Has MS recently made an excellent decision regarding cross play?

#1Spetsnaz420Posted 4/19/2014 3:43:47 AM
According to an article a came across it seems MSs stance on cross play games may be changing for the better.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-won-t-allow-xbox-one-pc-cross-platform-play-says-war-thunder-dev/1100-6418587/

Guys this is awesome news no? Sure it seems they have work to do still but this sounds fantastic for any xbox owners out there who enjoy a good MMO. Hopefully this will happen for upcoming games like ESO... and possibly even help secure other MMOs that would have skipped the X1 otherwise.

Discuss.
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#2Jedi454Posted 4/19/2014 3:45:29 AM
Smoke em' if you got em'.
---
Get Good Kid.
#3Tyronelio1Posted 4/19/2014 3:45:45 AM
It would be cool to not just be with pc, I'd like to verse ps gamers too, then people just literally make the console war a reality lol.
---
The Lego video game franchise by Traveller's Tales is the greatest video game franchise of all time.
I once watch my sim burn to death with the speed on slow.
#4Spetsnaz420(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2014 3:50:44 AM
I actually thought there might have been elitism between PC and PS4 gamers on FFXIV but so far everyone is cool playing together as long as you do your classes job properly.

I'm hoping the kind of gamer who would be playing in that environment will be above the console war when gaming... When we are actually gaming we are all the same.
---
#5PominAusPosted 4/19/2014 3:53:40 AM
Whilst I would like to play some of these MMO's that won't launch for X1 whilst MS has its current view on cross platform play, I'm not particularly keen on getting owned by Kb/M PC players. I would have thought in a game like War Thunder pad users don't stand a chance against the master race.
#6Spetsnaz420(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2014 3:58:20 AM
This policy kept FFXIV off MSs platform... Hopefully this means you guys get to enjoy it as well... Seriously it's a great game and gamers should be enjoying it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/09/why-final-fantasy-xiv-isnt-coming-to-xbox-360-or-xbox-one
---
#7AceviperPosted 4/19/2014 4:00:45 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
This policy kept FFXIV off MSs platform... Hopefully this means you guys get to enjoy it as well... Seriously it's a great game and gamers should be enjoying it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/09/why-final-fantasy-xiv-isnt-coming-to-xbox-360-or-xbox-one

doesn't seem likely since your article only says they are looking into allowing PC

If they don't allow PS3/4, its not going to happen
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#8Spetsnaz420(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2014 4:06:59 AM
Aceviper posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...

doesn't seem likely since your article only says they are looking into allowing PC

If they don't allow PS3/4, its not going to happen

Let's hope that's not the case... Since PS has been getting MMOs from the beginning with cross play and supposedly Sony is easier (currently) to work with in this regard, it would mean we would probably be in the same boat with games like 14.

Im staying optimistic that MS will make the right decision for the consumer in this case. As gamers it's what we should want
---
#9RockguyKevPosted 4/19/2014 6:51:04 AM
Saying FFXIV is a great game is an awful lie to play on humanity. I couldn't even get interested during the free beta.

I am not a fan of crossplay since there isn't any real crosschat yet. Playing online without communication is absolutely stupid. With MMOs there's some sense to it since you often have keyboard chat but with anything else, forget it.
#10Viet0nePosted 4/19/2014 7:49:51 AM
RockguyKev posted...
Saying FFXIV is a great game is an awful lie to play on humanity. I couldn't even get interested during the free beta.

I am not a fan of crossplay since there isn't any real crosschat yet. Playing online without communication is absolutely stupid. With MMOs there's some sense to it since you often have keyboard chat but with anything else, forget it.

More people enjoy FFXIV than Titanfall. I guess people saying Titanfall is a good game is a lie as well.
---
Currently Playing: FFXIV ARR, FFXHD, Spelunky, Infamous SS
PSN/XBL : VietOne