Why don't we talk about games anymore?

#21EllesarienPosted 4/18/2014 7:47:07 AM
grampamurked posted...
I pop in every day hoping to see a thread with some new info or links to videos but get natta. I even posted one thread asking for news on a particular game and was told to use Google instead of posting about it.

Most of the "regulars" have gone now after putting up with it for 6 months now. They have gone to better sites that are actually moderated.

The main issue is that gamefaqs wants this board to be this way. They endorse posts/threads on this board that get IMMEDIATELY removed on other like boards.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#22DojoMaxPosted 4/18/2014 7:54:49 AM
grampamurked posted...
I pop in every day hoping to see a thread with some new info or links to videos but get natta. I even posted one thread asking for news on a particular game and was told to use Google instead of posting about it.

Yea I go to the ps4 boards if I wanna talk games. The trolls post more here than over there. I may even head to the 360 boards or PC. There aren't many real gamers here. And that's the gods honest truth.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#23SoulTrapperPosted 4/18/2014 9:16:46 AM
MOATS7798 posted...
So topics created to constantly remind us "I don't have an Xbox, don't want one, but Tomb Raider had a few more pixels on my PS4" all the time is what they should allow?....

GTFOH!

Should I give 5 more examples of topics created here from non-xbox owners who just like to stir up ****?

I've been here for years, and I've let the idiots running this site for years know this site should be called Sonyfaqs.com, they do a piss-poor job here. All they care about is language used to keep to 8 year olds safe...lol

You don't seem to understand the problem.

The problem aren't topics about sales, resolution or hardware.
Those are all related to the console and relevant to the board.

Whether you like those topics or not, is not relevant. This site is not here to cater to your personal views or opinions.

The problem is the people arguing in those topics.

If people would simply accept the lower sales numbers, the lower resolution in multiplat games and the weaker hardware, those topics would simply disappear as quickly as they are created or the people actually interested in talking about those subjects (Why is it selling less? Why do multiplats run at lower resolutions?) would have the chance to do so in peace.

If the majority of people here prefer arguing in those topics over talking about games (which have their own boards, in case you didn't know), then why should the mods intervene?
#24SoulTrapperPosted 4/18/2014 9:22:02 AM
quincy2000a posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
There's a really simple way to "fix" this board: ignore the topics/posts that talk about something you don't like, post in the topics that talk about the stuff you do like.

This should be basic knowledge, but judging by how many people bump topics they don't like by posting something idiotic like "I don't care about this topic, stop talking about it" instead of ignoring that topic and letting it slide off the first page instead of bumping it, this is lost wisdom....

I've been debating on posting this same thing for a few days--but I didn't think most here would get it.

And I still think most won't.

There are tons of topics here that are of no interest to me. I don't even open them.

Many people seem to go into a topic and then post "I don't know why you guys keep posting these topics..." which, to me, is the stupidest thing you could do. I don't know how some of you find the time.

That having been said, some topics regarding power and resolution do interest me and I post there. I will continue to do so as long as the topics are here and others wish to discuss it an intelligent, civil manner. But I am not going to waste my time on a topic that does not interest me.

And speaking about intelligence and civility, for god's sake, use the ignore feature. I feel I am on the right track every time I log on and the message at the bottom says "You are ignoring X topic(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here." If someone is always posting about a subject you don't like (e.g., resolution and power), ignore them. If you feel someone is a troll, ignore them. Why post in their topic, keeping it on the front page?

Heck, I ignored a user here because he felt that making disparaging comments about the physical attributes of a contributor pictured on another site was appropriate in a discussion just because he didn't like what he had to say. There is no reason for me to let him in my life. I wouldn't hang around someone in RL if I thought he was an idiot--so why would I do it here?

I am not going to agree with a lot of posters here but, when I disagree, I hope to address the issue in an intelligent, civil manner. That is what a forum is for, I thought. If you think me a troll, please ignore me. And I apparently don't even have a good definition of trolling--more than half the time someone is accusing someone else of being a troll, all I see is an opposite opinion.

Thanks, SoulTrapper, for bringing this up.

You're absolutely right.

The ignore feature is there for a reason, people just don't seem to be willing to use it.

I think some people here actually really just enjoy arguing.
I like a good discussion as well, but I don't argue just to argue.
#25gobuffalo30Posted 4/18/2014 9:26:42 AM
Because people can't handle opinions and then quite a few people on this board state opinions that are way over the top. Then people on this board post half truths, lie, and can't handle logic without going crazy.
#26Kult47Posted 4/18/2014 9:30:00 AM
I tried making a topic similar to this the other day and it got deleted for being off topic... But all these whiney x1 vs ps4 topics are allowed... Not to mention some of the many many immature topics I come across daily.
---
PSN- Orbital47
Gamertag- TOXic f47aLiTy
#27r_ottensPosted 4/18/2014 1:59:28 PM
A lot of the smaller games have very good communities where help is offered and people are friendly. It seems that on the main board or anything very popular trolls come our in force and go into idiot mode.
---
I like rocks
#28r_ottensPosted 4/18/2014 1:59:56 PM
Sorry about any typos typing from phone
---
I like rocks
#29XeroShinobiPosted 4/18/2014 2:01:52 PM
There are no must-have games coming out on either the Xbone or PS4 in the immediate future, that's probably why.

This hardware generation is also pretty lackluster overall. A minimum of 1080p/60 FPS should have been mandated on both systems.
---
Currently playing: not much
#30Laylow12Posted 4/18/2014 2:04:08 PM
Games are handled on the individual game boards. This board is for talking about the XBOX ONE which is a showcase for KINECT 2.0 with a dash of mediocre game playing on the side.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin