If its true that DX12 update will double the XB1 graphics and performance

#101Sin_Angelus_Posted 4/25/2014 10:29:51 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
No, because again, you were making the idiotic claim that DX12 would upgrade xbox hardware to help it "close the gap" with the ps4.

First of all, the fact that you have to make childish insults shows that you're taking this way too personally. Grown-ups argue without having to resort to such things. You'd be wise to keep that nonsense to yourself in the future, if you want to be taken seriously.

Secondly, please explain how a boost in graphics, resolution, and frame rate will not help close the gap. And before you bring up Mantle again no, it isn't the same thing. The gap between multi-plats is already starting to become non-existent as devs get more used to X1 architecture:

http://gamingbolt.com/murdered-soul-suspect-dev-faced-no-hurdles-from-xbox-ones-esram-runs-at-1080p30fps

But wait, ESRAM is the worst thing ever because you wrote an essay saying it is, right? Nope, try again. We're grateful for your enlightened opinion on the matter, but I'd rather believe the developers actually working on both consoles:

http://gamingbolt.com/xbox-one-esram-readily-available-for-any-purpose-smooths-out-optimization-dying-light-tech-director

Microsoft explains it's potential (which, despite being biased, is still more valuable than some guy on a message board):

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/04/microsoft-explains-why-the-xbox-ones-esram-is-a-huge-win-and-helps-reaching-1080p60-fps/

And another third-party explaining the potential of ESRAM, since I'm sure you'll disregard the MS article:

http://gamingbolt.com/why-xbox-ones-esram-feels-limited-despite-potential-to-store-6gb-of-tiled-textures-using-dx-11-2

So the ESRAM isn't as bad as you're making it out to be, and the gap will continue to close. Will it ever be closed completely? Probably not, but who cares? It's already pretty insignificant for most multi-plats, and Ryse is still the best looking game on either console.
#102SoulTrapperPosted 4/25/2014 11:03:12 PM(edited)
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
No, because again, you were making the idiotic claim that DX12 would upgrade xbox hardware to help it "close the gap" with the ps4.

First of all, the fact that you have to make childish insults shows that you're taking this way too personally. Grown-ups argue without having to resort to such things. You'd be wise to keep that nonsense to yourself in the future, if you want to be taken seriously.

Secondly, please explain how a boost in graphics, resolution, and frame rate will not help close the gap. And before you bring up Mantle again no, it isn't the same thing. The gap between multi-plats is already starting to become non-existent as devs get more used to X1 architecture:

http://gamingbolt.com/murdered-soul-suspect-dev-faced-no-hurdles-from-xbox-ones-esram-runs-at-1080p30fps

But wait, ESRAM is the worst thing ever because you wrote an essay saying it is, right? Nope, try again. We're grateful for your enlightened opinion on the matter, but I'd rather believe the developers actually working on both consoles:

http://gamingbolt.com/xbox-one-esram-readily-available-for-any-purpose-smooths-out-optimization-dying-light-tech-director

Microsoft explains it's potential (which, despite being biased, is still more valuable than some guy on a message board):

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/04/microsoft-explains-why-the-xbox-ones-esram-is-a-huge-win-and-helps-reaching-1080p60-fps/

And another third-party explaining the potential of ESRAM, since I'm sure you'll disregard the MS article:

http://gamingbolt.com/why-xbox-ones-esram-feels-limited-despite-potential-to-store-6gb-of-tiled-textures-using-dx-11-2

So the ESRAM isn't as bad as you're making it out to be, and the gap will continue to close. Will it ever be closed completely? Probably not, but who cares? It's already pretty insignificant for most multi-plats, and Ryse is still the best looking game on either console.

You've already posted those articles and I've already pointed out that they're not worth anything.

ďWe havenít played around with the eSRAM much yet. Currently, we use it for storing the zbuffer and shadowmaps.

Which means they're using the DDR3 ram for everything else, further backing up the point that the eSRAM is a pain to work with.

The second one is Microsoft themselves, so it's marketing BS.

And the last one is a blog and the guy is talking about how the edram worked for the 360, so the esram should work for the xbox one.

The problem is that the "essay" I posted earlier explains exactly why this isn't the case and why the esram is the biggest hardware issue (it's too small) and why that can't be changed with a new API or other software updates.

I don't take anything personally, but you repeating the same nonsense over and over, despite it being pointed out to you several times by several different people why it's wrong is simply idiotic.

Repeating mistakes won't suddenly make them correct.

So, again, try to actually address my previous post and point out where it is wrong, instead of posting the same meaningless links over and over.
You do actually know what you're talking about, right? Or are you just copying whatever some internet sites tell you?
#103lilj812Posted 4/25/2014 11:33:19 PM
Man.. he basically trapped his soul in this thread. Hence the name????
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#104ssjgohhkuPosted 4/27/2014 9:44:54 AM
wow
#105Sin_Angelus_Posted 4/27/2014 11:19:00 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
Which means they're using the DDR3 ram for everything else, further backing up the point that the eSRAM is a pain to work with.

Cherry picking, a true sign of desperation. I guess you missed the part where he said "Itís especially helpful because the memory is readily available for any purpose and unit: the CPU, the GPU, textures, render targets, etc. It really smoothes out the optimization process."

SoulTrapper posted...
The second one is Microsoft themselves, so it's marketing BS.

Ok. So that makes your post on ESRAM Sony-fan BS. I like how instead of actually responding to what was written in the article you just write it off. Another sign of desperation.

SoulTrapper posted...
And the last one is a blog and the guy is talking about how the edram worked for the 360, so the esram should work for the xbox one.

Which is still just as credible, if not more, than your opinion. But again, nice try dismissing my sources with no real basis or counter-argument.

SoulTrapper posted...
The problem is that the "essay" I posted earlier explains exactly why this isn't the case and why the esram is the biggest hardware issue (it's too small) and why that can't be changed with a new API or other software updates.

And the articles I posted explain why that "problem" will become less as devs get used to the architecture, like they did with 360, and are able to utilize other tools like DX12 and the cloud to help balance things out. It doesn't really matter whether you think they will work or not- the proof says otherwise. Your opinion matters very little in the grand scheme of things, especially when people who are working on these consoles are saying pretty much the opposite. It's fine to share your opinion on here, but be honest with yourself at the very least- you're not a developer, and you can't see into the future.

SoulTrapper posted...
You do actually know what you're talking about, right? Or are you just copying whatever some internet sites tell you?

Nope, it's called citing multiple sources, you should try it sometime. It's how intelligent people argue.
#106Sin_Angelus_Posted 4/27/2014 11:20:55 PM(edited)
SoulTrapper posted...
I don't take anything personally, but you repeating the same nonsense over and over, despite it being pointed out to you several times by several different people why it's wrong is simply idiotic.

You can continue to regurgitate that childishness all you want, you'll still be wrong. You posted your opinion on the ESRAM stuff- I posted proof from devs. That makes you wrong, and look all the more foolish by lashing out with name calling.

And there's no "several people" here, unless you want to be grouped with the other shills here who just agree with anything negative- there's just you, making petty insults and starting pointless debates on the board of a system you don't even own, anytime someone says something semi-positive. That's what makes it look like you're taking things personally, and that's why your opinion on matters like this will continue to look biased and be largely ignored. Every topic you enter is a confrontation. You don't come here for discussion, you come here to start arguments, like a petulant child with something to prove. Grow up, learn to argue without insulting, and maybe people will take you more seriously. In the meantime, I'm done your redundant arguments and lack of sources. You can call it a cop out if you want, but your opinion is so insignificant to me at this point you'd be wasting your energy to type that.
#107TrueBlue91Posted 4/27/2014 11:23:51 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#108macmahon187Posted 4/28/2014 5:53:04 AM
Can't wait to play watch dogs on the definitive platform known as pc. The downgrade for all these games from last e3 is shameful imho. It goes to show devs were expecting more out of both systems.
---
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!
#109bob15xPosted 4/28/2014 5:56:40 AM
macmahon187 posted...
Can't wait to play watch dogs on the definitive platform known as pc. The downgrade for all these games from last e3 is shameful imho. It goes to show devs were expecting more out of both systems.

What I see happening with DX12 is that the pc is going to blow so far past the consoles showing how weak the ps4 and xbox one really are
#110macmahon187Posted 4/28/2014 6:18:05 AM(edited)
bob15x posted...
macmahon187 posted...

What I see happening with DX12 is that the pc is going to blow so far past the consoles showing how weak the ps4 and xbox one really are

Well nvidia was talking about a 50% Or more increase with just software upgrades over the next couple of years. So realistically I'm thinking 30% at the most. I understand marketing bs so I don't cling to these things like my ego depends on it like so many people do.
---
Edit: this is for pc. I was on ati's D for along time til I upgraded to the 770. I'm glad I did.
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!