why is the xbone selling less than half what the ps4 is selling?

#11kyncaniPosted 4/18/2014 11:38:24 AM
AtomicMenace posted...
I think the most interesting aspect is how though the Xbox One might currently be slightly behind in terms of hardware units sold - it's slightly ahead in terms of software sales.

Actually the PS4 is also ahead in terms of software sales so the Xbox One is screwed up there as well.
#12BaronVladzPosted 4/18/2014 11:40:30 AM
AtomicMenace posted...
I think the most interesting aspect is how though the Xbox One might currently be slightly behind in terms of hardware units sold - it's slightly ahead in terms of software sales. With this we can conclude one of three things:

1.) The PS4 consumer base lacks the funds necessary to commit to their system of choice through the purchase and retainment of titles. (The cheaper price of the console as opposed to the Xbox One's higher price tag can easily become a verification of this.)

2.) The PS4 currently lacks a number of quality titles that consumers find worth purchasing. (The fact that consumers are saving $100 on the purchase of the console only to turn around and NOT put said $100 back into the system can verify this.)

3.) Both 1 & 2.

With the more likely story being #2, I would say that the fact the Xbox One is selling more software has to do with the counter-parts of each of the above statements. The Xbox One consumer base doesn't mind spending money and there also exists a larger variety of high quality titles to even play on the system.

Fans of both systems (I myself have launch editions of each, including a Wii U) should find it in their best interest to support their systems in any way possible if you want to prolong your company of choice's success into the future. As of now Nintendo is finding it difficult to catch and hold consumer attention, while Sony continues to patch their financial wounds by altering/firing team members that bring you the titles you supposedly love. Microsoft is fighting to justify the kinect with new consumers - but let's face it, it's never been an argument for or against the kinect. It's all about the extra $100. If the Xbox One was $399 with the kinect there would be no whining.

I propose those who wish to support all systems get a job, learn to save, and buy whatever it is you want. It is pointless doing nothing but arguing on a forum over a system you do not even have - just shows the people with common sense that you desperately want one. Honestly, who talks about something that they have no interest or stake in? The answer - no one.

I don't think you can make any inferences about X1 vs PS4 software sales unless they release the 'X1' Titanfall software sales instead of overall sales
#13mokmuudPosted 4/18/2014 11:46:03 AM
Plus we really don't know the true numbers of any game sales considering digital sales aren't usually revealed.
Almost all my purchases are digital.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#14cheezedadadaPosted 4/18/2014 11:46:21 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#15AtomicMenacePosted 4/18/2014 11:47:25 AM
If you have a 12 gallon barrel of water and a 50 gallon barrel of water, both with holes in them - which one bleeds dry first?
#16PS4alwaysPosted 4/18/2014 12:02:37 PM
AtomicMenace posted...
I think the most interesting aspect is how though the Xbox One might currently be slightly behind in terms of hardware units sold - it's slightly ahead in terms of software sales. With this we can conclude one of three things:

1.) The PS4 consumer base lacks the funds necessary to commit to their system of choice through the purchase and retainment of titles. (The cheaper price of the console as opposed to the Xbox One's higher price tag can easily become a verification of this.)

2.) The PS4 currently lacks a number of quality titles that consumers find worth purchasing. (The fact that consumers are saving $100 on the purchase of the console only to turn around and NOT put said $100 back into the system can verify this.)

3.) Both 1 & 2.

With the more likely story being #2, I would say that the fact the Xbox One is selling more software has to do with the counter-parts of each of the above statements. The Xbox One consumer base doesn't mind spending money and there also exists a larger variety of high quality titles to even play on the system.

Fans of both systems (I myself have launch editions of each, including a Wii U) should find it in their best interest to support their systems in any way possible if you want to prolong your company of choice's success into the future. As of now Nintendo is finding it difficult to catch and hold consumer attention, while Sony continues to patch their financial wounds by altering/firing team members that bring you the titles you supposedly love. Microsoft is fighting to justify the kinect with new consumers - but let's face it, it's never been an argument for or against the kinect. It's all about the extra $100. If the Xbox One was $399 with the kinect there would be no whining.

I propose those who wish to support all systems get a job, learn to save, and buy whatever it is you want. It is pointless doing nothing but arguing on a forum over a system you do not even have - just shows the people with common sense that you desperately want one. Honestly, who talks about something that they have no interest or stake in? The answer - no one.

Pure codswallop.

When I was deciding which console to buy, the price didn't even come into it and no I'm not rich but it was simple logic:-

XB1
- less powerful
- mandatory kinect

PS4
- more powerful
- optional camera so I can opt out!

Thats that main things I considered, price was never a consideration, tbh if the PS4 had have been $100 more than the Xb1 I would still have bought it.
#17AtomicMenacePosted 4/18/2014 12:11:56 PM
I've never understood people's fears of cameras. The reason the PS4 camera was optional is clearly obvious. Look at any PS4 twitch streamer - thing is worth $20 at most.
#18AtomicMenacePosted 4/18/2014 12:15:57 PM
Once again, if you have no interest in a system or hold any stake in it - why do you care? Denying yourself the benefit of playing any exclusive, no matter what the system, and blaming it on abstract self-justification in your own head when the real issue is a lack of finances/interest (in a time of severe economic downturn) is one of the most laughable things to publicly whine about. Have you no shame?
#19mokmuudPosted 4/18/2014 12:20:08 PM
AtomicMenace posted...
Once again, if you have no interest in a system or hold any stake in it - why do you care? Denying yourself the benefit of playing any exclusive, no matter what the system, and blaming it on abstract self-justification in your own head when the real issue is a lack of finances/interest (in a time of severe economic downturn) is one of the most laughable things to publicly whine about. Have you no shame?

I love the fact that regardless what system cool game game releases on I can play it.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#20Laylow12Posted 4/18/2014 12:20:43 PM
It's a showcase for the KINECT 2.0 with a dash of mediocre game playing on the side.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin