Microsoft Isn't Sega

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft Isn't Sega
1 year ago#11
it's those fanboys I tell you. They are just talking out of their ass.
1 year ago#12
SolidManifest posted...
aszsith posted...
When did a successful, publicly traded American corporation that is #11 on the worldwide net worth list all of a sudden become a debt-riddled, privately owned Japanese subsidiary?

When shareholders see how badly the xbox division is doing. They're going to find ways in dropping this division. Lol. Doesn't help when some board members already want to toss it.

So you think the shareholders will dump a product that is profitable and is selling faster than either of its predecessors solely because the competition is more successful? Interesting theory.

Except that isn't a normal business practice. Otherwise there would be no Burger King, Pepsi, Mac OS, Android OS, Dodge, Papa John's Pizza, or hundreds of other companies with popular products simply because they don't offer the #1 product.

2nd place with a successful product is no reason to leave an industry.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
1 year ago#13
Yes they are Sega! Don't you lie!
1 year ago#14
I love how people assume a company likes, and will continue, to lose money on a small division

The only way the Xbox division loses money is if you count expenditure but not income. It hasn't lost money for 7 years.

"Microsoft Isn't Sega"

Sony is Sega.

Released a cheaper follow up to a difficult to program for system which sold better than its predecessor
Money issues
Withdrawing from markets
Sega ported exclusives to PACE set top boxes, Sony porting exclusives via Playstation Now.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
1 year ago#15
Uhhh you guys do know Sony is going bankrupt right?
1 year ago#16
oh my.

im not really a fan of MS or the X1, but its not going anywhere. it will be around for the whole gen. if any system is gonna die out it woulda been the wii u and look.... its still here. we are in a much different environment than when dreamcast died out. these companies today have the cash to pump back into the product to keep it afloat. you guys REALLY think they invested all this money to throw out the baby with the bath water? really? how small is your world?
---
PSN-WartPigX, XBL-WartPig ...... Novorossiya
"people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening"
1 year ago#17
thegamer00 posted...
Uhhh you guys do know Sony is going bankrupt right?

This... sad
---
XBO/PS4 HauntedBlueMoon - The Red Turtle Shell. Terrorizing Gamers Since 1992
1 year ago#18
Gates isn't giving Billions to anything but his Gates Foundation. Going to go down in history as maybe the biggest philanthropist ever.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
1 year ago#19
necro00 posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
I love how people assume a company likes, and will continue, to lose money on a small division.

Microsoft could sell off the Xbox division and be no worse for wear.

Its not a small division, and generates them tons from Live. Windows Phone is proof that they want market share and are prepared to take losses to be in certain markets. Hell even if the One sold 2 more million consoles they still wouldn't make a huge profit off of it, MS knows this.

It is a small division in the grand scheme of things for Microsoft as a whole. It doesn't fit in with their core business ideals either which is why there were some shareholders pushing for selling off the division in the past. If the One fails, the viability of the Xbox division will definitely be a topic of discussion for Microsoft again. Xbox already did what it needed anyway as the possible Sony threat to their OS has been removed. Microsoft is more concerned with competing against Apple and Google in the far more lucrative mobile devices market.
---
A wise man told me "don't argue with fools"
1 year ago#20
Ellesarien posted...
Gates isn't giving Billions to anything but his Gates Foundation. Going to go down in history as maybe the biggest philanthropist ever.

TC is an idiot. Bill Gates got his money from Microsoft, and the company itself is worth far more than Gates is individually.
---
All your base are belong to us
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft Isn't Sega

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived