I own an Xbox One and I hate it.

#41spacejamjordanzPosted 4/18/2014 10:21:12 AM
teeebz posted...
I looked up his gamertag. Now I may be doing it wrong, but all the games I see he has played are 360 games... I don't see an xbox one game. I'm doing this on my ipad.

You cannot see Xbox One activity on the net yet. Only from your Xbox One, and smartglass at the moment.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#42spacejamjordanzPosted 4/18/2014 10:39:51 AM
badmanneil posted...
I just can't do it anymore. I had such high expectations for the Xbox One, but every month it's something new. I preorderd my One since June 2013, I have a day one edition. Here are my issues

1) The Kinect: At first i was all for it, but the fact that the UI is built around it is a terrible mistake. It also works when it wants to, and i get really angry when i have to repeat a command more than once.

2) The price. If Microsoft wanted to dominate obviously they had to price at $399 or lower. Then not even a few months after launch all these titanfall bundles are up to $100 less than retail.

3) The constant excuses. It really irritates me that games are not being run at the same resolution as the PS4. I paid more for this console, yet i am playing at a lower resolution. The UI that was released was an embarrassment. No friend notifications, no external HDD support. The 360 has a better UI. The whole point of next-gen is to move forward, not backwards.

4) Over-hype- This is the real problem with the console. It was over-hyped since announcement, and i am sorry to say that even Titanfall is massively over-hyped. I don't understand how the fanboys of this site are okay with accepting a mediocre product. Titanfall is not a $60 game. It does not have the content to justify it at all.

I am so done. I'm going to keep my One for exclusives and use my ps4 for all 3rd party titles..

#1. I agree. Completely unnecessary. I do play Kinect games with family, but it still should be optional. I really don't care much for talking to my Xbox. That wasn't a selling point for me. People act as if buttons are so bad these days. Let those who want to play the new Xbox do so without it. They have yet to justify a Kinect in every box, and I am not sure if they ever will. They are going to have to wow me. Give the UI some time though. The 360 had years to evolve.

#2. Once again see #1. They might have been able to undercut Sony without Kinect. That would make a huge difference.

#3. When it comes to multplats I agree again. Good luck with the Microsoft faithful though. That ties into #1 and #2. I don't see how that wouldn't bother anyone. I think most are just sticking to their guns and pretending it doesn't matter that a cheaper console can run games better. Which is funny, because it mattered last gen when the 360 consistently outperformed the PS3 in this area. Now all of a sudden it doesn't matter? Yea...whatever. Things will improve as devs become more familiar and better tools like DX12. Out of the gate? Yes...very disappointing.

#4. When speaking about Titanfall I agree. I really like the game, and I'm gonna go play it soon. I have a lot fun with it, but my issue is the lack of content. I feel that the content offering doesn't warrant it's price tag. Especially when other games in the genre have a lot more. Say what you want about Ghosts and Battlefield 4, but they both have TF beat when it comes to content.

I am not sure if I will own both this gen, but if I had both right. I would definitely play multiplats on PS4 too.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#43MonicasBackPosted 4/18/2014 1:47:29 PM
Feel about the same, if E3 doesn't wow me this thing is going to gamestop and I'm leaving with a PS4.
---
Monicaaa
#44SparkItUpPosted 4/18/2014 1:52:43 PM
badmanneil posted...
I just can't do it anymore. I had such high expectations for the Xbox One, but every month it's something new. I preorderd my One since June 2013, I have a day one edition. Here are my issues

1) The Kinect: At first i was all for it, but the fact that the UI is built around it is a terrible mistake. It also works when it wants to, and i get really angry when i have to repeat a command more than once.

2) The price. If Microsoft wanted to dominate obviously they had to price at $399 or lower. Then not even a few months after launch all these titanfall bundles are up to $100 less than retail.

3) The constant excuses. It really irritates me that games are not being run at the same resolution as the PS4. I paid more for this console, yet i am playing at a lower resolution. The UI that was released was an embarrassment. No friend notifications, no external HDD support. The 360 has a better UI. The whole point of next-gen is to move forward, not backwards.

4) Over-hype- This is the real problem with the console. It was over-hyped since announcement, and i am sorry to say that even Titanfall is massively over-hyped. I don't understand how the fanboys of this site are okay with accepting a mediocre product. Titanfall is not a $60 game. It does not have the content to justify it at all.

I am so done. I'm going to keep my One for exclusives and use my ps4 for all 3rd party titles..

So let me get this straight TC...the same problems the XB1 had before launch, and you still bought it..
#45LotsOfSchmegmaPosted 4/18/2014 1:56:55 PM
badmanneil posted...

I feel like this is a joke post just based on this last little tidbit. What idiot would own both and use the PS4 for just exclusives?

I own both and a Wii u, got the 4 at launch and the 1 for titanfall release. I ended up getting my broken PS4 back the next day. I'm honestly surprised how much I play the 1, but you'd be pretty stupid to buy both and choose the inferior hardware to play multis on.
#46SparkItUpPosted 4/18/2014 2:01:55 PM
LotsOfSchmegma posted...
badmanneil posted...

I feel like this is a joke post just based on this last little tidbit. What idiot would own both and use the PS4 for just exclusives?

I own both and a Wii u, got the 4 at launch and the 1 for titanfall release. I ended up getting my broken PS4 back the next day. I'm honestly surprised how much I play the 1, but you'd be pretty stupid to buy both and choose the inferior hardware to play multis on.

He clearly said he was using the XB1 for exclusives and the PS4 for 3rd party titles.
#47MrImpatient35Posted 4/18/2014 2:09:07 PM
All I'll say is this. X1 isn't as great as I thought it would be in November 2013, but it's slowly getting to the greatness that I thought it'd be with each system update. I assume that it will be as great as I expected it to be by this November. I say November 2014 because that's when I think both systems were MEANT to be released. By November, everything should be as I thought it'd be.

All the kinks can/should be worked out by then. Every device released has kinks to workout. So in a way, I'm kinda happy they came out a year early. They have a year earlier to workout the kinks.

I'm just waiting on them to add external HD support, and media streaming. I don't care much about music...until a racing game I want comes out, but definitely my videos.
---
FML
#48aj4x94Posted 4/18/2014 2:18:17 PM
Xbox One hyped? Lol
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Lords of Shadow, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, GTA V.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#49SparkItUpPosted 4/18/2014 2:24:31 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
All I'll say is this. X1 isn't as great as I thought it would be in November 2013, but it's slowly getting to the greatness that I thought it'd be with each system update. I assume that it will be as great as I expected it to be by this November. I say November 2014 because that's when I think both systems were MEANT to be released. By November, everything should be as I thought it'd be.

So let me get this straight, things that can be updated through system updates are what got you excited for the XB1? please go on....
#50CaIiber345Posted 4/18/2014 2:29:59 PM
Jedi454 posted...
BloatedSquirrel posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Sell your Xbox One so someone who is more of a man can enjoy it.

LOLOL OK

Calm down spaz.

Get over yourself. Seriously. You expose your ignorance when you make statements that tie manhood to opinions over video game consoles.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Rogue Legacy, Destiny