Would you buy a lego TMNT game?

#21SteelToothPosted 4/17/2014 10:28:53 PM
Yes.

Konami was good in the old days, then did a mediocre job with the 4kids! based games. Ubi did pretty much nothing except skin a PoP game with the Turtles and rehash Turtles in Time, and Activision gave us a no skill button masher and an old school brawler that few people had the patience to learn the controls.

If anything, TT would at least provide an entertaining adventure. They'll even have two versions to pick - Nick or movie, or both!
---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg
#22PominAusPosted 4/17/2014 10:40:20 PM
blacklabelice posted...
id buy any kind of tmnt game. the last one i remember playing was on like super nintendo and there was like hoverboards and racing and stuff

turtles in time was that?? anybody remember? it was dope as hell but the ones on NES were pound for pound greatness

That game was indeed great, turtles in time was by far the best TMNT game ever made! I used to play that at my cousin's house at Christmas for hours!
#23necro00Posted 4/17/2014 11:23:03 PM
Tenzhi posted...
And while they stick to the same formula, there have certainly been refinements to it over the years. Like the move to open-world-type environments, for instance. Item inventory... better character switching mechanics...

the combat is always awful. Which kills games like marvel.and others. Some games can fit in the Lego realm others dont work because of the limited nature of the combat
#24thasnipermasterPosted 4/17/2014 11:38:25 PM
No, I would not ever buy any of the Lego games.
---
Im opposite of a carebear
#25TenzhiPosted 4/17/2014 11:40:19 PM
Combat is just filler in LEGO games. There's hardly any consequence to it even before you get the Red Brick of Invincibility. It only "kills" a game in the series if someone goes in with the wrong expectations. To cite the combat as a reason the LEGO games suck would be like saying Halo sucks because it has terrible puzzles.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#26Tyronelio1Posted 4/17/2014 11:43:54 PM
Tenzhi posted...
Combat is just filler in LEGO games. There's hardly any consequence to it even before you get the Red Brick of Invincibility. It only "kills" a game in the series if someone goes in with the wrong expectations. To cite the combat as a reason the LEGO games suck would be like saying Halo sucks because it has terrible puzzles.

This.

And not to mention the target audience is absolutely everyone from young child to old people.
---
The Lego video game franchise by Traveller's Tales is the greatest video game franchise of all time.
I once watch my sim burn to death with the speed on slow.
#27Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2014 12:41:55 AM
necro00 posted...
Tenzhi posted...
And while they stick to the same formula, there have certainly been refinements to it over the years. Like the move to open-world-type environments, for instance. Item inventory... better character switching mechanics...

the combat is always awful. Which kills games like marvel.and others. Some games can fit in the Lego realm others dont work because of the limited nature of the combat

The combat is fine mate, I've only enjoyed Lego Star Wars though, but I can still appreciate the series. I got Lego Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda in a holiday bundle with my Xbox 360 in 2008 and both those games were garbage in my opinion lol, but people still enjoy them.

There is nothing wrong with Lego games bro.
---
Get Good Kid.
#28Ryan SiPosted 4/18/2014 5:15:53 AM
TMNT: Out of the Shadows is a pretty decent game. The best one by far since TMNTIV on SNES.
---
Playing: Pandora's Tower (Wii), Area 51 (PS2)
#29pinkyPosted 4/18/2014 6:42:14 AM
Are you stealing ideas from IGN? Didn't they just put an article out about the 6 lego games that need to me made or somthing?
---
"I'm in the process of processing the process"-Pinky