GAH, Why no real figures Microsoft???

#11PoloMan6Posted 4/18/2014 5:20:07 PM
How many shares of MS do you own TC?
#12Master AlienPosted 4/18/2014 5:30:58 PM
ExempliGratia posted...
spacejamjordanz posted...
squarex8264 posted...
Probably same reason Sony didn't list how many PS4s it sold in the March NPD. Better to just say "more".

PS4 is estimated to have sold around 370k

See the key word there?

All total console/video game sales figures are estimated to some degree though. The thing that keeps companies honest is its illegal to lead investors with bad information
#13darkphiresagePosted 4/18/2014 5:32:20 PM
CaIiber345 posted...
Outside of company employees who actually stand to make money off of successful sales figures, only fanboys and people who need reassurance about their purchase want sales numbers.

Posts like this are just silly. After watching the vita and wii u, I'd think anyone with a functional brain would be able to tell why so many gamers care about how much their system of choice sells. (Well, maybe not the wii u. Ninty has problems wooing 3rd parties on home consoles even with massive sales. But I think that's a hardware issue.)

Anyway, it's not so bad right now. The number of consoles sold between the two still don't matter enough for most devs to pass one over for another unless it's a small dev with only enough resources to release on one console. But if one reaches the 20 mill mark while the other is still hovering around 10, s*** may start to get real.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#14pearl arowanaPosted 4/18/2014 6:24:12 PM
Iemander posted...
First, No actual figures of total sales Titanfall, just "top of the chart", which means absolutely nothing.

Second, what's with this shipped number. Sony released SOLD number, not shipped. We need something to compare with Microsoft!!!

Seems to me they want to avoid any direct comparisons at all cost, which makes them look even more fishy. pfff. I love my Xbox One, but **** like this just pisses me off. Where's this promise of open communication Microsoft.

Because it is embarrassing to them to reveal the real number. Even shipped number is kind of meh. Lol
---
OMG that the best cringed ever!!
ROFL
#15RaRitsujunPosted 4/18/2014 6:50:19 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#16Lawboy2Posted 4/18/2014 6:51:57 PM
I-Love-Pumpkins posted...
Iemander posted...
Second, what's with this shipped number. Sony released SOLD number, not shipped. We need something to compare with Microsoft!!!

The SOLD vs SHIPPED number helps confuse their financials until the end of the fiscal year and keep investors somewhat snowed or in the dark about the true state of the Xbox Division profits. Simple as that really. It also helps with Public Relations when the competition is doing markedly better with actual units sold to end users and not just sitting on retail shelves.

this is an idiotic post...I guess ppl don't relized that the shipped consoles are paid for already just not by consumers
#17StrongBlackVinePosted 4/18/2014 7:13:09 PM
Lawboy2 posted...
I-Love-Pumpkins posted...
Iemander posted...

The SOLD vs SHIPPED number helps confuse their financials until the end of the fiscal year and keep investors somewhat snowed or in the dark about the true state of the Xbox Division profits. Simple as that really. It also helps with Public Relations when the competition is doing markedly better with actual units sold to end users and not just sitting on retail shelves.

this is an idiotic post...I guess ppl don't relized that the shipped consoles are paid for already just not by consumers

You are not a law because you are not very intelligent. I actually have a law degree. Anyway, Microsoft shipped numbers are pathetic because based on the that press release they PS4 has sold 1 million in the last month while 1.1 million is all that Microsoft has shipped for 2014. It is an ass kicking at this point.
#18poyfelipPosted 4/18/2014 8:01:17 PM
lawboy2
What does it matter if MS got paid for the 5 mil if not all 5 mil are not in consumers hands. Just look at the recent history of the 360/PS3 gen the more one console was in peoples hands the more support it has from devs. Its too early to tell what will happen with the ONE/PS4 but shipped to retail does not sound as good at sold through to consumers. I really want both to succeed as we as gamers will benefit from that success.
---
2122-6803-4219
#19kyncaniPosted 4/18/2014 8:04:16 PM
dnmt posted...
It seems that literally any direct comparison makes the Xbone look bad so MS just doesn't do them anymore.

Direct comparisons *with*the*PS4* make the Xbox One look bad.

You can still compare it to last gen consoles, to a very limited extent.
#20billOrileyPosted 4/18/2014 8:05:34 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]