If its true that DX12 update will double the XB1 graphics and performance

#61Homie_202Posted 4/24/2014 12:07:51 AM
Topics like this make no sense. First of all dx12 will NOT double the power of the console. It may squeeze a bit more power out of the console but thats because it will make the console easier to develop for. Second even if it does make the console much more powerful whats stopping sony from making something similar that makes the ps4 more powerful? Plain and simple the xbox one is ALWAYS going to be less powerful then the ps4.
#62Homie_202Posted 4/24/2014 12:17:43 AM
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Those statements say the exact same.

"This just lets you exploit a little bit more of what the hardware can do."

is the exact same as the quote you posted.

Your version sounds nicer for tech illiterate people, but they're the same thing.

Both articles are pretty easy to understand, I think the difference lies in the emphasis on just how big of a boost it will give. One says it won't necessarily boost graphics, and one says that it will, along with resolution and frame rate. That's a pretty significant difference.

They say the same thing. One just has it written differently then the other. "This just lets you exploit a little bit more of what the hardware can do" is literally the same thing as listing off everything that will benefit. One just makes it sound better leading people to beleive it is going to have some massive performance boost.
#63MrSpaM111Posted 4/24/2014 12:38:09 AM
Not sure how it's taken seven pages just to tell the guy the answer to his question, which is no
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#64SoulTrapperPosted 4/24/2014 12:59:27 AM
Sin_Angelus_ posted...

Both articles are pretty easy to understand, I think the difference lies in the emphasis on just how big of a boost it will give. One says it won't necessarily boost graphics, and one says that it will, along with resolution and frame rate. That's a pretty significant difference.

No, again, they both say the exact same thing.

This could lead to a boost in resolution, frame rate, and all around graphical fidelity.

is the same thing as saying

"This just lets you exploit a little bit more of what the hardware can do."

Both are quotes from the same person.

And it's already been made abundantly clear to you in other topics that nor the cloud nor DX12 will improve the xboxes hardware.
#65InjusticeRebornPosted 4/24/2014 1:25:07 AM
Since the initial revelation that DX12 may be/is coming to the Xbox One and the hype of possibilities died down, the only people I see now who go on about it 'increasing' the Xbox One's capabilities to equal or better than what the PlayStation 4 can do, is the usual 'haters' or whatever other label you wish to tag them with...

At this moment in time, all I can say is, I look forward to when those same people carry on about how it's 'Xboners' who are always claiming it to be. Like many other examples previous.

:popcorn:
---
10/03/14-11/03/14 - the day GameFAQs turned into the Dead Sea of the internet.
#66thegrimgunnerPosted 4/24/2014 2:21:54 AM
I cant tell you about DX 12 because its not out and im not a part of the design team.

But i can tell you about Nvdia Drivers that get released now and then that improve frame rate and performance by large amounts.

http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/62685-nvidia-geforce-33182-whql-driver-offers-4k-gaming-boost/

If you care to glance at this article. You will see that a mere driver update can increase the performance for several titles. Thats one driver update. The Xbox one is just a PC. So I would assume its possible.

But only time will tell and to be honest I dont actually care.
I have my gaming PC and Graphics they become rather boring after a short amount of time

Graphical quality fleets over time while quality video games last for ages.

In respect to game quality over graphical quality. Ill explain it in a simpler way. Bioshock infinite (which is a rather pretty title) Vs Metro Last light (A beautiful hyper realistic gritty title) Vs Telltale's The wolf amoung us or the walking dead. ( cartooney ,low poly and low graphical intensity playable on any device including your Ipad)

The best video game (this is subjective because all of these titles have great storys). Is probably Bioshock infinite or One of Telltale games masterpieces.

Metro Last light pushes the boat out to be the most graphical intensive and hyper realistic title. But its actually the lowest rated on meta critic out of the bunch.

The reason for the PC instead of consoles is because these are the best editions of the game. Those in which the graphical fidelity is at its highest. These reviews prove that the best graphics dont make the best games.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/metro-last-light

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-walking-dead-a-telltale-games-series

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/bioshock-infinite

Graphics may be nice. But new ideas, art direction and gameplay are what make video games great.

Im not saying better graphics dont improve game quality slightly, but you cant polish a turd can you?

We are now at an impass in Graphics and the importance of artistic styling in video games. If you look at art. You have your Impressionists, your Romanticists ,your Realists and everything that takes places inbetween that and then modern art. You have painters who can paint to such a standard that it looks real. But these painters are not recognized as modern greats. Why is this? Well arts just as much about atmosphere , emotion , energy and context as it is being realistic. Infact being realistic or technically stunning is less important than all those other things.

I have wasted my time...nobody will read this. lol
---
Psn: IIGrimsonII (Not currently active) Xbox GT: II Krason II
PC/Steam Krason
#67Sin_Angelus_Posted 4/25/2014 12:13:09 AM(edited)
Homie_202 posted...
"This just lets you exploit a little bit more of what the hardware can do" is literally the same thing as listing off everything that will benefit.

The key word is that one article says it won't "necessarily" affect graphics whereas one article says it will. I'm not sure how you can interpret that as being the same thing, but ok. I'm not even arguing whether DirectX 12 will make a big difference or not, but the articles do say fundamentally different things, and should be acknowledged separately. The logical thing is to assume that the difference it makes will lie somewhere in between what the 2 are saying.

SoulTrapper posted...
And it's already been made abundantly clear to you in other topics that nor the cloud nor DX12 will improve the xboxes hardware.

Like I told you in the other topic, just because you say something is proven in your posts doesn't mean it actually is. I clearly posted more sources than you did stating that DirectX 12 will in fact improve graphics, framerate, and resolution. And that is in essence improving hardware (or how it performs at least), so don't start nitpicking over a couple words again. It looks like my point is even more abundantly clear than yours.
#68prozac786Posted 4/25/2014 1:20:35 AM
Lol double... Hahahaha

1. Doubling just the GPU speed is not the same thing as doubling the graphics/performance.

2. If you actually believe they will double the GPU speed, you're a total joke lmao..

3. The X1 had yield and overheating issues when the GPU was clocked at 800Mhz. They can't just magically double this to 1.6Ghz and expect everything will be okay.. lol
---
PSN Prozac786
"It shows how poorly education and raised someone really are." bob15x
#69billsfanno1Posted 4/25/2014 3:21:41 AM
I remember a time when all the X1 haters told us it was impossible for X1 to support DX12. Now their mantra is that it will be a minimal improvement. Which confirms for me that there will be some amazing things coming.
#70KhelThuzadPosted 4/25/2014 4:22:20 AM
leelee3105 posted...
blacklabelice posted...
xacebop posted...
Its impossible. Xbox is limited by hardware but you're looking at around 3 fps increase because its just optimizing the hardware.

You can put really expensive gas and motor oil in your Honda civic but its not gonna magically become a v8

this.

I have a 2.0 liter 4banger and I destroy V8s on a daily basis. Mostly because my engine is finally tuned and completely optimized. Kind of like the x1 is going to be

Yes confirmation that unless you replace the processor, graphic card and memory, the X1 will remain as it is.
I didn't say that x1 was crap. But you cannot magically double the power of the hardware with a piece of code.
---
Trolling? Better get the facts right or get owned.