Please help. Just bought xbox one and hooked it up for first time...

#1Va1onPosted 4/18/2014 8:15:37 PM
It wont update whatsoever. There was a problem with the update it keeps telling me. I am pretty tech savy so i reset my router, i have a wired connection, i have tries both wired and wireless and the system wont update. Not happy right now. Anyone else experience this? I shut my xbox down and restarted, still wont work. Did i get a defective system?
#2Va1on(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2014 8:30:24 PM
Anyone?
#3Lawboy2Posted 4/18/2014 8:32:17 PM
how do you know it didn't update...the new updates...update without you having to do anything
#4Va1on(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2014 8:36:36 PM
Lawboy2 posted...
how do you know it didn't update...the new updates...update without you having to do anything

I just unboxed the console for the first time and finished hooking everything up. It wont update. It keeps giving me system update error. Im very disappointed right now.
#5Lawboy2Posted 4/18/2014 8:40:12 PM
Va1on posted...
Lawboy2 posted...

I just unboxed the console for the first time and finished hooking everything up. It wont update. It keeps giving me system update error. Im very disappointed right now.

U should be because from what I REMEBER and what occurs now..it just automatically updates...have u tried to play any games
#6lunaticcorePosted 4/18/2014 8:45:44 PM
It is pulling down an update from Microsoft online. Something is wrong on their end right now.

So you just gotta wait.

"If you are having trouble signing in to Xbox Live after updating your new Xbox One console, don't worry! Our team is working on a fix for the issue right now. Thanks for being patient during this time, and please check here in 30 minutes for an update on our progress."
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#7Va1on(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2014 8:49:36 PM
lunaticcore posted...
It is pulling down an update from Microsoft online. Something is wrong on their end right now.

So you just gotta wait.

"If you are having trouble signing in to Xbox Live after updating your new Xbox One console, don't worry! Our team is working on a fix for the issue right now. Thanks for being patient during this time, and please check here in 30 minutes for an update on our progress."

I hope your right because if not, first thing in the am, im heading back to best buy and returning it.
#8raddicussPosted 4/18/2014 9:07:01 PM
You can't play it out of the box!?!?
---
Everyday's great at your Junes.
PSN: Raddicuss
#9Va1on(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2014 9:17:06 PM
raddicuss posted...
You can't play it out of the box!?!?

Yes thats correct.
#10aheroafakePosted 4/18/2014 9:18:20 PM
Va1on posted...
raddicuss posted...