and ports of course).

Actually sony owns ratchet and clank.
#18geodANGERPosted 4/19/2014 11:03:31 PM
Microsoft should just buy respawn they seem like a awesome company and they owe Microsoft for saving titianfall in the first place.
---
http://bfbcs.com/stats_360/geodanger25
http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/360/geodanger25
#19xacebopPosted 4/19/2014 11:08:41 PM
It will be multi plat but ms will probably drop tons of money to release it sooner on xbone or with exclusive content. No way era or respawn would sell the ip unless they were offered hundreds of millions of dollars. It would be cheaper for ms to do the first thing tho.
#20IzraeilPosted 4/20/2014 1:03:37 AM
SnoicFactor posted...
Not unless Microsoft buys the IP from respawn. Which is possible considering how they did it with Gears of War. Respawn has been pretty vocal about their stance with TF2 though. They already said it would go multiplatform repeatedly. Again though, maybe MS buys the rights..I could see some stupid respawn comment like..

"Respawn is always looking to create new and innovate IPs that are FUN to play. We are very proud of what we have accomplished with Titanfall, but feel as though we can better the industry by continuing to make new and innovatie IPs. Our baby is is good hands though. BLABLABLABLAHAHAHAHA crap etc"

Pretty much all it'd take. Money talks.

But how long do you think MS can keep throwing around money like that? XBOX is already a money sink, and MS keeps being stupid with these 3rd party exclusives that are basically testing the waters with MS' cash and will go multiplat if they work out well otherwise the developers will move onto something else.

It's not just Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, and Quantum Break are also games that MS will have to pay for again or they will go multiplat come sequel time (assuming they're successful enough to warrant a sequel).