First console to reach 10 million wins the generation.

#1jackyflcPosted 4/18/2014 3:27:25 AM
“This year will be the largest in the history of the video game industry, with Xbox 360 leading the charge in the U.S. and abroad,” said Don Mattrick, senior vice president of the Interactive Entertainment Business in the Entertainment and Devices Division at Microsoft. “History has shown us that the first company to reach 10 million in console sales wins the generation battle. We are uniquely positioned to set a new benchmark for the industry.”

Source :- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/press/2008/may08/05-14360first10pr.aspx

Is this the guy that is replaced by Phil Spencer? If yes then good riddance. Getting a Xbox One very soon and I have to say, Phil Spencer seems to be a better leader for Xbox.

PS - Alan Wake 2 please?
#2robert_rangersuPosted 4/18/2014 3:33:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3kyncaniPosted 4/18/2014 3:45:35 AM
Yeah, now it's more like "it's a marathon", that is why we're going so slowly.
#4TheGam3925Posted 4/18/2014 3:48:41 AM
kyncani posted...

Next will be "We're like Muhammad Ali, were on the ropes but we're gonna win this."
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#5rusty12000Posted 4/18/2014 4:32:02 AM
The way I see it. You can't call 'Who won the generation' within the first year. Come back in 3-4 years.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#6jackyflc(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2014 4:37:41 AM(edited)
Serious question, Coming from someone who owns all 3 consoles last gen and also a gaming PC, how does one define a console won or loss?

Or do most people tend to stick to one console? So winning = better games? I do admit most of my friends seems to own only a ps3 or a 360 but they are mostly very casual gamers. Who buys like 3 - 4 games per year on average.
#7blacklabelicePosted 4/18/2014 7:53:17 AM(edited)
both consoles have barely been out for only half a year and still have close to a decade left to go before retirement, but the fanboys are already parading some kind of triumphant victory in their little console war

why must people insist on herping their derp every other thread? why not just turn on the console you like and stick in a game you enjoy and not worry about the number of game sales, total number of pixels on the screen, or how somebody else is enjoying their game?

this has gotta be the worst board on all of gamefaqs by far. its like a steaming cesspool of troll and fanboy
#8IzraeilPosted 4/18/2014 7:58:57 AM
MS has changed their views on a lot of things.
Last gen they posted essays on how 360 was stronger than PS3 and ran games better, Now specs don't matter.
Last gen was a spring to see who gets to 10million first (one had a year head start so it was anyone's guess who'd win that sprint), now it's a marathon.
#9billOrileyPosted 4/18/2014 8:33:31 AM
kyncani posted...
#10TurbokkPosted 4/18/2014 9:56:00 AM
In Don Mattrick we trust.