How in the world did the X1 not beat PS4 sales in March? /notroll

#31kyncaniPosted 4/19/2014 4:00:18 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
kyncani posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
kyncani posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Titanfall was not a system seller. Plain and simple.

It is a system seller.
The Xbox One is just so screwed up that, well, in the end it just isn't enough.

You can't call something a system seller when it's not causing spikes in system sales. Doesn't matter if the system itself isn't enough, that's what a system seller IS, it sells a system regardless because people want that game.

It did cause a spike. The problem is Xbox one sales have also declined rapidly during the five weeks month outside of that spike, which I think lasted about two weeks. And the spike was just not enough in the end.

( the Xbox One decline is all relative to the PS4 though, which admittedly is doing very well. I haven't checked if the decline is absolute as well. )

We shall see in NPD April what happens now.

A spike, generally, is a massive jump. 258,000 in February to 311,000 in March is not a massive jump.

Well, AFAIK there was a jump, a two weeks jump. Very noticeable but nothing massive.
I would still qualify it a system seller.
But I don't think any game can provide a massive jump in sales for the Xbox One, or the Wii U for that matter.
They've both started spiraling downward.
#32EoinPosted 4/19/2014 5:27:57 AM
Titanfall's impact was limited by a number of things:

- it's a new IP. No matter how hyped it was, it's still not a big established name. People are cautious about it.

- When Titanfall released on Xbox One, it was also available on PC and its release on Xbox 360 was imminent. There was no need to buy an Xbox One to play Titanfall.

- People who bought into the Titanfall hype probably got an Xbox One for the beta in February, or bought an Xbox One earlier based on Titanfall hype. If, say, a million people bought the system because of Titanfall, that could have been split into 600,000 at launch, 200,000 in February and 200,00 in March (though I do not believe that it shifted that many systems).

Titanfall still sold well of course, and will probably continue to sell fairly well for most of the rest of the year. However, the idea of it selling lots of Xbox Ones in March seems to have failed to emerge in reality - either it did most of its system-selling earlier, or its ability to sell systems isn't as big as was previously assumed by many.

In the end, it looks like the PS4 is going to beat the Xbox One in the US in any given month, unless there is an exceptional release on Xbox One. Titanfall does not appear to have been that kind of exceptional release.
#33TrueBlue91Posted 4/19/2014 5:37:08 AM
Eoin posted...
Titanfall's impact was limited by a number of things:

- it's a new IP. No matter how hyped it was, it's still not a big established name. People are cautious about it.

- When Titanfall released on Xbox One, it was also available on PC and its release on Xbox 360 was imminent. There was no need to buy an Xbox One to play Titanfall.

- People who bought into the Titanfall hype probably got an Xbox One for the beta in February, or bought an Xbox One earlier based on Titanfall hype. If, say, a million people bought the system because of Titanfall, that could have been split into 600,000 at launch, 200,000 in February and 200,00 in March (though I do not believe that it shifted that many systems).

Titanfall still sold well of course, and will probably continue to sell fairly well for most of the rest of the year. However, the idea of it selling lots of Xbox Ones in March seems to have failed to emerge in reality - either it did most of its system-selling earlier, or its ability to sell systems isn't as big as was previously assumed by many.

In the end, it looks like the PS4 is going to beat the Xbox One in the US in any given month, unless there is an exceptional release on Xbox One. Titanfall does not appear to have been that kind of exceptional release.

Once again good ol' Eoin nails it.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess
#34XtremeWRATH360Posted 4/19/2014 6:41:16 AM
yiangaruuuga posted...
Let's be real. Everybody on here is like, "I'll get the Xbox One when they come out with a Kinectless SKU". They had multiple opportunities to purchases one for $400 or $450 (and that's with a free game)
http://kotaku.com/amazon-has-the-xbox-one-for-400-act-fast-1550943503
http://kotaku.com/microsoft-has-the-xbox-one-titanfall-bundle-for-400-u-1542290601

$500-$75 Kinect = $425, XB1 MSRP is going to be $450 for a $25 profit, which is what the XB1 was being sold at for about a month straight. If they wanted to get an XB1 they would have been got one. They know they won't get one, but they'll come up with multiple excuses why. All they need to say is I'm not interested.

For me the Kinect still inflates the price so i look at it if its 450 it would have been 350 without Kinect so they need a big price drop before i consider budging on the system.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#35Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 4/19/2014 7:23:01 AM
Did you guys miss the jump from January to February when a lot of people expected it to do less than 100k and were wrong(big surprise there).
#36SparkItUpPosted 4/19/2014 7:46:34 AM
FPS_hitman posted...
They fanboys already bought their systems. Now they need to convince sane people to buy and it's not happening. They have a history of broken consoles and their exclusives are all declining and made by new devs now. Not really any reason for anyone to by into the BS spin of clouds etc...
#37TheBonfiniPosted 4/19/2014 7:52:12 AM
It seems that most true gamers and not just xbots prefer cheaper consoles, more power and much better multiplatform performance.

The numbers don't lie.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#38TurbokkPosted 4/19/2014 8:08:32 AM
The Ponies buy multiple PS4s so Sony doesn't have to seel more buildings.
#39Miiri0Posted 4/19/2014 9:05:04 AM
Titanfall fell flat from target. It failed.
#40TheMuffinPosted 4/19/2014 9:16:34 AM
pearl arowana posted...
SnoicFactor posted...
I am really asking. I fully expected Xbox One to win due to Titanfall, TF bundle, price cuts, etc.

Coz xbone just not wirth the asking price.
Inferior hardware, let see

Inferior multiplat games
Everything behind paywall. Even youtube, browser and paid app
Higher annual fee
Spycam - scaryyy

299 would ideal for microsoft. 250 is the sweet spot tho.

They'd never sell it for $300. Without the Kinect and no game bundled the system should sell for $350. It's cheaper than the competitor, which means it's more cost effective for people to play their multiplatform games on while still maintaining a similar graphical fidelity. Hell it might be a sales booster for the Wii U as well for people wanting mainstream games and their Mario fix.
---
MonicasBack ~This is an interesting topic, I could imagine my mom or someone else who has zero knowledge of games making it.