What does it actually take for you to actually "hate" a game?

#81Robin_MaskPosted 4/20/2014 1:00:41 PM(edited)
Some gigantic douchebag like the guy who made Fez.

Broken ass games like Battlefield 4, seriously, every time I hear about it, it's always a new bug or glitch.
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#82MithrilMonarchPosted 4/20/2014 12:43:05 PM
Buggy, unfair, and just not fun to play.
---
"What are you doing, Flame Mammoth? Don't be stupid!"
"DURR HURR HURR HURR"
#83CoolFangsPosted 4/20/2014 12:51:05 PM
I have to not enjoy playing it, and recognize it as a bad game. I am capable of recognizing a game being good even if I don't like playing it personally.
---
3DS FC: 0989-2237-3314
#84PyjamaHeroPosted 4/20/2014 1:00:02 PM
Story wise I can't take main characters who are impossible for me to relate to. This is a function of decision making on the part of the character. I can put myself in a lot of other peoples shoes, but in the case of a game like GTA I know I would never be a part of the hardened criminal world so I have a dislike for that series. There isn't a situation I could conceive of where I would live that life.

As far as gameplay I'd say controls are paramount for me. A game could have wonderful visuals and a great story, but if the controls don't feel right for me I may be unable to continue playing.

On the visual front I hate when we get in the uncanny valley really hard. It's that trying too hard effect. This made the ps2, Xbox era hard for me. A lot of developers were making games as realistically looking as they could but they just looked bad IMO. If the art direction had style and was less rooted in the attempt to be realistic I actually had a far easier time being invested in the story. Halo was a perfect example of this. As long as it was Cortana, Chief and the covenant I was all in. As soon as a soldier showed his face I rolled my eyes. Halo was so well done, along with many other games from that gen, that I could overlook this, but it is irritating in this gen when you know what we can have and you get a pseudo human instead.

There's my rant.

tl:dr

Characters I can't relate to, bad controls, crappy character models.
---
"But I am I. And I won't subordinate my taste to the unanimous judgment of mankind."
View contact info for ALL systems in my user profile.
#85Mr_Fury32Posted 4/20/2014 1:14:29 PM
repeated use of luck/rng in place of real difficulty, Square-Enix im glaring at YOU here...
---
WANTED: DEFIANCE AND RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS PS3 players
System ID's :PSN ID: Auron-32, Xbox LIVE: AzzTheStickman. I'm in the U.K. so thats 0GMT
#86BlueEye0Posted 4/20/2014 1:15:22 PM
I haven't truly hated a game in a while. Last time I did was when I bought Digimon World 4. Worthless piece of garbage and the concept was so good. Digimon with giant weapons and on PS2 as opposed to the PS1 where the first 3 games where on.

Combat system sucked, difficulty was ridiculous, menu and the whole system was stupid. It was just terrible.
---
3DS FC:2809-8335-2844
#87HallapenoPosted 4/20/2014 1:26:48 PM
It takes alot for me to hate a game. I would stop playing it before i feel hate for a game.
---
Currently playing. Metro Last Light, One piece pirate warriors 2, Tales of the abyss, Conception 2.
Thank you PS+ for the amazing backlog.
#88NeeTamaPosted 4/20/2014 1:59:46 PM
Certain communities, but I'd already have to not enjoy the game. I've disliked games before but not hated them, and then their fans got to me. Misplaced aggression I guess.
---
In the battle of ghosts vs. robots, robots always win.
#89Firion09Posted 4/20/2014 2:04:25 PM
All it takes is terrible voice acting. If you can't tell a story well, it won't engage me in it. Looking at you, Arc Rise Fantasia.
#90iBlackice25Posted 4/20/2014 2:46:20 PM(edited)
My number 1 reason for my hatred of certain games is if it makes me bored. Then follows bad game mechanics, terribly written/cliche story, glitchy gameplay, and repetitive gameplay (GTA). Also games with terrible communities (COD), games with mindless cult followings and game series that become garbage to appease the masses (Halo, COD, and many, many other games).

The only games that come to mind that I hate are MW3, Halo 4, Assassin's Creed III, Digimon World 4, and COD Ghosts.
---
GT: DarknessSniperX/PSN: sky_Pharaoh
dustloop: Legion13/Steam: sky_Pharaoh