So who skipped church to play Xbox one this morning

#41VirobotPosted 4/20/2014 11:53:22 AM
I don't believe in god, but I don't hate people that do.

I have lots of friends that are very religious, and they know where I stand on the matter, and we are still good friends.

People just need to re-teach themselves respect for their fellow man. That's what I believe in.
---
PSN/Steam:Jareski
This is a PSX: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_(video_game_console) |||| It's not a PS1!!!!!!!!
#42blacklabelicePosted 4/20/2014 12:04:32 PM(edited)
the only thing religion teaches is how to hate other people for having different beliefs, all while spewing hypothetical unproven bull **** and trying to brainwash people that your way is the right way and shun those who dont want to buy into your crap.

there is no god. there is no heaven. there is no higher being looking out for everybody. if there was, the vancouver canucks would have won a stanley cup by now.

i command you bacon god. release a platter of beer battered bacon from the sky and let it fall into my righteous lap.

nope. didnt work. time to stop believing.

i dont need religion to teach me how to hate. being a canucks fan is good enough.
#43VirobotPosted 4/20/2014 12:06:37 PM
blacklabelice posted...
the only thing religion teaches is how to hate other people for having different beliefs, all while spewing hypothetical unproven bull **** and trying to brainwash people that your way is the right way and shun those who dont want to buy into your crap.

there is no god. there is no heaven. there is no higher being looking out for everybody. if there was, the vancouver canucks would have won a stanley cup by now.

i command you bacon god. release a platter of beer battered bacon from the sky and let it fall into my righteous lap.

i dont need religion to teach me how to hate. being a canucks fan is good enough.

I'm a Leafs fan. Therefore, I believe in nothing. Well, actually golf. I believe in that, since Mr. Carlyle is likely quite good at it by this point.
---
PSN/Steam:Jareski
This is a PSX: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_(video_game_console) |||| It's not a PS1!!!!!!!!
#44axelfooley2k5Posted 4/20/2014 12:07:51 PM

Go pens!!!!!!!!
---
Congrats Colbert!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oASYa-Wkroc
#45PoweredMilkManPosted 4/20/2014 12:09:45 PM
Jedi454 posted...
Church, that's still a thing? I didn't even know religion still existed.

And that's coming from a Jedi
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam - bloodandbourbon
#46Robin_MaskPosted 4/20/2014 12:11:47 PM
Again, I never said "ALL ATHEISTS" I said that there are atheists who just bash anything that has to do with Christianity and Judaism. There are also facebook groups and comments just for that and never say anything about other religions.

UtterMoon posted...
Don't you know TC? You cant make a topic about religion..not in the slightest of ways..or you're going to start a religion flame war of massive scale....

I think its a little funny...being an atheist myself...that so many people get up in arms about someone talking about church, its almost as if some people feel threatened by the very idea of church...as if they're afraid that mama and papa are going to drag their asses back.

And a lot of people don't seem to know what atheism is...I can assure you..Islam, Hinduism and Scientology are just as bat poop crazy as Christianity...the reason you see a lot of talk about Christianity from Atheists is because Christianity is the major religion in the Americas. If the users of this site...or many sites...were based in Indonesia we would be talking about Islam.

Not sure about Indonesia having or passing a law, but many Muslim countries do have laws that it is illegal to say anything bad about Islam.
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#47zerooo0Posted 4/20/2014 12:15:35 PM
blacklabelice posted...

What is the point then if you so sure that their is no god or God that you care to show your disdain towards it? I couldn't care less if you believe, but I believe in a God that has shown great things to me.After all the crap in my life I've been through it would be silly for me not to believe. I wont fault you or anyone for not believing, but my main thing is what would be the point of going on without a god or God, hope, faith, or anything? How do you or anyone know where does love come from? Not how does love work. How are you so sure that you can love without a loving being to guide?

I believe in a God, but I do respect those who don't. I would never force my beliefs down on anyone. If you ask me this though, I am a result of my God work that he has shown me great things. Without him I would have no point in being here.Please respect other people beliefs as I respect yours.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#48blacklabelicePosted 4/20/2014 12:19:49 PM(edited)
Virobot posted...

I'm a Leafs fan. Therefore, I believe in nothing. Well, actually golf. I believe in that, since Mr. Carlyle is likely quite good at it by this point.

being a leafs fan, its no surprise at all that you believe in golf.

hey if you ever want your team dismantled any more than it already is, you can get rid of burke and bring in mike gillis. youll go from cup contender with a goaltending controversy to a golf competitor with no goaltender at all in just a few years. not to mention that florida is pretty much the only team that will ever do business with the guy because everybody hates him from back when he was a players agent during the 95 lockout.

yeah being a canucks fan is pretty rough. mike gillis is the work of the devil. and tortorella is his henchman. the only damn thing he did for us this year is try to beat up another coach and insist on a really crappy style of hockey, all while having a throbbing hard-on for guys like sestito and kassian who spend the majority of their careers in the penalty box.
#49blacklabelicePosted 4/20/2014 12:17:20 PM(edited)
zerooo0 posted...

What is the point then if you so sure that their is no god or God that you care to show your disdain towards it? I couldn't care less if you believe, but I believe in a God that has shown great things to me.After all the crap in my life I've been through it would be silly for me not to believe. I wont fault you or anyone for not believing, but my main thing is what would be the point of going on without a god or God, hope, faith, or anything? How do you or anyone know where does love come from? Not how does love work. How are you so sure that you can love without a loving being to guide?

I believe in a God, but I do respect those who don't. I would never force my beliefs down on anyone. If you ask me this though, I am a result of my God work that he has shown me great things. Without him I would have no point in being here.Please respect other people beliefs as I respect yours.

i believed in the hockey gods. that didnt go over very well. in fact, we rioted. twice.
#50TalesOfGodPosted 4/20/2014 12:21:37 PM
gohoanq posted...
I do feel bad for the people like TC that honestly just want to have a simple discussion about their belief only to be attacked by atheists.. That's why I don't consider myself one of those either. I'm nothing. Because last I checked atheists are ruder and meaner than religious people I see online. -.- Can't see a post about it without freaking out and reassuring themselves that what they believe(or don't) is correct.
---

This.

It gets to the point where:

- atheists are complete ***** online
- agnostics tend to leave a comment that is polite
- theists are just trying to talk about their own stuff without being interrupted or insulted

That is the general amount of comments that show up online.

Just check the religion forum.
It's ****ing ridiculous.

(Of course, this doesn't apply to all of them but it is the majority.)