Father kills son because he wants to play xbox games

#41wtrldz2124Posted 4/18/2014 1:57:38 PM
SPOILER ALERT.....

He didn't kill over a video game, he killed because he is a psychopath.
#42Megaman OmegaPosted 4/18/2014 2:00:26 PM
wtrldz2124 posted...
SPOILER ALERT.....

This. But since video games are the devil according to the media, it has to be spun that way.
---
LOL at all the whiners and trolls. They know Vita tv and new model will kill all competition. Festering wounds for the Nintendrones by the gallons. - karissa1
#43Amuro_Ray00Posted 4/18/2014 2:00:44 PM
support temporary sterilization
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_etDRoBY_c
#44SparkItUpPosted 4/18/2014 2:07:43 PM
wtrldz2124 posted...
SPOILER ALERT.....

Psychopath is the most overused term when describing a mental illness. If you look at this incident rationally, it's the same behavior that occurs with road rage.
#45Droogie83Posted 4/18/2014 2:07:57 PM
Lynch that SOB before he even gets to trial!
#46DragonlordHaar8Posted 4/18/2014 2:13:46 PM
From what it says in the article it sounds like the guy was trying to get his son to stop crying and accidentally killed him in the process, not on purpose. Still, it was incredibly negligent and cruel what he did.
---
TvC friend code- 0947- 3795- 9587
#47wh0_kn0wsPosted 4/18/2014 2:14:18 PM
SparkItUp posted...
wtrldz2124 posted...
SPOILER ALERT.....

Psychopath is the most overused term when describing a mental illness. If you look at this incident rationally, it's the same behavior that occurs with road rage.

eh, i don't beat my cat when someone KS's on me

that guy was just dumb
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#48ssringoPosted 4/18/2014 2:32:20 PM(edited)
SparkItUp posted...
I think people are missing the bigger problem here. We've all raged at a game, which brings to question what is it about us that finds anger in the things we love to do. What exactly is the mindset that goes on. I almost guarantee he was raging during a multiplayer game at the time. It activated something inside of him to look beyond consequence of what he was doing. He most likely loved his son very much, but he found himself in a mental state of rage that was so intense, he didn't really grasp what it was he had done.

Now, that being said, I am not saying games did this to him nor am I excusing this or condoning what he did because it is beyond excuses. But what I am saying is that studies need to look at what exactly goes on in the brain when we start to rage like this and what the exact triggers are.

Edit: Had to look up 3rd degree murder to verify what it meant (as it's not the proper term). They're getting him with involuntary manslaughter (I assume); not intending death but involving an intentional, or negligent, act that led to death.

Just didn't seem like a rage episode from gaming as much as rage from a loud infant needing/wanting attention at a time when the guy didn't want to give it attention.
---
What the Hell is wrong with this topic!?
Females are now males, males are now females, little girls are now Batman. -TalesofGod
#49Sevi_neyPosted 4/18/2014 2:20:31 PM
SparkItUp posted...
wtrldz2124 posted...
SPOILER ALERT.....

Um... wrong. This would most certainly be a case where the term "psychopath" is completely applicable to the person in the situation.
---
http://tinyurl.com/lyh5apd
^video representation of the Xbone board^
#50SparkItUpPosted 4/18/2014 2:24:51 PM(edited)
Sevi_ney posted...
SparkItUp posted...
wtrldz2124 posted...
SPOILER ALERT.....

Um... wrong. This would most certainly be a case where the term "psychopath" is completely applicable to the person in the situation.

perhaps you should look up the meaning of psychopath.

Oh wait, I've done it already for you. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/psychopath

Absolutely nothing in the article even hints to any of the above (beyond the fact someone was killed). And by that across the board labeling, anyone that kills is a psychopath which simply is not the case.