Why don't we talk about games anymore?

#1grampamurkedPosted 4/18/2014 6:43:11 AM
Everyone seems so obsessed with sales figures. BOTH systems are selling as good or better than their predecessor.
There are a lot of potentially great games on the horizon...

Alien Isolation
The Division
Destiny
The Order 1886
ESOL
Wolfenstine
Watch Dogs
The Evil Within
Batman Arkham Knight

Yet all we talk about is xsystem is beating ysystem.
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU
#2Skynet82997Posted 4/18/2014 6:45:45 AM
Because when we do talk about games, you can be sure you'll have a load of people coming in JUST to mention that's it's the "inferior version" for XB1.

This board is a pretty lost cause. Not much room for any actual, productive discussion here.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#3pistachio2888Posted 4/18/2014 6:46:02 AM
Because Gamefaqs are full of trolls that only care about graphics not game play
---
Hello my name is Trolly of Trollington HAHA MageuLook
#4kyncaniPosted 4/18/2014 6:50:41 AM(edited)
Skynet82997 posted...
Because when we do talk about games, you can be sure you'll have a load of people coming in JUST to mention that's it's the "inferior version" for XB1.

This board is a pretty lost cause. Not much room for any actual, productive discussion here.

True that.

Edit : it isn't a completely lost cause though. Microsoft could drop the Xbox One price to $300 since it is way overpriced right now.
#5Reflex-ArcPosted 4/18/2014 6:51:09 AM
We do talk about games, but those topics get buried quickly by the umpteen thousand negatopics that get posted on the average day and subsequently bumped ad nauseam.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#6RockguyKevPosted 4/18/2014 6:51:19 AM
Yep, board is dead for any real discussion. The other issue is that there just aren't enough games for either system at this point so it gets drowned out by all the children trying to justify why they spent all their allowance to play Infamous for 8 hours.
#7bridog346Posted 4/18/2014 6:52:23 AM
Yeah this site is like getting homeless people to fight over a bottle of liquor, it's so dumb and appalling but I just keep looking to see what happens next.
---
Aim for the head, that's where the pudding is
#8MOATS7798Posted 4/18/2014 6:54:15 AM
This is why I don't come here as much, easier to join the few hundred Xbox-Only groups on Facebook, as much as I hate FB, and they are actually ran by guys and gals who have zero-tolerance for anything Sony related being posted or talked about...

Unlike this pathetic site who allows for it and makes BS excuses when you speak to the so called "moderators"....
---
In all my years of gaming I've never walked into a store and purchased a game that I've wanted to play based on the resolution.
#9grampamurked(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2014 6:55:19 AM
I pop in every day hoping to see a thread with some new info or links to videos but get natta. I even posted one thread asking for news on a particular game and was told to use Google instead of posting about it.
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU
#10SoulTrapperPosted 4/18/2014 6:58:49 AM(edited)
People don't really want to talk about games, they prefer arguing in topics that they don't like.

There's a really simple way to "fix" this board: ignore the topics/posts that talk about something you don't like, post in the topics that talk about the stuff you do like.

This should be basic knowledge, but judging by how many people bump topics they don't like by posting something idiotic like "I don't care about this topic, stop talking about it" instead of ignoring that topic and letting it slide off the first page instead of bumping it, this is lost wisdom.

MOATS7798 posted...
This is why I don't come here as much, easier to join the few hundred Xbox-Only groups on Facebook, as much as I hate FB, and they are actually ran by guys and gals who have zero-tolerance for anything Sony related being posted or talked about...

Unlike this pathetic site who allows for it and makes BS excuses when you speak to the so called "moderators"....

I don't think the moderators are doing anything wrong, people simply prefer arguing with each other over talking about games.
And this is the xbox one board, so any xbox one discussion should be allowed.

You can't mod people for talking about the subject of the board.