GAH, Why no real figures Microsoft???

#21PrinceMedionPosted 4/18/2014 9:06:25 PM
X1 Ships 5 million to retailers, sold is unknown (and hidden by MS). *sighs* Microsoft hiding what the actual sales numbers are does nothing but make it look like you have no faith in your own damn system. Mention the sales numbers then mention the shipped numbers, then go on to talk about how Titanfall was the best selling game of the month with a majority of the sales on X1. Hiding what the system is actually selling and only releasing the shipped numbers makes you look weak and makes the X1 look weak. Even if its at 3.5 million (half of what PS4 is currently at) then that is still good if not great. Stand by your product and be proud of it regardless of the sales. How can you expect your fanbase and anyone who is thinking about buying one feel confident in the product if you as a company clearly aren't.
---
3DS FC 0731-4747-6981 PM me if you add me.
#22pearl arowanaPosted 4/18/2014 9:14:33 PM
Xbox sold less than 5 mill. No wonder i still see day one xbone around for sale. It so rofl.
---
OMG that the best cringed ever!!
ROFL
#23aheroafakePosted 4/18/2014 9:17:05 PM
I think Microsoft has been silent about announcing stuff about Xbox One because the console has been under-performing.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#2495_EclipsePosted 4/18/2014 10:45:59 PM
CaIiber345 posted...
Outside of company employees who actually stand to make money off of successful sales figures, only fanboys and people who need reassurance about their purchase want sales numbers.

This is actually false. Any intelligent consumer would care, since it could directly effect the support of their console.

If you think otherwise, you should go talk to Nintendo. Sales numbers ARE important. Anyone who says otherwise is an outright fool. Now, aside from that, as long as MS can maintain sales rates and not drop off, they should have enough sales for plenty of continued support. Though console specific content will likely be much, much lower than it was on the 360 vs PS3.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#25aheroafakePosted 4/18/2014 10:48:57 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
CaIiber345 posted...
Outside of company employees who actually stand to make money off of successful sales figures, only fanboys and people who need reassurance about their purchase want sales numbers.

This is actually false. Any intelligent consumer would care, since it could directly effect the support of their console.

If you think otherwise, you should go talk to Nintendo. Sales numbers ARE important. Anyone who says otherwise is an outright fool. Now, aside from that, as long as MS can maintain sales rates and not drop off, they should have enough sales for plenty of continued support. Though console specific content will likely be much, much lower than it was on the 360 vs PS3.

---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#26Spetsnaz420Posted 4/19/2014 1:32:42 AM
I-Love-Pumpkins posted...
Iemander posted...
Second, what's with this shipped number. Sony released SOLD number, not shipped. We need something to compare with Microsoft!!!

The SOLD vs SHIPPED number helps confuse their financials until the end of the fiscal year and keep investors somewhat snowed or in the dark about the true state of the Xbox Division profits. Simple as that really. It also helps with Public Relations when the competition is doing markedly better with actual units sold to end users and not just sitting on retail shelves.

I think the retailers actually buy the consoles from MS to sell to us... Otherwise stores wouldn't be able to have sales like they did last month to move unsold product.

So shipped in a round about way is in fact sold. It's misleading to the consumer but to stock holders perhaps not so much
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#27Apex-PlayerPosted 4/19/2014 1:44:21 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
I-Love-Pumpkins posted...
Iemander posted...
Second, what's with this shipped number. Sony released SOLD number, not shipped. We need something to compare with Microsoft!!!

The SOLD vs SHIPPED number helps confuse their financials until the end of the fiscal year and keep investors somewhat snowed or in the dark about the true state of the Xbox Division profits. Simple as that really. It also helps with Public Relations when the competition is doing markedly better with actual units sold to end users and not just sitting on retail shelves.

I think the retailers actually buy the consoles from MS to sell to us... Otherwise stores wouldn't be able to have sales like they did last month to move unsold product.

So shipped in a round about way is in fact sold. It's misleading to the consumer but to stock holders perhaps not so much

Except retailers don't order more if they can't sell the ones they have.
You can also bank on the fact that they will not pay the same price for the next shipment if they needed to slash prices on the first shipments.

So once stores stop ordering, 5mil shipped stays 5mil shipped.
Retailers who paid MS asking price, then needed to cut prices taking a loss,
will want any future shipments for far less then the original price.

So really, it's a lose lose situation for MS.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#28SoulTrapperPosted 4/19/2014 1:51:30 AM
They'll probably give actual numbers at the upcoming investor call, which is on April 24.
#29Cowboy082288Posted 4/19/2014 1:53:44 AM
PoloMan6 posted...
How many shares of MS do you own TC?

He/She owns none. Just like 99% of the people on this and other gfaqs boards they own 0 stock and probably don't even know how to buy stock. They love to talk endlessly but put no money in to back it up. As someone who actually does own stock I would say that MS is a much better investment than sony. Though I don't actually have investments in either. Tech stuff is just to confusing and for me unpredictable :)
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#30TenzhiPosted 4/19/2014 2:02:25 AM
Apex-Player posted...
Retailers who paid MS asking price, then needed to cut prices taking a loss,
will want any future shipments for far less then the original price.

As far as I've seen, retailers have yet to cut prices far enough to take a loss.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.