Xbox One Has Shipped 5 Million Units - SHIPPED.

#61Pixx0Posted 4/18/2014 12:09:22 PM
dualshocked posted...
Now all they have to do is to sit back and wait until the remaining units are sold.

Sign of incoming RROD?
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#62drclaeysPosted 4/18/2014 12:21:19 PM
Friends,

I thought I was the only person that know who Milli V was. I just mention him to my wife in the last week. thank you for sharing. My guess is, your also to damn old to be here. Enjoy your day.

Monolith1676 posted...
Milli Vanilli was a bigger success than the XBone. Girl, you know it's...Girl, you know it's...Girl, you know it's...true

---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
I have been to Ukraine 3 times, My wife and daughter are from Ukraine. Republicans are SOMEHOW to blame.
#63BrokenChaos666Posted 4/18/2014 12:35:04 PM
Whenever Microsoft states shipped units and random statistics that nobody cares about, it just makes me believe they are embarrassed by their sales performance and that I should be wary of their product.

Just grow some balls and say the sales numbers already.
#64Kakarot0598Posted 4/18/2014 12:48:26 PM
The same thing happened at the beginning of gen 7 with the PS3. Sony endlessly bragged about how many units they had shipped, but the sales were absolutely terrible. The X1 is selling better than the PS3 did at that time, but it is similar.
#65DuellePosted 4/18/2014 12:52:03 PM
Monolith1676 posted...
Milli Vanilli was a bigger success than the XBone. Girl, you know it's...Girl, you know it's...Girl, you know it's...true

Gotta blame it on something
Gotta blame it on something

Blame it on the rain
Blame it on the stars
Whatever you do don't put the blame on you
#66Revival125Posted 4/18/2014 12:52:15 PM
When they dedicate valuable space in a statement to talk about nonsense like "billion hours spent playing", that is when you know they feel under pressure.
---
Spread Your Wings And Fly Away With Me
#67The_DarkwalkerPosted 4/18/2014 12:52:50 PM
Ah, man...console wars! Honestly, I think it's awesome that people will defend their console of choice to the death! Loyalty, man! But in any case, I'm loving the crap out of all my systems and 5 million sold through (even if it's just shipped and not purchased) is an amazing, amazing number and MS should be proud! And congrats to Sony, too! 7 million sold!? Holy cow! Poor Wii U, though... I love it, but I fear its days are numbered. As long as I get to play at least a Monster Hunter 4 or the Xenoblade follow-up, it will have been worth it.

And to you loyal console war vets....FIGHT! FIGHT TO THE DEATH! This is what keeps those companies' blood pumping. Sling that dirt! Stomp those feet! Embrace your inner fanboy and make this the bloodiest console war yet!
---
The Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast while the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill as their hearts but once heaved and forever grew still.
#68aszsithPosted 4/18/2014 12:53:03 PM
For those who don't understand who business works:

Microsoft is paid for every unit shipped to retail regardless of whether they end up in the hands of consumers or a landfill in New Mexico.

The units that don't sell are bad press for Microsoft, and a loss to the retail establishment which could impact future orders of Microsoft products, but Microsoft has lost anything on them.

Moreover, in the video game console market, console sales are a means to an end anyway. Neither Microsoft nor Sony make an really profit on consoles. The real money comes from the licensing agreements, software, and peripheral sales. The console sales drive those other sales. The XBOne has a current attach rate of 2.9. If that number can rise, the number of consoles the company needs to see sold through to consumers can drop proportionally.

Or you can just continue to argue that Sony is winning a commercial cold war that you have no stake in.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#69Jx1010Posted 4/18/2014 12:55:39 PM
I wonder how many of these 5 million shipped units will still be sitting in stores by the end of this year or maybe even next year...unsold.
#70Mr_Big_BossPosted 4/18/2014 1:05:26 PM
kcypher2000 posted...
Sony has the advantage and its benefiting them. Lower price and more countries means ps4 should sell more or we should be worried.

Look at it this way. On launch day, Sony sold 1 million units in only 2 countries. Microsoft needed 13 countries just to sell 1 million units. You need to stop being so butthurt over Microsoft's lower sales.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...