What does it actually take for you to actually "hate" a game?

#1Jedi454Posted 4/20/2014 12:59:36 AM
I see and hear people talk about how they hate a game, but what does it actually take for you to literally hate a game? Personally, it is really hard for me to a hate a game, even if I don't like it because it could've been a well made game that has something like gameplay mechanics or atmosphere that I just don't like.

An example of a game that I don't "hate", but don't like either is Dark Souls, i'm just not a fan of the mechanics and gameplay in general, as well as the optimisation, but I don't hate it because I know it is a well made game in other aspects that people seem to enjoy.

I think for someone to truly hate a game, it must have bad gameplay mechanics, atmosphere, optimisation, concepts and ideas and so on. I can't even say I hate CoD Ghosts, even though it is by far my least favourite CoD in the series.
---
Get Good Kid.
#2Tyronelio1Posted 4/20/2014 1:01:57 AM
Just if the game is crap in my eyes I will hate it.

Case and point GTAV.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com, where the mods cry at any opinion that's not their own.
#3I_VTEC_Power_IPosted 4/20/2014 1:08:22 AM
Hmmm it takes a lot for me to hate a game. Even if it's not my taste, I can generally appreciate something about it.

I'd say a game would have to be riddled with glitches or just plain broken for me to hate it.
---
Xbox Live : I VTEC Power I PSN : I_VTEC_Power_I
Bring back Honda F1
#4Nights2KPosted 4/20/2014 1:16:42 AM
Battlefield 4
GTAV

Both broken games on release.
#5Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2014 1:22:10 AM(edited)
Nights2K posted...
Battlefield 4
GTAV

The campaign for BF4 having game breaking glitches made me so angry.
---
Get Good Kid.
#6aj4x94Posted 4/20/2014 1:23:03 AM
It honestly takes a lot to make me truly hate a game, but there's two that come to mind.

Resident Evil 6:
-Awful, awful story Simmons causes all of this because he's obsessed with Ada? This is like something out of a bad fan fiction. Scratch that; I have read fan faction that is better than that crap.
-Poorly implemented cover mechanics.
-So. Many. Quick. Time. Events. This game sets the record for constant, obnoxious, and innumerable QTEs in a video game.
-Removal of storing items and weapon customization
-The most unneccessarily long, bullet spongy boss battles ever made. You know something is wrong when you fight the same boss 3-4 times in a row, and it takes 20-30 minutes each time.

Grand Theft Auto IV:
-Horrifically repetitive. You spend most of the game driving from point A-B, killing some guys and losing your wanted level.
-Physics. I'm sorry, but realism isn't fun.
-Annoying friends constantly calling you.
-Money is useless
-Poor weapon variety
-Alarming lack of side activities to do(at least ones that are fun)
-There aren't that many characters I found interesting or funny. They just seem flat or annoying.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Lords of Shadow, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, GTA V.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#7Nights2KPosted 4/20/2014 1:26:54 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Nights2K posted...
Battlefield 4
GTAV

The campaign for BF4 having game breaking glitches made me so angry.

I usually complete the campaign or a season (if it's a sports game) in every game I play, even if it's boring, ill battle through, but battlefield.... My god i took it back the 2nd day I had it. Top 10 worst games in history
#8TenzhiPosted 4/20/2014 1:48:43 AM
If it's PvP only I automatically hate it.

Otherwise my hate is generally cultivated by frustration with various game mechanics.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#9Garage_ManPosted 4/20/2014 2:35:05 AM
I don't really hate games. We all got different flavors and I respect that. It won't stop me from saying my thoughts on it though. Visit the Vita board for some sick stuff. Some of them Japanese games make you wonder...wonder what is wrong with them!
#10ZombieAkanePosted 4/20/2014 3:02:20 AM
Repetitive gameplay.

Bad writing.

Grinding.

Bugs.

Bad DLC.

Micro transaction reliance.
---
[b]Should have named it the Xbox 720p, because when you see the pixels you turn 720 degrees and burn to death as you walk away.[/b]