If its true that DX12 update will double the XB1 graphics and performance

#71KhelThuzadPosted 4/25/2014 5:25:32 AM(edited)
billsfanno1 posted...
I remember a time when all the X1 haters told us it was impossible for X1 to support DX12. Now their mantra is that it will be a minimal improvement. Which confirms for me that there will be some amazing things coming.

The only thing 'amazing' is the number of gullible fanboy who believes in the 'power of the DX12'. Just like it was the case with the 'Power of the cloud' on launch.
---
Trolling? Better get the facts right or get owned.
#72ZerabpPosted 4/25/2014 5:37:05 AM(edited)
KhelThuzad posted...
But you cannot magically double the power of the hardware with a piece of code.

Technically they could do an OC with software but that would risk over heating among other factors.
---
XBL Gamertag:SentinelZ PSnetwork ID: SentinelZ
"Bloody wars are easier to survive than idiots with ballots. " Neal Boortz
#73InjusticeRebornPosted 4/25/2014 5:40:22 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
I remember a time when all the X1 haters told us it was impossible for X1 to support DX12. Now their mantra is that it will be a minimal improvement. Which confirms for me that there will be some amazing things coming.

That was a funny topic. XD
---
10/03/14-11/03/14 - the day GameFAQs turned into the Dead Sea of the internet.
#74KhelThuzadPosted 4/25/2014 5:48:13 AM
Zerabp posted...
KhelThuzad posted...
But you cannot magically double the power of the hardware with a piece of code.

Technically they could do an OC with software but that would risk over heating among other factors.

That's the problem with overclocking. You can increase output, but this will drastically reduce the life of the xbox one (which already has some overheating issues to begin with).
---
Trolling? Better get the facts right or get owned.
#75billsfanno1Posted 4/25/2014 6:11:53 AM
KhelThuzad posted...
billsfanno1 posted...

The only thing 'amazing' is the number of gullible fanboy who believes in the 'power of the DX12'. Just like it was the case with the 'Power of the cloud' on launch.

It's not the power of DX12, it's the power of X1 when you take full advantage of the hardware using an API optimized for it. You're not very knowledgeable on this stuff, are you? Yet you throw out the term fanboy...
#76DarkAdonis123Posted 4/25/2014 6:13:40 AM
Direct X 12 will help, but I seriously doubt that anything will double as a result.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#77billsfanno1Posted 4/25/2014 7:12:59 AM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
Direct X 12 will help, but I seriously doubt that anything will double as a result.

Considering there are components in X1 that will only be effectively utilized by DX12, there are many things that will more than double. Time will tell what the end result of that is in terms of end user experience.
#78BSerenityPosted 4/25/2014 7:22:21 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...

Considering there are components in X1 that will only be effectively utilized by DX12, there are many things that will more than double. Time will tell what the end result of that is in terms of end user experience.

Please tell us what will be doubled.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#79godplaysSNESPosted 4/25/2014 7:27:28 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
KhelThuzad posted...
billsfanno1 posted...

It's not the power of DX12, it's the power of X1 when you take full advantage of the hardware using an API optimized for it. You're not very knowledgeable on this stuff, are you? Yet you throw out the term fanboy...

And why do you assume DirectX 12 would be optimized for the Xbox One, when it's going to support different GPUs from AMD, Nvidia and Intel? Efficiency wise, sharing an API with the PC is not good for a console.

Consoles have always had their own low-level APIs, which are fully tailored for the hardware.

Unless Microsoft really screwed up the Xbox One's current low-level API, DX12 won't bring any performance advantages.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#80MrSpaM111Posted 4/25/2014 8:11:19 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...

You seriously have no idea what you are talking about
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628