Father kills son because he wants to play xbox games

#181kayoticdreamzPosted 4/19/2014 9:44:33 AM
the first comment is so true it hurts

When a woman does similar, they will make up a new condition called something like post-gaming depression. If convicted, she will spend maybe one year in a much nicer mental health institution instead of prison then be let out to make more babies and play more games.
#182Mindwipe77Posted 4/19/2014 9:45:40 AM
kayoticdreamz posted...

When a woman does similar, they will make up a new condition called something like post-gaming depression. If convicted, she will spend maybe one year in a much nicer mental health institution instead of prison then be let out to make more babies and play more games.

well women usually get much lighter punishment than men for doing the exact same crimes, would be no surprise
---
Proud owner of X1,PS4 and Wii U, I pity childish fanboys
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#183GeminiX7Posted 4/19/2014 11:51:26 AM
kayoticdreamz posted...

If you honestly believe thats what happens when a woman kills her own child, you have literally no understanding of the law system or history of law cases. First of all, Women who kill thier own children are typically looked at MORE harshly, not less harshly. They might historically get lighter sentences for the same crime, but when it comes to killing your own children diliberately, you can bet your ass people aren't going to let her skate on that one.

Also, if you think people just "make up" mental diseases to get out of trouble, you are as sickening as the guy who killed his kid(well, almost to me at least). There's a little thing called Psychology, you may have heard it. You're not going to just make up a disease and then pretend that the State's psychologists are just going to give them the thumbs up and move on.

Not to mention, even if they did get sent to a mental institution, it's not all flowers and puppies till they start "acting normal" and get sent home. As someone whose done Nursing clinicals in a state psychiatric facility, I can tell you, they are pretty hellish. At best your around people who have committed crimes but are so delusional they don't know where or even who they are. The rest are pretty much in solitary because they are so violent they pose a constant risk to themselves, the other patients, and the employees of the facility. And you wanna know what happens when "you get all better"? Depending on the crime, your ass gets reevaluated and you get sent to prison. They don't just let murderers go free into the world if they "pretended to be crazy".

Law and Order doesn't reflect real life. And scoffing real mental conditions and treating it like it's all a crock is the reason violent, deranged acts like this and school shootings occur like they do. Rather than seeing people who clearly have mental disorders as they are and trying to get them the help they need, we just call them "wierdos" and do nothing but avoid them. Then when they finally act out thier aggression/delusions we just call them "evil" or "sickos" and thats the end of that.

Yes, I do believe the guy should be punished for his crimes. Yes, I do think this is an absolute tragedy. But I don't think this is a case of "Video Games cause violence" or "This guy is PURE EVIL" or "Why do women have sex with men like this". I think it's another case of America's (and the world in general) inability to properly diagnose and treat mental health problems in a preventive manner.
---
NNID/PSN/GT: GeminiX7
FC: 0748-3100-6541 [FS: Tangelia, Ivysaur, and Maractus]
#184I-Love-PumpkinsPosted 4/19/2014 4:06:49 PM
I-Love-Pumpkins posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

Are you kidding me?

Who's the angry 12 year old upset about my completely non-ToU violating Playstation comment and the moderator who takes the "thin skinned" phrase in reference to that particular crew to new depths?
#185eAsy_mAc187Posted 4/19/2014 4:33:15 PM
So, not only does he wear eye liner, but he's been charged with rape in the past and is allowed to be alone with his 16 month old son who is now dead? What is wrong with this world.
---
GT: eAsy mAc187
#186I-Love-PumpkinsPosted 4/19/2014 4:36:19 PM
eAsy_mAc187 posted...
So, not only does he wear eye liner, but he's been charged with rape in the past and is allowed to be alone with his 16 month old son who is now dead? What is wrong with this world.

People always ask what is wrong with this world when they hear stories like this, but the truth is stuff like this has been going on since the dawn of mankind.

Maybe not the video game/TV part though...
#187shamfuruPosted 4/19/2014 4:39:19 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

Are you kidding me?

Who's the angry 12 year old upset about my completely non-ToU violating Playstation comment and the moderator who takes the "thin skinned" phrase in reference to that particular crew to new depths?

A lot of mods are PS4 users.

They were all over the Knack board for a bit.
#188eAsy_mAc187Posted 4/19/2014 4:40:12 PM
eAsy_mAc187 posted...

People always ask what is wrong with this world when they hear stories like this, but the truth is stuff like this has been going on since the dawn of mankind.

I'm just saying, people are gonna start saying video games were the cause of the childs death,
but look at this guys history? He obviously had some issues from the very beginning haha.
---
GT: eAsy mAc187
#189Hahaha9111Posted 4/19/2014 5:40:11 PM
and this is why xbox is bad.....
#190GeminiX7Posted 4/19/2014 5:46:59 PM
eAsy_mAc187 posted...
eAsy_mAc187 posted...

I'm just saying, people are gonna start saying video games were the cause of the childs death,
but look at this guys history? He obviously had some issues from the very beginning haha.

Exactly. Any mental health professional worth thier salt could tell you this person needs some sort of treatment or to be placed in some sort of facility well before this happened. But since he doesn't fit the general stereotype of "crazy person" and since people seem to assume all mental disorders are made up or "just in that person's head", I'm sure people just thought he was a "bad person" or "wierd" and wrote it off.
---
NNID/PSN/GT: GeminiX7
FC: 0748-3100-6541 [FS: Tangelia, Ivysaur, and Maractus]