Xbox One Has Shipped 5 Million Units - SHIPPED.

#31SigarmzPosted 4/18/2014 8:00:14 AM
Haha, look how desperate they are to announce how many shipped over sold. Just to make their numbers seem comparable to ps4. Xbone must be selling BAD.
#32kcypher2000Posted 4/18/2014 8:00:41 AM
Ramsus082 posted...
Those are pretty terrible numbers for MS considering what their competition is selling, but if you completely ignore context then I guess they're alright?

Context being that ones in over four times the countries and 20% less. Thats the context you ponies ignore. Is ps4 selling better? Yes. However acting like its killing the xbox is ignorant considering its in way more countries and a lower price.

Selling 60k more while still cheaper in the US is not a big win.
#33gobuffalo30Posted 4/18/2014 8:01:11 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
Yes because Sony is not notorious for also using shipped numbers often.

I have yet to hear people talk about how many units Sony shipped.
#34Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 4/18/2014 8:02:30 AM
Yes because when one console is doing amazing it means if the other one doesn't keep up(which tends to happen when one is doing that good) the numbers are now terrible. You guys are ridiculous.
#35kcypher2000Posted 4/18/2014 8:06:18 AM
Sigarmz posted...
Haha, look how desperate they are to announce how many shipped over sold. Just to make their numbers seem comparable to ps4. Xbone must be selling BAD.

If xbox is selling bad then so is ps4 genius. It only sold 60k more
#36BSerenityPosted 4/18/2014 8:07:10 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
Those are pretty terrible numbers for MS considering what their competition is selling, but if you completely ignore context then I guess they're alright?

Context being that ones in over four times the countries and 20% less. Thats the context you ponies ignore. Is ps4 selling better? Yes. However acting like its killing the xbox is ignorant considering its in way more countries and a lower price.

Again again and again... Those other countries are not going to make up the gap. You stupidly forget that the main markets for Xbox brand has already been released to. Give it up already.
#37TheMuffinPosted 4/18/2014 8:07:16 AM
I keep wondering why they compare it to 360 sales. Wasn't the 360 and PS3 kind of hard to come by in the first 6 months or so because they were hard to produce?
---
MonicasBack ~This is an interesting topic, I could imagine my mom or someone else who has zero knowledge of games making it.
#38kcypher2000Posted 4/18/2014 8:08:49 AM
gobuffalo30 posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
Yes because Sony is not notorious for also using shipped numbers often.

I have yet to hear people talk about how many units Sony shipped.

Then you must be too young to remember sony bragging about shipped numbers for every ND gsme launch
#39cheezedadadaPosted 4/18/2014 8:09:25 AM
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...
Yes because when one console is doing amazing it means if the other one doesn't keep up(which tends to happen when one is doing that good) the numbers are now terrible. You guys are ridiculous.

I am down to about ~20 or so total accounts that don't drive me crazy here. You are one of them.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and everything else.
#40Ramsus082Posted 4/18/2014 8:15:18 AM(edited)
Context being that ones in over four times the countries and 20% less. Thats the context you ponies ignore.

No, I'm talking about going from the undisputed North American console leader with a healthy brand image, to completely reversing their fortunes with a disastrous reception and sluggish sales, and cedeing the market leader position back to Sony, who frankly didn't have to do a damn thing besides let Microsoft fumble on their own. The Xbox brand has never been lower in a lot consumer's minds. That's what I mean by context.

Is ps4 selling better? Yes. However acting like its killing the xbox is ignorant considering its in way more countries and a lower price.

What's a good adjective to describe these turns of events, then? Ok, so "killing" won't work. Does "dominating" sound right? I don't really care about the semantics, go ahead and pick your own adjective and we'll roll with it.

Again, you're ignoring context. Microsoft slashed console prices, gave games away, and threw in a year of Live just in case that wasn't good enough. And during the release of the most hyped game(and exclusive!) since GTAV that couldn't be played on any console besides the X1......they still couldn't get over the hump. Point being, this was the best they could have done. We're passed the TItanfall hype now, and they don't have another trick up their sleeve.

In a vacuum, selling 60k less than your competitor in a zero-sum market wouldn't be too terrible. But we have more things to consider, right?
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You