Has MS recently made an excellent decision regarding cross play?

#21Spetsnaz420(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2014 9:47:35 PM
SubSeenix posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
I actually thought there might have been elitism between PC and PS4 gamers on FFXIV but so far everyone is cool playing together as long as you do your classes job properly.

I'm hoping the kind of gamer who would be playing in that environment will be above the console war when gaming... When we are actually gaming we are all the same.

FFXIV is heavily designed around for the console
Its by no mean a hardcore MMORPG but it is good at what it does.
Cause of the way the game is designed there never won't be a gap between Console and PC People.
Same goes for ESO - Its even more Casual

Enable a game to do this with Rated Battlegrounds and other things where you have a possible huge gap between MIN < - > Max and people wouldn't be so happy if someone isn't playing on the wished for level of possibility wich only can be achieved on PC.
Then people would get angry if the person on console isn't performing as he could be.

I would agree as a general rule so far any MMO available on console isn't as hard core as the original Everquest for example. But that doesn't HAVE to be the way it is. Consoles typically allow for KBM use, therefore theoretically any console player would have all the advantages of a PC MMO on their console.

So I ask... Do you want to see an end to the current cross play policies?
---
Searching for my long lost twin, is this you?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#22Reece504Posted 4/22/2014 9:51:51 PM
I wish I could play titanfall against my 360 friends I have a x1 why not do cross play like that ? Or have it do I can chat with them in a party.
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#23phillyeagleflysPosted 4/23/2014 9:46:50 AM
Reece504 posted...
I wish I could play titanfall against my 360 friends I have a x1 why not do cross play like that ? Or have it do I can chat with them in a party.

Chat would be very unlikely. The xb1 uses a skype client, while the 360 uses something else. They aren't compatible. But audio quality in chat has drastically improved on the xb1
---
XBL maniacmatt1782, PSN ManiacMatt1782,
Youtube ManiacMatt1782