Microsoft Isn't Sega

#1KiLLaJaSin26Posted 4/17/2014 8:54:49 PM(edited)
Even if PS4 out-does Xbox One in sales who cares? We have Bill Gates who has billions of dollars to support it. It's not like Playstation VS Dreamcast.
#21nternationa7Posted 4/17/2014 8:58:13 PM(edited)
So it's more like iPod vs Zune right?

Like Sony, Apple was on the verge of extinction before the iPod came out. I like this analogy a lot better.
---
Version 1 of My Movelist for Lords of Shadow 2: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672716-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2/68667781
#3necro00Posted 4/17/2014 8:57:05 PM
Sega didn't go down because of sales, it was past failures plus debt that ended them. The cash ran out plain and simple.
#4SolidManifestPosted 4/17/2014 9:00:55 PM
KiLLaJaSin26 posted...
Even if PS4 out-does Xbox One in sales who cares? We have Bill Gates who has billions of dollars to support it. It's not like Playstation VS Dreamcast.

You know bill is a philanthropist right? So unless xbox division is a starving African kid. He's not going to shell out his own personal wealth. So yes xbox division is sega
---
Buddha says He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell
#5aszsithPosted 4/17/2014 9:08:47 PM
When did a successful, publicly traded American corporation that is #11 on the worldwide net worth list all of a sudden become a debt-riddled, privately owned Japanese subsidiary?
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#6SaQu1BPosted 4/17/2014 9:14:24 PM
Microsoft has tons of cash from operating and business software to support the x1. Sega did not have that since it was primarily a gaming company.
#7AwayFromHerePosted 4/17/2014 9:18:42 PM
I love how people assume a company likes, and will continue, to lose money on a small division.

Microsoft could sell off the Xbox division and be no worse for wear.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#8SolidManifestPosted 4/17/2014 9:20:30 PM
aszsith posted...
When did a successful, publicly traded American corporation that is #11 on the worldwide net worth list all of a sudden become a debt-riddled, privately owned Japanese subsidiary?

When shareholders see how badly the xbox division is doing. They're going to find ways in dropping this division. Lol. Doesn't help when some board members already want to toss it.
---
Buddha says He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell
#9necro00Posted 4/17/2014 9:20:31 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
I love how people assume a company likes, and will continue, to lose money on a small division.

Microsoft could sell off the Xbox division and be no worse for wear.

Its not a small division, and generates them tons from Live. Windows Phone is proof that they want market share and are prepared to take losses to be in certain markets. Hell even if the One sold 2 more million consoles they still wouldn't make a huge profit off of it, MS knows this.
#10gamebuyer22Posted 4/17/2014 9:22:43 PM
What do you mean "we" ? Do you have some personal stake in the company?