What upcoming games on X1 this year can boost sales over PS4?

#1dolablaPosted 4/18/2014 5:38:42 PM(edited)
Call of Duty? Destiny? Next month I can't see it with MLB The Show and Watch Dogs (Ubi is advertising the heck out of it for PS4) coming out on PS4.
#2Master AlienPosted 4/18/2014 5:39:10 PM
price
#3CharadeSmithPosted 4/18/2014 5:42:13 PM
Why would cod and destiny do that? They are going to be better on PS4
---
Do you even dude, bro?
#4dolabla(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2014 5:44:42 PM
CharadeSmith posted...

Well, scratch Destiny off. Just read this: http://www.psu.com//a023063/Destiny-demand-higher-than-Watch-Dogs-as-US-preorder-chart-shows-PS4-dominating

I would say because Destiny is being made by Bungie, but nevermind.

Call of Duty has historically sold more on Xbox platforms. Maybe Microsoft comes out with a bundle?
#5bgwilly255Posted 4/18/2014 5:46:35 PM
Why does it matter to you which is selling more?
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.
#6LovecraftiangodPosted 4/18/2014 5:47:42 PM
Nothing is going to help the xbone catch up this year. Is tall multiplatform will be better on ps4 and is there even another exclusive coming out this year?
---
PSN kolobos212 The time has come when the normal revolt against time,space, and matter H.P. Lovecraft
#7CharadeSmithPosted 4/18/2014 5:49:04 PM
dolabla posted...
CharadeSmith posted...

Call of Duty has historically sold more on Xbox platforms. Maybe Microsoft comes out with a bundle?

1 - ghosts sold more on ps4 than xb1
2 - you're talking about moving hardware; that implies buying a system because of that game. If COD is better on ps4, then it is going to move more ps4s than XB1s.

There is no 2014 game that can do it. MS has to wait until Halo 5 in 2015.
---
Do you even dude, bro?
#8dolabla(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2014 5:57:05 PM
CharadeSmith posted...
dolabla posted...
CharadeSmith posted...

2 - you're talking about moving hardware; that implies buying a system because of that game. If COD is better on ps4, then it is going to move more ps4s than XB1s.

Not saying I don't agree. I'm definitely leaning the way you think; especially with after what happened yesterday with the PS4 outselling the X1 with Titanfall. I just wanted to get other peoples opinions on if they think it will/can happen.
#9flame030191Posted 4/18/2014 5:59:09 PM
CharadeSmith posted...
dolabla posted...
CharadeSmith posted...

Unless the rumors for Halo 2 Remake are true. If it is true and lives up the name very well, people may give it more attention considering it's widely accepted to be the best of the series and the upset MS caused by shutting down the servers.

Also if Star Wars: Battlefront has exclusive X1 content or is shown to be better on the X1, then the X1 can probably pull in some good numbers.
---
PSN: armyflame XBL: That Guy Flame
My gaming setup: http://imgur.com/1vV0VK1 Proud to be a God of War fan. http://imgur.com/APaWnBD http://imgur.com/v1m4dbD
#10ScaryLlamaPosted 4/18/2014 8:13:13 PM
flame030191 posted...
CharadeSmith posted...
dolabla posted...
CharadeSmith posted...

Unless the rumors for Halo 2 Remake are true. If it is true and lives up the name very well, people may give it more attention considering it's widely accepted to be the best of the series and the upset MS caused by shutting down the servers.

Also if Star Wars: Battlefront has exclusive X1 content or is shown to be better on the X1, then the X1 can probably pull in some good numbers.

Exclusive content historically goes to the higher install base. EA shot themselves in the foot with Titanfall, I don't think they'll want to do that with a reboot of a classic IP.

And in what way could it possibly be better on the X1? Serious question. Unless there is some serious developer tampering, it's impossible for a game to preform better on a weaker system.
---
PSN/Steam: ScaryLlama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCrM1_7wnDU