If its true that DX12 update will double the XB1 graphics and performance

#31FPS_hitmanPosted 4/20/2014 8:18:00 AM
So where back to these lies now as a desperate attempt to get people to care about the one ?
#32nb003_99Posted 4/20/2014 8:26:24 AM
Yes, 100% true.
Doubles the X1 power via download.
What was 720 is 1440.
Doubles performance without having to upgrade.
You even Cloud bro?
---
---"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
#33ElitePosted 4/20/2014 8:33:05 AM
It's absolutely shocking, the state of gaming and misinformation being thrown around.

If the majority of posters on here think that an API (DX12) is going to provide more than minimal a boost in graphic processing, you must either be too young to know what direct x is, or just be delusional.

Without newer hardware, the difference on Xbox one will be minimal.
#34ILikesCheesePosted 4/20/2014 8:46:11 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
Nobody knows exactly what it's going to do yet. Anyone saying otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about.

That sentiment is more than a bit countered by this rather obvious fact however:

Revival125 posted...
Jeez. Im sorry to burst your bubble I really am, but all consoles are just computers ok? Now, computers which don't have their parts upgraded, are not going to be significantly improved by software changes. It is just impossible. How much evidence do you want? When I downloaded direct x 11 on my PC, I wasn't able to magically play the best games at ultra.

---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#35kyncaniPosted 4/20/2014 8:49:18 AM
Lol.

After Kinect ! ( monumental failure )
The cloud (which is still laughing from up there )
Titanfall (which did all it could, props for trying )

Now we have : DX12 !

This whole Xbox One thing is hopeless.
Can't they just try and make good with the TV features ? Maybe there is hope there, if they also discontinue the current Xbox One and make some better hardware better suited to the task.
#36Sin_Angelus_Posted 4/20/2014 9:57:41 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
So Microsoft themselves don't know what they're talking about?

Let's be fair and post the other statement MS has made as well:

https://games.yahoo.com/news/xbox-one-see-improved-performance-184529517.html

With this new update (that is due out in preview form later this year), developers will have more direct control over how hardware renders in-game visuals. This could lead to a boost in resolution, frame rate, and all around graphical fidelity.

Spetsnaz420 posted...
Porunga posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
Words will stay as words. MS is a company that is not afraid to lie just to get what they want.

Right now, PS4 is almost twice more powerful.

That's a bit of an exaggeration.

No less a reach than what MS is claiming of DX12.I I actua.lly feel sorry for people who believe this.

And I feel sorry for people who believe the PS4 is twice as powerful as Xbox One.
#37Private_NoobPosted 4/20/2014 10:06:41 AM
No, it will drag down the console faster and bring the liquidation notice four times as fast!
---
Oh no! Private_Noob posted!
I'm the noobiest noob you'll ever see!
#38SoulTrapperPosted 4/20/2014 10:08:44 AM
Sin_Angelus_ posted...

Let's be fair and post the other statement MS has made as well:

https://games.yahoo.com/news/xbox-one-see-improved-performance-184529517.html

With this new update (that is due out in preview form later this year), developers will have more direct control over how hardware renders in-game visuals. This could lead to a boost in resolution, frame rate, and all around graphical fidelity.

Those statements say the exact same.

"This just lets you exploit a little bit more of what the hardware can do."

is the exact same as the quote you posted.

Your version sounds nicer for tech illiterate people, but they're the same thing.
#39Heero0101Posted 4/20/2014 10:10:40 AM
You know if it gives a little bump that's a good thing but if Microsoft was willing to let go of the gpu power thats minding the kinect it could see a nice boost .
---
The Great Lord Shaberdingo
FC: 3067-5140-8896
#40jellybeanmasterPosted 4/20/2014 10:11:40 AM
Revival125 posted...
Jeez. Im sorry to burst your bubble I really am, but all consoles are just computers ok? Now, computers which don't have their parts upgraded, are not going to be significantly improved by software changes. It is just impossible. How much evidence do you want? When I downloaded direct x 11 on my PC, I wasn't able to magically play the best games at ultra.

Cant put it any better. People forget because theyre not called PCs that thats what they are essentially are. Software updates usually make your stuff slower without the latest hardware (iOS)
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,