why is the xbone selling less than half what the ps4 is selling?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. why is the xbone selling less than half what the ps4 is selling?
1 year ago#101
suprsolider posted...
No, it's pretty clear the reason why PS4 is doing better is because Sony never tried to screw over the game.

Microsoft did, and that is why I am not supporting them. Simple as that. I don't care that they reversed it all, it matters that they would even think to try and I am betting EA has allot to do with it since they were the most vocal about used games sales.

I usually don't buy games used, but sometimes I have to if they are out of print and hard to get new since I can't buy every game that I want to play at launch (I got other bills to pay as well). Same goes for allot of gamers, and for Microsoft to try and screw the consumer like that is crap and that is unforgivable.

I hope the PS4 continues to trounce on Xbox One to teach Microsoft a very valuable lesson, DON'T TRY TO SCREW THE CONSUMER AS IT WILL ALWAYS BITE YOU IN THE ASS. I am surprised they didn't learn that lesson from the disaster that was Windows Vista which made XP stick around for as long as it did.

This. I find it ****ing hilarious that because they backpedalled, everyone's fine with MS now. That makes no sense. If you caught someone trying to, I dunno, kill your baby, and then they apologized and left, would you be fine with that person?
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess
1 year ago#102
With 500 for inferior hardware even mucrosoft sell less xbone, they make more money off gamers.
---
OMG that the best cringed ever!!
ROFL
1 year ago#103
TrueBlue91 posted...
suprsolider posted...
No, it's pretty clear the reason why PS4 is doing better is because Sony never tried to screw over the game.

Microsoft did, and that is why I am not supporting them. Simple as that. I don't care that they reversed it all, it matters that they would even think to try and I am betting EA has allot to do with it since they were the most vocal about used games sales.

I usually don't buy games used, but sometimes I have to if they are out of print and hard to get new since I can't buy every game that I want to play at launch (I got other bills to pay as well). Same goes for allot of gamers, and for Microsoft to try and screw the consumer like that is crap and that is unforgivable.

I hope the PS4 continues to trounce on Xbox One to teach Microsoft a very valuable lesson, DON'T TRY TO SCREW THE CONSUMER AS IT WILL ALWAYS BITE YOU IN THE ASS. I am surprised they didn't learn that lesson from the disaster that was Windows Vista which made XP stick around for as long as it did.

This. I find it ****ing hilarious that because they backpedalled, everyone's fine with MS now. That makes no sense. If you caught someone trying to, I dunno, kill your baby, and then they apologized and left, would you be fine with that person?

I dont get analogies like this. How are Microsofts plans equivalent to attempted murder? None of their plans had any affect on anybody, ever. They explicitly told you what their plans were, they didnt even try to hide it, and then they scrapped those plans. The keyword in all of that, in case you missed it, is PLANS. Not actions, nothing final or implemented. I would understand if they actually launched the console and people who bought it were not aware of the restrictions, but there was never any actual consequence to the consumer from those plans.

The more appropriate analogy would be that someone told you (without actually doing it) they wanted to restrict your habits, and you asked them to stop, and they did. Comparing software restrictions that you would willingly sign up for (you would have to buy the console for their policies to affect you) to attempted murder just makes you two look like ignorant fanboys. I just dont get how being as reactive as MS has been to consumer feedback can possibly be a bad thing. You guys act as if SONY or any other company never tried something stupid or made mistakes before. Anybody remember Sony's Rootkit scandal? That actually did affect people and sony tried to hide it, but nobody remembers that right? No need to act like they killed or attempted to kill anyone. Everyone makes mistakes, but in this case, MS doesn't deserve AS MUCH (they definitely deserve a little wake up call) hate as they have gotten.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pkmn Y IGN: Pasha || TSV: 2535 ||Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
1 year ago#104
DeadLock25 posted...
Anybody remember Sony's Rootkit scandal? That actually did affect people and sony tried to hide it, but nobody remembers that right? No need to act like they killed or attempted to kill anyone. Everyone makes mistakes, but in this case, MS doesn't deserve AS MUCH (they definitely deserve a little wake up call) hate as they have gotten.

Of course some people remember the rootkit scandal.
It took years for Sony to recover from that one.
Years. And Microsoft hasn't even removed the Kinect camera yet.

Trust is a [insert banned word], isn't she ? Hard to gain yet so very easily lost.
1 year ago#105
TrueBlue91 posted...
suprsolider posted...

Absolutely.
1 year ago#106
Because ps4 is superior console.
1 year ago#107
Funny how this board is divided in two :

- The first half thinks the PS4 beats the Xbox One because it has superior hardware.

- The second half thinks the PS4 beats the Xbox One because it is much cheaper

;)
1 year ago#108
kyncani posted...
Funny how this board is divided in two :

- The first half thinks the PS4 beats the Xbox One because it has superior hardware.

- The second half thinks the PS4 beats the Xbox One because it is much cheaper

;)

And the third group who knows the truth that Sony is lieing about PS4 sales numbers.
1 year ago#109
The same reason cod sells ten times more than dark souls 2...
1 year ago#110
Cuz its half as powerful?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. why is the xbone selling less than half what the ps4 is selling?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived