why is the xbone selling less than half what the ps4 is selling?

#31Master AlienPosted 4/18/2014 2:19:27 PM(edited)
again where are these game attach rate numbers you claim because i can easily find some to back my claim that they are at 2.9
http://bgr.com/2014/04/17/sony-ps4-sales-7-million/

the thing about press releases are sony cant lie about numbers such as saying 7 million units sold and 20.5 million software sales or that would be misleading the investors which is highly illegal. and what is 20.5/7 ? 2.92...

Edit: Since we were in agreement on the ps4 attach rate, where are you getting that the xb1 is not at 2.9 also, is what im asking for.

Edit2: http://news.xbox.com/2014/04/xbox-one-march-npd XB1 attach rate @ 2.9 maybe a little less time trying to be witty and a little more time looking up your information...
#32skermacPosted 4/18/2014 2:53:34 PM
I think the main reason the PS4 is selling more is there are hardly any exclusives out yet.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#33rpgianPosted 4/18/2014 3:02:15 PM
They lost the popularity contest before they even started with a premature drm facial for us unwilling gals and then on top of that lost the price war. So unless and until they lock onto a herd of exclusives or start eating the difference in console price I don't think that will change.
#34AtomicMenacePosted 4/18/2014 3:05:00 PM
Master Alien posted...
again where are these game attach rate numbers you claim because i can easily find some to back my claim that they are at 2.9

the thing about press releases are sony cant lie about numbers such as saying 7 million units sold and 20.5 million software sales or that would be misleading the investors which is highly illegal. and what is 20.5/7 ? 2.92...

Edit: Since we were in agreement on the ps4 attach rate, where are you getting that the xb1 is not at 2.9 also, is what im asking for.

Edit2: http://news.xbox.com/2014/04/xbox-one-march-npd XB1 attach rate @ 2.9 maybe a little less time trying to be witty and a little more time looking up your information...

You don't have to believe the information. You can be butt-hurt all you want. Doesn't change the fact that Sony is in dire financial straits when compared to Microsoft. Nintendo has more money than Sony at this point. The games are lacking on Sony's front and you don't even have to go to the internet to see this - you can see it live in gamers' eyes. All of this arguing and bickering because you demand self-justification is truly frightening. I'm guessing you were born in the 90's. I have all the systems and frankly don't have to defend any. Meh. I'll buy them all. Regardless of what some troll on a forum tends to think.
#35Master AlienPosted 4/18/2014 3:13:03 PM
AtomicMenace posted...
Master Alien posted...

You don't have to believe the information. You can be butt-hurt all you want. Doesn't change the fact that Sony is in dire financial straits when compared to Microsoft. Nintendo has more money than Sony at this point. The games are lacking on Sony's front and you don't even have to go to the internet to see this - you can see it live in gamers' eyes. All of this arguing and bickering because you demand self-justification is truly frightening. I'm guessing you were born in the 90's. I have all the systems and frankly don't have to defend any. Meh. I'll buy them all. Regardless of what some troll on a forum tends to think.

backtracking and changing the subject...typical i am wrong but wont admit it guy. all i asked for was proof of your numbers because all i had seen were otherwise and you get all long winded and super defensive. im not asking you to defend any system, im asking you to defend what you are posting. that is two different things. just admit you bsed your entire original post (which is obvious at this point) and thatll be that. if you want to show me info otherwise relating to game attach rates, i will gladly admit that im wrong. i dont see why you cant show me the same courtesy.
#36billOrileyPosted 4/18/2014 3:17:38 PM
the reason why ps4 is outselling the xbone is simple

cheaper price
no mandatory kinnect
superior hardware
superior multiplat
sony has a history of providing more support and exclusives throughout a system's life cycle.

on top of that the xbone had that whole drm fiasco
insulting their hardcore gamer base calling them sweaty 30 year old that wears metallica t shirt.
#37AtomicMenacePosted 4/18/2014 3:26:15 PM
Master Alien posted...
AtomicMenace posted...
Master Alien posted...

backtracking and changing the subject...typical i am wrong but wont admit it guy. all i asked for was proof of your numbers because all i had seen were otherwise and you get all long winded and super defensive. im not asking you to defend any system, im asking you to defend what you are posting. that is two different things. just admit you bsed your entire original post (which is obvious at this point) and thatll be that. if you want to show me info otherwise relating to game attach rates, i will gladly admit that im wrong. i dont see why you cant show me the same courtesy.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not a keyboard knight. I don't have a folder littered with resources that are constantly saved and added to for possible situation. I am merely a man of common sense who has a love for gaming and I will regurgitate information I have seen/read/heard. The fact that Xbox One has a higher attach rate is there, you will just have to look for it. If I find myself bored later I will attempt to find it as it was a fairly recent news article which was sourced via a gaming commentator. The fact that someone takes such personal offense to this is by far the most hilarious time I've had on these forums so far. So kudos to you good sir. I have had quite the laugh and many a beer while enjoying this. Now go play some of your amazing Basement Crawl while I regenerate in Titanfall. :D

If you care to discuss games and gaming culture instead of getting hung up on semantics (I'm assuming you don't work for a legal department or copyright office as your punctuation is very horrific) I will be open for discussion. Otherwise I will leave you in your eternal binding to these forums, constantly arguing but never posting anything creative.

Topic #1. What does your PS4 library look like and what are your top 5 games?

other

/ignored.
#38Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/18/2014 3:27:53 PM
AtomicMenace posted...
If you have a 12 gallon barrel of water and a 50 gallon barrel of water, both with holes in them - which one bleeds dry first?

depends on the size and amount of holes
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#39Master AlienPosted 4/18/2014 3:29:28 PM
You keep saying the xbox has a higher attach rate yet the link i provided is from microsofts website...
#40kyncaniPosted 4/18/2014 3:35:59 PM
billOriley posted...
the reason why ps4 is outselling the xbone is simple

cheaper price
no mandatory kinnect
superior hardware
superior multiplat
sony has a history of providing more support and exclusives throughout a system's life cycle.

on top of that the xbone had that whole drm fiasco
insulting their hardcore gamer base calling them sweaty 30 year old that wears metallica t shirt.

So many reasons ... It's completely impossible for Microsoft to turn everything around.