We refuse to buy Kinect.

#21drfirepantsPosted 4/19/2014 7:19:15 AM
BTM4444 posted...
DrFeelgood1984 posted...
I am telling Microsoft by not purchasing their under-powered, over-priced console. The only way to send this message is through purchasing decisions, and I think the message is being sent as PS4 continues to outsell the ONE. Microsoft will be forced to sell Kinect at a loss or remove the useless peripheral completely to compete this gen. Kinect is a failure, and the sooner they realize that, the better.

Kinect is a failure? That's your opinion buddy. I fully support the kinect. It's extremely convenient and it works 90% of the time voice recognition wise.

It will continue to get better with updates. It's just so annoying seeing all these threads bashing kinect. They are not gonna get rid of it.

---
#22SparkItUpPosted 4/19/2014 8:44:22 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
fan360 posted...
cheezedadada posted...
If you feel that way, let Microsoft know.

Microsoft doesn't listen.

The purpose of this topic is to tell people DO NOT buy xbox one.
We are not begging here.

They do listen, tweet them, make petitions, tweet at personalities that actually mean something.

Instead of coming onto gamefaqs and complaining and making a stand like its going to change something.

or one could simply do what many of us have chose to do, speak with our wallets and not give them money.
#23fan360(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2014 9:01:08 AM
I own all consoles. (I am very old, LoL)

However, this is the first one I will skip.
Spy on us. No thanks.
#24TBONE_OGPosted 4/19/2014 9:02:49 AM
fan360 posted...
I own all consoles. (I am very old, LoL)

However, this is the first one I will skip.
Spy on us. No thanks.

Kinect has never been used for spying -- ever.

But be old and cry on while millions of people enjoy Xbox One and the games and features it provides.

I love Kinect, btw.
---
Always O.G.
#25TheMuffinPosted 4/19/2014 9:07:55 AM
BTM4444 posted...
DrFeelgood1984 posted...
I am telling Microsoft by not purchasing their under-powered, over-priced console. The only way to send this message is through purchasing decisions, and I think the message is being sent as PS4 continues to outsell the ONE. Microsoft will be forced to sell Kinect at a loss or remove the useless peripheral completely to compete this gen. Kinect is a failure, and the sooner they realize that, the better.

Kinect is a failure? That's your opinion buddy. I fully support the kinect. It's extremely convenient and it works 90% of the time voice recognition wise.

It will continue to get better with updates. It's just so annoying seeing all these threads bashing kinect. They are not gonna get rid of it.

90% is unacceptable. If your controller only worked 9/10 times you went to play a game, you'd be pissed. If a game only started up 9/10 times, you'd be pissed. If the console itself only turned on 9/10 times, you'd be pissed. So why is it acceptable to you and others for the kinect to have that ratio? Voice commands are not new and MS had the entire run of Kinect 1.0 to beta test it. Yet in the end, we're paying extra for something that only works 9/10 times that many feel is an unneeded and worthless accessory.

If you like it. GREAT! But buy it because you want it and not because it's forced on you with the console. Pack it separately with Kinect Sports for $150. Market it as a great addition for people who want to get up and move, for adults and media fans who want to watch their favorite programming hands free and for an overall family oriented experience. But leave it out of the console box.

If you let consumers choose to buy it they are more open to accepting it. We already have articles from developers stating they have no intention of including Kinect commands, so we know for multiplatform games it is just not going to be used. As for exclusives, if they actually show off innovative tracking and voice usage this would convince people to invest in it. However if they treat those features the same way they did with 1.0 it will fail. A quick note on the box does not garner interest from a buyer. Show it off at Kiosks in stores. Show it in the commercials for the game. Actually write you can do with it in the game on the game case for crying out loud. Use the damn thing in a useful manner for games and actually inform people about it and you'll get sales.
---
MonicasBack ~This is an interesting topic, I could imagine my mom or someone else who has zero knowledge of games making it.
#26kayoticdreamzPosted 4/19/2014 9:37:55 AM
the amount of hate for something that can be left in the box is insane.
#27aj4x94Posted 4/19/2014 9:45:31 AM
This is the very reason I don't want an Xbox One(in addition to no games I'm interested in).

I refuse to pay more for something that I'm not going to use, and doesn't work nearly as good as Microsoft tells me it does.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Lords of Shadow, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, GTA V.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#28mfv12979Posted 4/19/2014 9:53:43 AM
I would buy an x1 at this very moment if it weren't for kinect. That extra cash would be well spent on a game rather than a kinect that will just collect dust.
#29TheMuffinPosted 4/19/2014 9:55:59 AM(edited)
kayoticdreamz posted...
the amount of hate for something that can be left in the box is insane.

Do you really not understand why?

mfv12979 posted...
I would buy an x1 at this very moment if it weren't for kinect. That extra cash would be well spent on a game rather than a kinect that will just collect dust.

This. So much. I could pick up an extra controller and probably a game in place of a Kinect.
---
MonicasBack ~This is an interesting topic, I could imagine my mom or someone else who has zero knowledge of games making it.
#30XanderMXIXPosted 4/19/2014 9:54:56 AM
kyncani posted...
Apex-Player posted...
fan360 posted...
cheezedadada posted...
If you feel that way, let Microsoft know.

Microsoft doesn't listen.

The purpose of this topic is to tell people DO NOT buy xbox one.
We are not begging here.

You think you need to tell people not to buy an xboxone?
Lol to funny, most people already aren't or won't.

And Microsoft does "listen". They're kind of in Full Panic Mode right now.

Second fastest selling console of all time. Full panic mode lol