Knowing Ubisoft they'll try to turn Watchdogs into a cashcow just like AC series

#1darealest47Posted 4/18/2014 12:20:54 PM(edited)
Assassin's Creed or Pirate's Creed is now a bastardized franchise or perhaps it has been a bastardized franchise for awhile now. The last great AC was ACII. I wonder if the same thing is going to happen with Watchdogs. What do you think? With this being a Ubisoft game it really makes me lose a lot of hype for this game knowing it'll most likely be a typical DLC-sequel-after sequel galore.
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#2MonicasBackPosted 4/18/2014 12:19:16 PM
Ac4 was the first thing ubisoft has done right in years.
---
Monicaaa
#3joeskeletorPosted 4/18/2014 12:21:29 PM
Why does it gotta be ubisoft its every big name publisher EA, Activision, MS, Sony, Nintendo at least ubisoft makes new games like watchdogs the rest just pump out same ol same ols and thats it.
---
PS4: Irskeletor / XB1: JoeSkeletor / WiiU: Deadskelton
#4fuzzykuffsPosted 4/18/2014 12:22:40 PM
MonicasBack posted...

Agreed. The Jackdaw was an awesome addition.
#5joeskeletorPosted 4/18/2014 12:23:58 PM
MonicasBack posted...

Rayman was the first thing they did right in years and yes AC4 was awesome outside of making the templars whole existence in the past about becoming an entertainment company.
---
PS4: Irskeletor / XB1: JoeSkeletor / WiiU: Deadskelton
#6darealest47(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2014 12:24:15 PM
MonicasBack posted...

You think so? I personally think it was just rubbing salt in the wounds for the initial fans of the series.
It clearly wasn't assassin's creed anymore.
---
#7Joey-ZazaPosted 4/18/2014 12:26:05 PM(edited)
Why would you lose hype for a game because it may have potential cash grab sequels?

That's like getting upset on a Friday afternoon because in 2 days it'll be Sunday.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#8darealest47(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2014 12:35:02 PM
Joey-Zaza posted...
Why would you lose hype for a game because it may have potential cash grab sequels?

That's like getting upset on a Friday afternoon because in 2 days it'll be Sunday.

That's not a good argument. Not at all. As they keep cashing in on the game the quality of the series deteriorates and you're essentially spitting in the face of the fans who made the game a success in the first place. Reason why some rare games manages to still manages to be a success is because developers cater to that specific audience and the word catches out on its own for other people to try it out. Good example would be the way FromSoftware handles their games.

I don't want Watchdogs to go the same direction other bastardized franchises went like Resident Evil, Dead Space, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, and so on.
---
#9Exodus_PrimePosted 4/18/2014 12:35:53 PM
Am I the only who doesn't have Watch Dogs in their radar?
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#10aszsithPosted 4/18/2014 12:37:24 PM
How dare a company attempt to make profit off of a popular product they produce!
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.