Will Destiny live up to the hype?

#51Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2014 11:38:36 PM
MajinGoo posted...
No, it's a Borderlands clone. People who like those repetitive games will still probably like Destiny but overall it will be mediocre.

wot?!
---
Get Good Kid.
#52cmincPosted 4/19/2014 11:52:13 PM
The thing thats always tickled me about bungie is that EVERYONE has that one bungie game that they love and that other bungie game that they hate...and each game tied to either extreme is different depending on who youre talking to. To me, there is no greater feat a modern developer can reach. Where quality, variety and risk are concerned, it's them, rockstar and valve. And, then, miles and miles later, everyone else.

Having said all that, i'm confident in two things. The first is that destiny will be awesome. The second is that 25% of the people that buy it will hate it because it's not halo with capes.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | RS Challenger Case |
#53Bobsy84Posted 4/20/2014 1:30:05 AM
If they can make it like borderlands but with far better shooting mechanics then im sold! To me the enemies in borderlands didnt seem to react much to been shot at and the guns didnt feel weighty enough, was still fun game tho especially borderlands 2
#54AceviperPosted 4/20/2014 1:32:37 AM
It doesn't have tons of artificial hype

so sure, it could possibly live up to it
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#55MADVILLAIN_MPosted 4/20/2014 1:32:50 AM
jairusmonillas posted...
I assume it will be better than Titanfall.

It won't flop cause its available on both platforms. There will be less haters for it.

---
Just a simple man who wants to talk about games.
#56MADVILLAIN_MPosted 4/20/2014 1:38:09 AM
This game will be so hyped up because it will be released on PS4 and Xbox One.. Will probably be hyped up more than Titanfall. For that reason it will not live up to the hype.

But I think it will be a good game.
---
Just a simple man who wants to talk about games.
#57crucialPosted 4/20/2014 3:41:45 PM
Bungie has always been hit or miss with me,hated the first Halo loved Halo 2 and hated Halo 3,loved Reach but hated Halo 4 besides the SP game the mp was horrible and forgettable,but this is what Bungie has wanted to make all a long even when at MS they wanted to venture to something else while MS just wanted them to churn out Halo's is the reason of the departure,with all that said I think it could win GotY.
#58chubbychaserPosted 4/20/2014 4:26:54 PM
Laylow12 posted...
On the PS4 yes but the compromises the XBOX ONE will make in graphics, no.

PS4 might have the best console version due to its superior hardware but xbone version, like usual, is acceptable.
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE
#59ComradeRyanPosted 4/20/2014 7:53:24 PM
Destiny is my 2014 GOTY prediction.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#60orestes1981Posted 4/20/2014 10:27:51 PM
Jedi454 posted...
It could go either way.

On the PS4, yes.

Xbox One? Maybe, if it is not too gimped.
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher