Xbox One Has Shipped 5 Million Units - SHIPPED.

#51MetroidFan9999Posted 4/18/2014 10:01:34 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
BSerenity posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
Those are pretty terrible numbers for MS considering what their competition is selling, but if you completely ignore context then I guess they're alright?

Context being that ones in over four times the countries and 20% less. Thats the context you ponies ignore. Is ps4 selling better? Yes. However acting like its killing the xbox is ignorant considering its in way more countries and a lower price.

Selling 60k more while still cheaper in the US is not a big win.

Again again and again... Those other countries are not going to make up the gap. You stupidly forget that the main markets for Xbox brand has already been released to. Give it up already.

you stupidly forget that if these countries dont matter then where is sony getting these numbers from since its barely outselling xbox in the large markets. Is math too hard for you? Are you that slow.

I guess so because simple math eludes you.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69025326/780654232

You are such a broken record of spin.

I already owned your "less countries" argument, first off. They are both trending up in NA and down everywhere else, with an extrapolation of your supposed argument putting the X1, at most, at 4.9 million. That is still far less than what the PS4 is at now, first off.

Secondly....you are missing the real point entirely. In a region where Sony had 28 million consoles released compared to MS with 46 million (360 vs PS3 in NA), and a worldwide market where MS sells a majority of it's consoles in this one region....how you can Spin this as "sony needs to get their act together" and "MS is doing great!" is beyond me.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#52QuintiousPosted 4/18/2014 10:03:47 AM
Yeah, shipped numbers mean nothing with this context, given that you can't go to a store anywhere and not see 20 of these things sitting on the floor. The machines are clearly not selling.
---
I sued Microsoft...and won!
http://digg.com/xbox_360/Average_Joe_takes_on_Microsoft_over_the_360_units_and_wins
#53spacejamjordanzPosted 4/18/2014 10:11:24 AM
Shipped numbers mean little.

Funny... It's now Microsoft reporting shipped numbers, and Sony reporting sold numbers. Last gen it was vice versa
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#54Amuro_Ray00Posted 4/18/2014 10:19:41 AM
Monolith1676 posted...
Milli Vanilli was a bigger success than the XBone. Girl, you know it's...Girl, you know it's...Girl, you know it's...true

i friggin lol'd
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_etDRoBY_c
#55dualshockedPosted 4/18/2014 10:26:15 AM
Now all they have to do is to sit back and wait until the remaining units are sold.
#56Solid_Gamer77Posted 4/18/2014 10:27:23 AM
So they shipped 5 million but I'm curious how much they actually sold....
#57kryptic601Posted 4/18/2014 10:27:45 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
Sigarmz posted...
Haha, look how desperate they are to announce how many shipped over sold. Just to make their numbers seem comparable to ps4. Xbone must be selling BAD.

If xbox is selling bad then so is ps4 genius. It only sold 60k more

Microsoft's number of 5 million Xbox Ones shipped to retailers puts it significantly behind PlayStation 4's 7+ million sold to consumers, which Sony announced yesterday.

Sony 7+ million(sold) - Microsoft 5 million(shipped) = 60000 ?????
The idiocy of some people amazes me.
---
I like to play blackjack. I'm not addicted to gambling. I'm addicted to sitting in a semi-circle.
#58atopp399Posted 4/18/2014 10:30:20 AM
I would imagine Sony is enjoying about a 2:1 sales lead. The bigger contest seems to be between the Wii U and Xbox One. The Wii U is doing poorly at less than 100k units a month. If the xbox One continues to slow we could have a pretty good contest on our hands.
#59supness420Posted 4/18/2014 10:56:49 AM
I still don't get all this "this console needs to do better" crap. I mean even if the X1 is at 3-4 million sales since launch, that is not "bad." It is actually quite good. The PS4 is doing "great" at 7 million sales. That doesn't mean that over the next year or two people will not pick up an X1, just that maybe they couldn't afford both systems. i mean, both consoles together with only one game will run around 1000$. Not too mention if you want an extra controller, or, like most people do, a couple games to play.

My point is, and this is coming from someone who really prefers Sony to MS, the XB1 is not doing bad. It just isn't doing as well as the PS4. In the end, I own both, and the worst thing I can say about MS is that I feel insulted that I purchased the console early on only to be told that if I would have waited 2 months I could have got two extra games for the same price. Other than that, both consoles really have a crap selection and I will wait to start saying which one is better in terms of games and features until later.
---
Common sense has changed as the common person's sense is idiotic; therefore, I am happy to say I am not common, and I have no common sense.
#60asommerPosted 4/18/2014 10:56:59 AM
I think people are overreacting to this. Especially since it is so early in these machines life span. And honestly it still won't matter because people prefer one over the other regardless of which one is selling better. I have an Xbox 360 and liked it better than the PS3. And my buddy has the PS3 and couldn't be happier.
in the end both of these companies are going to do well!