Xbox One Has Shipped 5 Million Units - SHIPPED.

#1Skynet82997Posted 4/18/2014 3:55:23 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/17/xbox-one-has-shipped-5-million-units

Just so no one flips out - that's shipped.

"Today, Microsoft revealed that it has shipped 5 million Xbox One consoles. This number has Xbox One outpacing its predecessor, Xbox 360, by some 60 percent "at the same point in time," according to Microsoft. It's important to note that shipped does not equate to sold to consumer.

Microsoft further notes that Xbox One players "are spending an average of five hours per day on Xbox One and collectively have totaled more than one billion hours of time spent in games and apps on the console."
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#2AwayFromHerePosted 4/18/2014 3:56:41 AM
And what everyone actually wants to know is how many have been sold-through.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#3WartPig_Posted 4/18/2014 3:57:46 AM
^thats a secret
---
PSN-WartPigX, XBL-WartPig ...... Novorossiya
"people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening"
#4NewMoonShadowPosted 4/18/2014 4:04:57 AM
WartPig_ posted...
^thats a secret

Yep. Knowledge is a powerful weapon. Controlling it is how you control public perception of your product. It's just like shortly after launch when, instead of giving hard salles numbers, Microsoft declared that Dead Rising 3 players had killed several million zombies and Forza players had driven millions of miles.

Or even worse, when they declared that X-Box* games had outsold all of their competitors in the same time frame, meaning that people are excited about the X-Box One.

*Includes X-Box 360 numbers.
#5TheGam3925Posted 4/18/2014 4:13:30 AM
AwayFromHere posted...
And what everyone actually wants to know is how many have been sold-through.

Microsoft is hiding that information. They are using shipped numbers to make it look better than it actually is.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#6RagnarokxvPosted 4/18/2014 4:16:14 AM
Sold numbers are more impressive than shipped, if they weren't embarrassed by this number they would have released the information.
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#7Monolith1676Posted 4/18/2014 4:42:05 AM(edited)
Milli Vanilli was a bigger success than the XBone. Girl, you know it's...Girl, you know it's...Girl, you know it's...true
---
XBOX Live GT: For Blood
Gears of War 1 Assassination Legend
#8x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 4/18/2014 4:29:20 AM
Ragnarokxv posted...
Sold numbers are more impressive than shipped, if they weren't embarrassed by this number they would have released the information.

Especially when I see Xbox One consoles everywhere. I do see PS4 on shelves but its random and varies by store. I enjoy both consoles but I've moved over to PS4 as a primary since all my friends did and there's no reason to play on the weaker console at this point.

Here's to hoping Microsoft steps up.
#9wake_me_420Posted 4/18/2014 4:42:17 AM
Obviously using the shipped statistic is used in hopes people will compare it directly with Sony's sold figures.
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA
#10Monolith1676Posted 4/18/2014 6:11:32 AM
I win this thread.
---
XBOX Live GT: For Blood
Gears of War 1 Assassination Legend