why is the xbone selling less than half what the ps4 is selling?

#21HENTAIDOJIPosted 4/18/2014 1:21:10 PM
AtomicMenace posted...
I think the most interesting aspect is how though the Xbox One might currently be slightly behind in terms of hardware units sold - it's slightly ahead in terms of software sales. With this we can conclude one of three things:

1.) The PS4 consumer base lacks the funds necessary to commit to their system of choice through the purchase and retainment of titles. (The cheaper price of the console as opposed to the Xbox One's higher price tag can easily become a verification of this.)

2.) The PS4 currently lacks a number of quality titles that consumers find worth purchasing. (The fact that consumers are saving $100 on the purchase of the console only to turn around and NOT put said $100 back into the system can verify this.)

3.) Both 1 & 2.

With the more likely story being #2, I would say that the fact the Xbox One is selling more software has to do with the counter-parts of each of the above statements. The Xbox One consumer base doesn't mind spending money and there also exists a larger variety of high quality titles to even play on the system.

Fans of both systems (I myself have launch editions of each, including a Wii U) should find it in their best interest to support their systems in any way possible if you want to prolong your company of choice's success into the future. As of now Nintendo is finding it difficult to catch and hold consumer attention, while Sony continues to patch their financial wounds by altering/firing team members that bring you the titles you supposedly love. Microsoft is fighting to justify the kinect with new consumers - but let's face it, it's never been an argument for or against the kinect. It's all about the extra $100. If the Xbox One was $399 with the kinect there would be no whining.

I propose those who wish to support all systems get a job, learn to save, and buy whatever it is you want. It is pointless doing nothing but arguing on a forum over a system you do not even have - just shows the people with common sense that you desperately want one. Honestly, who talks about something that they have no interest or stake in? The answer - no one.

Good points. Though it's worth addressing that $100 extra in the PS4 purchasers pocket is *not* leading to more software sales, unless you're suggesting PS4 is appealing more to the financially resistant.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#22JoeSkeletorPosted 4/18/2014 1:23:41 PM
AtomicMenace posted...
I've never understood people's fears of cameras. The reason the PS4 camera was optional is clearly obvious. Look at any PS4 twitch streamer - thing is worth $20 at most.

Playroom is more fun than rivals i own both and its a shame you dont have the option to not have kinect because that would have allowed ms to price match with PS I mean the ps camera is flying off the shelves its a wanted item. All most people do is complain about kinect seems like sony had the right idea.
---
PS4: Irskeletor / XB1: JoeSkeletor / WiiU: Deadskelton
#23mokmuudPosted 4/18/2014 1:23:50 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
AtomicMenace posted...
I think the most interesting aspect is how though the Xbox One might currently be slightly behind in terms of hardware units sold - it's slightly ahead in terms of software sales. With this we can conclude one of three things:

1.) The PS4 consumer base lacks the funds necessary to commit to their system of choice through the purchase and retainment of titles. (The cheaper price of the console as opposed to the Xbox One's higher price tag can easily become a verification of this.)

2.) The PS4 currently lacks a number of quality titles that consumers find worth purchasing. (The fact that consumers are saving $100 on the purchase of the console only to turn around and NOT put said $100 back into the system can verify this.)

3.) Both 1 & 2.

With the more likely story being #2, I would say that the fact the Xbox One is selling more software has to do with the counter-parts of each of the above statements. The Xbox One consumer base doesn't mind spending money and there also exists a larger variety of high quality titles to even play on the system.

Fans of both systems (I myself have launch editions of each, including a Wii U) should find it in their best interest to support their systems in any way possible if you want to prolong your company of choice's success into the future. As of now Nintendo is finding it difficult to catch and hold consumer attention, while Sony continues to patch their financial wounds by altering/firing team members that bring you the titles you supposedly love. Microsoft is fighting to justify the kinect with new consumers - but let's face it, it's never been an argument for or against the kinect. It's all about the extra $100. If the Xbox One was $399 with the kinect there would be no whining.

I propose those who wish to support all systems get a job, learn to save, and buy whatever it is you want. It is pointless doing nothing but arguing on a forum over a system you do not even have - just shows the people with common sense that you desperately want one. Honestly, who talks about something that they have no interest or stake in? The answer - no one.

Good points. Though it's worth addressing that $100 extra in the PS4 purchasers pocket is *not* leading to more software sales, unless you're suggesting PS4 is appealing more to the financially resistant.

Where are those digital sale numbers?
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#24AtomicMenacePosted 4/18/2014 1:24:48 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
AtomicMenace posted...

3.) Both 1 & 2.

I think both possible outcomes can be one and the same. I find it weird that having $100 extra isn't resulting in additional game purchases leading to a higher attach rate per PS4. This can only lead to outcome of a lack of games worth buying or $399 is the top dollar those gamers are willing to spend.
#25RS_YELARAKAPosted 4/18/2014 1:27:32 PM
Price

That's it
---
GT - YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad) www.twitch.tv/yelaraka
Currently playing - BF4, PvZ:GW, TitanFall, Rayman Legends, PowerStarGolf
#26Master AlienPosted 4/18/2014 1:47:32 PM
AtomicMenace posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
AtomicMenace posted...

3.) Both 1 & 2.

I think both possible outcomes can be one and the same. I find it weird that having $100 extra isn't resulting in additional game purchases leading to a higher attach rate per PS4. This can only lead to outcome of a lack of games worth buying or $399 is the top dollar those gamers are willing to spend.

uhh where are you getting these numbers? everywhere that has talked about attach rates have both hovering around 2.9. that is not good for microsoft considering how many exclusives they have in comparison to sony who has infamous and a bunch of all gen multiplats/indie/f2p games
#27AtomicMenacePosted 4/18/2014 1:57:26 PM
joeskeletor posted...
AtomicMenace posted...
I've never understood people's fears of cameras. The reason the PS4 camera was optional is clearly obvious. Look at any PS4 twitch streamer - thing is worth $20 at most.

Playroom is more fun than rivals i own both and its a shame you dont have the option to not have kinect because that would have allowed ms to price match with PS I mean the ps camera is flying off the shelves its a wanted item. All most people do is complain about kinect seems like sony had the right idea.

There are pros and cons to forcing unity via hardware. The fact that everyone already has a Kinect would allow a Kinect game (that is well designed) to be made and enjoyed without the need for extraneous purchasing. This is seen as quite beneficial in the eyes of developers as it is much easier to get someone to spend X instead of X+Y in an effort to sell X. Kinect has a guaranteed 100% attach rate whereas as of March 20th, the PS4 camera had a mere 15% attach rate and thats with more PS4s existing in the consumer market than Xbox One's.

This will inevitably lead to maybe half a dozen PS4 games that even utilize the "optional" accessory, thus the camera will be left being nothing more than an inferior user profile streaming device when compared to the Kinect.
#28Master AlienPosted 4/18/2014 2:11:13 PM
AtomicMenace posted...
joeskeletor posted...
AtomicMenace posted...

There are pros and cons to forcing unity via hardware. The fact that everyone already has a Kinect would allow a Kinect game (that is well designed) to be made and enjoyed without the need for extraneous purchasing. This is seen as quite beneficial in the eyes of developers as it is much easier to get someone to spend X instead of X+Y in an effort to sell X. Kinect has a guaranteed 100% attach rate whereas as of March 20th, the PS4 camera had a mere 15% attach rate and thats with more PS4s existing in the consumer market than Xbox One's.

This will inevitably lead to maybe half a dozen PS4 games that even utilize the "optional" accessory, thus the camera will be left being nothing more than an inferior user profile streaming device when compared to the Kinect.

You sure are good at spewing wordy bs. I don't know why you bring up the ps4 camera when its well known the demand well exceeded the supply even to Sony's suprise. And again where are these attach rate numbers you claim?
#29LilRoss2k3Posted 4/18/2014 2:33:56 PM
it's truly a funny thing that sony created demand for their camera without even trying...once i saw how nice, easy, and convenient streaming was on the system i went on a hunt to find one and it took a month until i happened to see one sitting in a local kmart. you also get some basic voice command funtionality and facial recognition which is more than i expected. kinect being forced on people was not cool...most hardcore gamers still see cameras as gimmicks for lame gaming experiences or dancing games. the hardware is weaker, the price is higher, the initial DRM, the horrible PR...they killed themselves.
---
PSN ID-SouthShallRise
youtube.com/user/lilross2k6
#30AtomicMenacePosted 4/18/2014 2:45:52 PM
Master Alien posted...
AtomicMenace posted...
joeskeletor posted...
AtomicMenace posted...

You sure are good at spewing wordy bs. I don't know why you bring up the ps4 camera when its well known the demand well exceeded the supply even to Sony's suprise. And again where are these attach rate numbers you claim?

I would be surprised too if 15% of my consumers actually bought the Playstation camera as abysmal as its quality is. The reason the camera was even brought up was in response to another user's post. The mathematics of the attach rate are grade school. Which source would you want? Japan? U.S.? World? Simply using Google will result in the showing of a number of these, albeit dated by a few weeks due to Sony keeping mum on exact total software numbers.

Let's start with Japan. Numerous articles are citing abysmal sales in terms of software related to the PS4 in Japan with some stores reporting 70% of consumers NOT buying ANY games with their system while others are reporting that only a mere 46% left with a single game to play on their new console. (http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/24/ps4-japanese-stores-report-strong-sales-but-weak-attach-rate-for-games/)

Similar trends are easy to see in other places such as the U.S. with Xbox One exclusives taking first place every single time in the software since December, this of course is due to a drastically higher variety in gaming exclusives. Other reports indicate that PS4 now has a 2.31 attach rate due to the release of inFamous: Second Son, though reports regarding this cannot be confirmed due to Sony not releasing total software sales.

I'm sorry you seem to think fact is BS but here is another fact - you defensive fanboy:

https://twitter.com/JacobSmith/status/457273577931153408/photo/1

I'm no fanboy! Just a factual kinda guy.