How in the world did the X1 not beat PS4 sales in March? /notroll

#21kyncaniPosted 4/18/2014 5:27:16 PM
darkace77450 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Yeah, but to be fair, they're not going to be able to keep doing this, at some point they're going to have to start stepping their game up. E3 is going to have to be pretty phenomenal for Sony for them to have this continue for them

Sony doesn't have to do anything to "keep doing this", because MS is "doing this" to themselves. Sony's CEO could show up at E3, walk on stage, drop his trousers, flick himself in the nuts, pull up his trousers, bow, and leave without saying a word and Sony's would still outperform MS.

Which is basically what they did last year.

Call it disappointing, playing it safe, profiting from the Xbox One misery, whatever.
It is what it is.
#22megaman1376Posted 4/18/2014 5:32:57 PM
the big great problem and the reason that xbox is not beating ps4 can be resumed in 3 letters DRM man i hope this can be a case study that people simply hates DRM and that any piracy curbed is offset by the customers leaving

titanFall was not a system seller simply an online only can't be a system seller unless is stellar and titanfall falls just above average a single player campaing where it develops a story could had helped it after all if halo was multiplayer only we woulnt know cortana and master chief

sony right now is surfing in the wave of antiDRM but that wave is going to crash sooner or later so they need to get in gear or they will lose any chance to outperform the xbox one but for now they only need to release some good games even if they are multiplatform and they are set
#23yiangaruuugaPosted 4/18/2014 6:08:17 PM
Let's be real. Everybody on here is like, "I'll get the Xbox One when they come out with a Kinectless SKU". They had multiple opportunities to purchases one for $400 or $450 (and that's with a free game)
http://kotaku.com/amazon-has-the-xbox-one-for-400-act-fast-1550943503
http://kotaku.com/microsoft-has-the-xbox-one-titanfall-bundle-for-400-u-1542290601

$500-$75 Kinect = $425, XB1 MSRP is going to be $450 for a $25 profit, which is what the XB1 was being sold at for about a month straight. If they wanted to get an XB1 they would have been got one. They know they won't get one, but they'll come up with multiple excuses why. All they need to say is I'm not interested.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix | PSN: xFrostxPhoenix
GSU Comp Sci C/O 2015 | XB1;360;PS4;N64;SNES
#24pearl arowanaPosted 4/18/2014 6:14:49 PM
Cus xbone is inferior to ps4. Xbone 720p to ps4 1080p is a huge difference. Msg5
---
OMG that the best cringed ever!!
ROFL
#25kyncaniPosted 4/18/2014 6:36:01 PM
yiangaruuuga posted...
Let's be real. Everybody on here is like, "I'll get the Xbox One when they come out with a Kinectless SKU". They had multiple opportunities to purchases one for $400 or $450 (and that's with a free game)

- $400~$450 ? The Xbox One is weaker than the PS4 so try $350 at most. $300,would be better.

- One free game ? Try at least a dozen .every.year. Or a few dozens if you also play on PC and/or Xbox 360.

And then you have to give people incentives to switch.
#26RyuuHou25Posted 4/18/2014 7:02:44 PM
kyncani posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
kyncani posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Titanfall was not a system seller. Plain and simple.

It is a system seller.
The Xbox One is just so screwed up that, well, in the end it just isn't enough.

You can't call something a system seller when it's not causing spikes in system sales. Doesn't matter if the system itself isn't enough, that's what a system seller IS, it sells a system regardless because people want that game.

It did cause a spike. The problem is Xbox one sales have also declined rapidly during the five weeks month outside of that spike, which I think lasted about two weeks. And the spike was just not enough in the end.

( the Xbox One decline is all relative to the PS4 though, which admittedly is doing very well. I haven't checked if the decline is absolute as well. )

We shall see in NPD April what happens now.

A spike, generally, is a massive jump. 258,000 in February to 311,000 in March is not a massive jump.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
This is what you sound like to me when you ask something obvious/staring you in the face - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqz_tbBr2ts
#27pearl arowanaPosted 4/18/2014 8:29:44 PM
SnoicFactor posted...
I am really asking. I fully expected Xbox One to win due to Titanfall, TF bundle, price cuts, etc.

Coz xbone just not wirth the asking price.
Inferior hardware, let see

Inferior multiplat games
Everything behind paywall. Even youtube, browser and paid app
Higher annual fee
Spycam - scaryyy

299 would ideal for microsoft. 250 is the sweet spot tho.
---
OMG that the best cringed ever!!
ROFL
#28RubMyDuckyPosted 4/18/2014 8:49:16 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Titanfall sold more on PC. PC gaming is booming at the moment.
#29orestes1981Posted 4/18/2014 10:50:58 PM(edited)
flame030191 posted...
darkace77450 posted...
Sony doesn't have to do anything to "keep doing this", because MS is "doing this" to themselves. Sony's CEO could show up at E3, walk on stage, drop his trousers, flick himself in the nuts, pull up his trousers, bow, and leave without saying a word and Sony's would still outperform MS.

And you'd still have thousands of fanboys out there making statues to worship their gaming lords.

My theory is that if Sony truly wants to stay ahead, they need to find a marketing campaign to top Kevin Butler. "Perfect Day" was pretty good and "Greatness Awaits" wasn't bad, but they weren't anything nearly as good as KB's commercials, and then their few commercials they've made since then have been borderline atrocious. I don't see how they could get anyone excited to play them, especially with how frequently they repeat the same commercials everywhere.

MS is better at advertising for the sole fact that they at least let the developers and publishers make their own advertisements then sneak in "Available on Xbox" at the end of it, making people genuinely excited to play the games available then advertising it like it's an Xbox exclusive even if it's not.

Sony is winning generation. People already know Xbox One is weaker, and MS doesn't have a great history of support. The only people in denial about this generation is fanboys.

It reminds me of the (short) battle between the Prius vs Chevy Volt.
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#30VanderZooPosted 4/18/2014 11:17:11 PM
I predicted this. I said all along that it wouldn't be a system seller, not when it's also available on the PC and 360.

It still had a positive impact on sales of course, but it was never going to be the next Halo or Gears, like MS hoped for.