What is MS's plan now that Titanfall didn't steal the PS4's thunder?

#31blacklabelicePosted 4/20/2014 12:09:15 PM(edited)
L96A1BOSS posted...
Shovel_Break posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
Titanfall WAS never an exclusive so there was no reason to think it would magically generate these huge sales for the XB1.

You must be joking. MS spent MILLIONS pushing the game as a huge reason to buy an Xbox One

Lol a reason to buy a xbone you said? I have the game on 360 got boring as soon as I hit level 14 and you realize all you do it get in a Titan few second later it blow up then try and see how long that get repetitive then there go your $60 bones

that has nothing to do with what he said. microsoft spent a fortune securing the rights to this game and marketing the hell out of it, and did not meet their expectations and came up rather short, compared to its potential and all of the time and money they invested in its image they were trying to project.

you get all snarky at the guy for a valid opinion, but you yourself said that you got bored of the game pretty quick and indicated it isnt worth the $60. that looks to me like you just further supported somebodies opinion of which you were actually trying to argue in the first place

quite frankly, it was not their saving grace and its quite clear it came of short of being a genuine system seller, but they spent alot of time trying to market it out to be the next big halo or call of duty 4 style game to a new generation. theres not much to argue there. the numbers arent that impressive compared to the hype they put in.

the fanboys have long since bought their system already, and considering there are millions of xbones still sitting on shelves, microsoft needs a way to market their product to the rest of the people with a head on their shoulder. who need to be convinced before they pull the trigger on the console. they actually need a reason to want to buy it. titanfall may have drawn some interest, but mainly to those who already have the bone and just wanted a new game to play.

seeing how everybodies getting their tax refunds and all that around this time, one would figure the xbones would be selling much faster. especially when their big game of the year just dropped, but obviously that still didnt draw enough interest. waste of money marketing the game and paying EA boatloads of money for the rights wasnt justified.

stand by for halo i guess.
#32Optimus_ConvoyPosted 4/20/2014 12:14:26 PM
CKnight posted...
Do you guys actually play the new consoles?

Every time I browse the board its the same people talking about the same thing over and over again.

Even with my free time at work I rather watch a Twitch stream or YouTube vids over talking about the same speculations.

Salty Ponies like to beat dead horses. what else are they going to do? play games? That'll be the day.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maj88yPCze1qkq3y9o1_1280.png
---
"Look at Sweet Dee, sitting on her cloud of judgment, handing down life lessons to all the sinners"
http://tinyurl.com/l9vf9sb
#33bossk5Posted 4/20/2014 12:17:00 PM
"I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving even knowing that tomorrow the PS4 launches in Europe and the territories sales will put the the Xbox One even further into LAST PLACE. Just a week it's been out and the Xbox One is in in distant third place, yeah that is one successful console alright LMAO

Man so much for Xbox, they lost their only chance at ever beating PlayStation with the Xbox One, it just cant compete with the PS4 in any way. Not even the 360 could keep the PS3 off it's tail both the 360 and Xbox One are selling less than the PS4 and PS3 :).

Enjoy your Xbox One though, I hope reading this message helped make waiting for your games to install less of the long wait it is! :)"

This is an actual Pm sent to me by the TC. It should also be noted that at the time I only owned a ps4.. ... Not an Xbox One.
---
I buy used games. Piss&MoanFaqs
#34pigboyPosted 4/20/2014 12:26:40 PM
Shovel_Break posted...
Microsoft literally plotted to make March the month where the Xbox One came out on top in the hardware sales, but that clearly didn't happen and inFamous: Second Son actually propelled PS4 sales higher than ever.

Now that Titanfall is out, gamers are looking forward to the next big Xbox One game, but there doesn't seem to be one in sight for many months. How does MS plan to continue fighting the PS4 and Sony's reign over this gen, it's as if they didn't even consider that Titanfall might not do what they intended it to do for the Xbox One.

Also, with Mario Kart 8 releasing on Wii U next month, there is a good chance that MS and the Xbox One may stay in third place for a long time provided it sells like passed Mario Kart games. I just want to know what they intended to do as the holidays are still a long way off

Big M will market the Xbone as a VCR player instead of game console & take over the Home Entertainment World!!
#35PhaseBlackPosted 4/20/2014 12:27:00 PM
bossk, I vividly remember you going into many people's topics (including the TC's) when they would praise a PS3 exclusive game saying "The PS3 is in DISTANT THIRD PLACE" with every message. At the time, the PS3 had already officially passed the 360's worldwide sales too O_o
---
PSVita & 3DS
#36TheGleamEyesPosted 4/20/2014 12:36:58 PM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
Titanfall WAS never an exclusive so there was no reason to think it would magically generate these huge sales for the XB1.

???
Literally every Titanfall commercial had it favoring the Xbox One version and mentioned PC in the last second of the Commercial, or not at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00L5YQrS45Y

Love the ending, huh. Buy Xbox One, Get Titanfall.
No mention of PC, uses Xbox One footage instead of PC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg3CQm4mu7E

****, using Xbox One version for the Commercial, again, and guess what happens @ 0:16?
#37bossk5Posted 4/20/2014 12:51:13 PM(edited)
PhaseBlack posted...
bossk, I vividly remember you going into many people's topics (including the TC's) when they would praise a PS3 exclusive game saying "The PS3 is in DISTANT THIRD PLACE" with every message. At the time, the PS3 had already officially passed the 360's worldwide sales too O_o

Methinks your so called "vivid" memories betray you. Either way.... I've shown what the TC is really here for. My work is done.
---
I buy used games. Piss&MoanFaqs
#38GamingFoolDanPosted 4/20/2014 12:54:36 PM
Shovel_Break posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...

You must be joking. MS spent MILLIONS pushing the game as a huge reason to buy an Xbox One

Shovel_Break posted...
Microsoft literally plotted to make March the month where the Xbox One came out on top in the hardware sales, but that clearly didn't happen and inFamous: Second Son actually propelled PS4 sales higher than ever.

Your first statement. Not even 100 correct you are talking like a politician and only talking about half the story, which just happens to be the side of the story that boosts your bias.

March Sales go as following
UK :
Xbox One - 23,000 units
PS4 - 27,000 units
Titanfall Xbox One - 125,000 copies

USA:
Xbox One - 100,000+ units
PS4 - 100,000+ units
Titanfall Xbox One - 480,000 copies

Now that is just the UK+USA. That being said yeah, PS4 is beating Xbox One in hardware sales, but really it's a small margin. Titanfall sold 700,000 copies worldwide in March alone and was the Highest selling game of the month.

March was a pretty close month for MS and PS4, and PS4 barely came out on top. Yeah I'm sure MS is a bit butt hurt, but hey they were still really successful that month, and you are viewing things in extremes and not the way it actually is.
Shovel_Break posted...
Now that Titanfall is out, gamers are looking forward to the next big Xbox One game, but there doesn't seem to be one in sight for many months. How does MS plan to continue fighting the PS4 and Sony's reign over this gen, it's as if they didn't even consider that Titanfall might not do what they intended it to do for the Xbox One.

Now this was closer to truth than your first paragraph, but also another retarded point.
Here's why, As you are correct saying now Titanfall is out we want the next blockbuster and we want it now! Well let's face it, this really isn't a good quarter for gaming, it never has been, not too many block buster or big headliner games come out in the spring, they all release in the fall time and in the winter holidays, and this had been a trend for a long long time now.

The PS4 and the One's game line up from now to the fall is almost identical with exception of arcade-ish games for both systems. And none are releasing too many games were people are going to be like, I have to get a PS4/ONE for that game! Possibly Watchdogs and Wolfenstien will cause a few people to upgrade but not enough to were it's a big deal.

Now you asked how they plan to recover from this, and the answer is simple. Patience, they simply can't just make a big move, it takes time. And they have plenty of it, this is only the first year of a 10+ year sales war till the next gen comes out. Give or take a few years on the 10+.

Also I am not trying to pick you apart or call you a fan boy or whatever, I'm honestly doing research for it as I read your thread to educate myself.

Now I feel like Microsoft can recover and but right now their best move is to come up with some awesome **** to show off at E3 this summer. After E3 Destiny will be M$'s next Console pusher. I personally have mixed feelings about the game, but it's probably because I haven't cared to do more research than I have on it.
Shovel_Break posted...
Also, with Mario Kart 8 releasing on Wii U...

And this is were all your credibility for arguing flew out the window. Nintendo is my favorite and always will be but the Wii U isn't as good as it should be.
---
GT: Partyhardydan
#39skermacPosted 4/20/2014 12:59:06 PM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...

Not an exclusive MS product? Please tell me what non MS console it was released on?
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#40PhaseBlackPosted 4/20/2014 1:00:35 PM
bossk5 posted...
PhaseBlack posted...

Methinks your so called "vivid" memories betray you. Either way.... I've shown what the TC is really here for. My work is done.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/61056313?page=7

That was quick to find. It looks like you just cant take that the PS4 is 3 million ahead of the Xbox One in just the first few months already, I can see how the TC rubbed it in that topic you quotted him from
---
PSVita & 3DS