Titanfall exclusive to MS because Sony did not want to reveal PS4 specs to them

#51ExempliGratiaPosted 4/18/2014 5:58:04 PM
Don't see what's so bad about Sony holding their cards close to their vest. It seems to be working for them right now.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#52flame030191Posted 4/18/2014 6:00:14 PM
ExempliGratia posted...
Don't see what's so bad about Sony holding their cards close to their vest. It seems to be working for them right now.

Not to mention Respawn is still openly excited to work with Sony in the future and were actually sad that they weren't able to develop TF on the PS4.
---
PSN: armyflame XBL: That Guy Flame
My gaming setup: http://imgur.com/1vV0VK1 Proud to be a God of War fan. http://imgur.com/APaWnBD http://imgur.com/v1m4dbD
#53SparkItUpPosted 4/19/2014 7:28:32 AM
GGearX posted...
SparkItUp posted...
I highly doubt EA regrets the decision. They were handsomely rewarded by MS to make it exclusive. EA is probably the actual bigger winner between the 2 (between MS & EA) over this deal. They were guaranteed X amount of money before the game even launched. The actual sales were just icing on the cake for them.

PS4 is outselling the xbone by a LOT, you're telling us that them making it completely exclusive is a good decision?

God the fanboys in here have no idea what they are talking about.

for EA, it really didn't matter. They were compensated by Microsoft generously enough that it simply didn't matter to them plus they still are getting their standard cut from the MS/PC sales. Microsoft is really the only loser in that they lost a ton of cash for a game that simply wasn't the savior they had hoped it to be. Sony gained security in what their console was comprised of which helped propel them to the forefront. So again, Microsoft was the only real loser in this. There is absolutely no downside for EA/Sony in this deal that outweighs it having been a multiplat game.

I'd go so far and say that Respawn is a potential loser as well in the deal, but this discussion for the most part is about EA, MS & Sony.
#54MonicasBackPosted 4/19/2014 7:29:47 AM
tf was basically what kz2 was for the ps3
---
Monicaaa
#55Tyronelio1Posted 4/19/2014 7:31:42 AM
I can't help but feel this is false.
---
The Lego video game franchise by Traveller's Tales is the greatest video game franchise of all time.
I once watch my sim burn to death with the speed on slow.
#56method115Posted 4/19/2014 7:40:00 AM
BoneRevolution posted...
Seriously?

Wow...No wonder they're going bankrupt...

Yep they missed out Look at what Titan Fall did for the X1 it helped them when March NPD and catch up to PS4 sales. Oh wait...

Mean while they have the most powerful console on the market and shocked everyone including MS. No wonder investors want to get rid of the xbox division.
---
PSN: method114
XBL: method115
#57CrysianiaPosted 4/19/2014 7:50:34 AM(edited)
This is bs though, respawn didnt even know about the ms exclusive deal with EA until after it happened.

Respawn had nothing to do with it being with microsoft only, neither did sony.
#58SparkItUpPosted 4/19/2014 7:53:13 AM(edited)
Crysiania posted...
This is bs though, respawn didnt even know about the ms exclusive deal with EA until after it happened.

Respawn had nothing to do with it being with microsoft only, neither did sony.

To be fair, either those running Respawn are either completely dense (and shouldn't be running a company), or they knew (even if they didn't want to know). They had to be wondering why they weren't getting devkits, specs, etc from Sony.
#5995_EclipsePosted 4/19/2014 7:59:41 AM
BoneRevolution posted...
Seriously?

Wow...No wonder they're going bankrupt...

Agreed. Titanfall could have turned the tides for the PS4, instead Xbo is now dominating after it's release, outselling the Ps4 in all regions!

Oh wait.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.