Titanfall exclusive to MS because Sony did not want to reveal PS4 specs to them

#41SparkItUpPosted 4/18/2014 1:57:36 PM
I highly doubt EA regrets the decision. They were handsomely rewarded by MS to make it exclusive. EA is probably the actual bigger winner between the 2 (between MS & EA) over this deal. They were guaranteed X amount of money before the game even launched. The actual sales were just icing on the cake for them.
#42PokemonYoutubePosted 4/18/2014 2:26:14 PM
SparkItUp posted...
I highly doubt EA regrets the decision. They were handsomely rewarded by MS to make it exclusive. EA is probably the actual bigger winner between the 2 (between MS & EA) over this deal. They were guaranteed X amount of money before the game even launched. The actual sales were just icing on the cake for them.

I dunno. They may very well have earned more in sales revenue from PS4, PS3 and maybe even Wii U copies sold than what Microsoft gave them for exclusivity. The thing is, we don't know the exact amount.
---
www.youtube.com/GeneralSecura
#43IzraeilPosted 4/18/2014 3:23:05 PM
ITT only sony has made bad decisions.
MS is currently involved in a lot more ventures that are not looking healthy like Xbox one, windows 8, windows phone, and their tablet.

Sony at least knows they need to get rid of their PC decision because that's a dying market and it just happens to be the thing that's the lifeblood of MS.
#44toolman129Posted 4/18/2014 3:48:09 PM
BoneRevolution posted...
Seriously?

Wow...No wonder they're going bankrupt...

QFT.

Not much left to discuss after this.
---
GT:NightlordHypn0s
PSN:Saakk129
#45donate123Posted 4/18/2014 4:22:37 PM
BoneRevolution posted...
Seriously?

Wow...No wonder they're going bankrupt...

This
#46MasteroftheArtsPosted 4/18/2014 4:43:14 PM
Master Alien posted...
MonicasBack posted...
Sony is a sinking ship, and their games division is the only bilge pump working.

and their pictures entertainment division, and their music entertainment division, and their insurance division.

Most people don't realize that Sony's biggest profit generator is their financial holdings from insurance. Sony pictures also makes a respectable profit as well.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#47V_BurghPosted 4/18/2014 5:26:03 PM
Based on Titanfall's inability to move systems it seems like Sony made a good choice if this is true.
---
BANDWAGON HOOOOOO!
#48GGearXPosted 4/18/2014 5:41:28 PM
SparkItUp posted...

PS4 is outselling the xbone by a LOT, you're telling us that them making it completely exclusive is a good decision?

God the fanboys in here have no idea what they are talking about.
---
BACK TO BAAAACK
GAMERTAG : NEON KNLGHT
#49yiangaruuugaPosted 4/18/2014 5:54:44 PM
MS may be having a rough time with the Surface tablets, and Windows 8 phones. However, they make a killer profit on Android devices (IIRC about 99% profit, because Android OS utilizes some of MS patents or components) . Windows 8.1 Phone may be a actual contender in the mobile market too. The reviewers are all loving it.

I think both companies are digging a hole with themselves. Sony is losing money with every PS4 purchases, the horrific PS3 launch, and subpar PC division. While Microsoft is losing money with Microsoft Surface, Windows Phone, and PC sales.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix | PSN: xFrostxPhoenix
GSU Comp Sci C/O 2015 | XB1;360;PS4;N64;SNES
#50flame030191Posted 4/18/2014 5:57:48 PM
I'm assuming that, at that point, their ideas weren't finalized yet. Look at Durango's original cycle, devs stated that they had to receive new kits constantly because MS kept changing up the specs, which relates to why the X1 version of games aren't yet as good as they could've been. Sony clearly didn't mean that they didn't want the game since they offered to internally develop a Vita version.

I honestly feel that they should've delayed Titanfall until Winter 2014 to compete with CoD11, waited until the new consoles were more or less finalized in hardware, then started development on both.
---
PSN: armyflame XBL: That Guy Flame
My gaming setup: http://imgur.com/1vV0VK1 Proud to be a God of War fan. http://imgur.com/APaWnBD http://imgur.com/v1m4dbD