So who skipped church to play Xbox one this morning

#61AppleJeZusPosted 4/20/2014 12:47:41 PM
@RobinMask, there shouldn't be public preachers or people actively trying to convert others into faith either. It goes both ways, not just one.
---
Gamertag, PSN, and Steam ID AppleJeZus
3DS Friend Code: 3282-2984-1471
#62TalesOfGodPosted 4/20/2014 12:48:07 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
AppleJeZus posted...
I'm agnostic/atheist, my father is Christian, my brother is atheist, and my mom is also christian (she goes to church but she believes in evolution). Don't push your religion on other people, don't preach to other people in hopes of showing them that there is god, don't try to convert people. Doing so is breaking your own rules as these are considered sins.

I have no problem with people of faith, i just have a hard time believing in something without proof or evidence. To me, we live and we die. What matters is what we do while we are alive. If you want to spend your time going to church, fine. I, for one, am going to spend my time doing things I enjoy doing and hanging out with the people I Love.

Also, for the douche who brought up "homosexuals", in the words of Ricky Gervais, "Same sex marriage isn't gay privilege, it's equal rights. Privilege would be gay people not paying taxes, like churches don't."

Don't really understand where that is going...

Also, there shouldn't be atheists trying to force others and even trying to outright ban religion.

Let me say this right now, Robin_Mask.

Don't bother.

These people don't even see the double standards that they put themselves at especially on the internet where they can say it anonymously.

I would just move on with your life and get off this topic.

The majority of the people bashing religion on the internet have never bothered to educate themselves about it or put any serious interest in it. Very few have ever studied theology and philosophy in an academic setting or bothered doing any serious research beyond a few random books that they've read.

It's really not worth wasting your time with.
#63Mindwipe77Posted 4/20/2014 12:50:04 PM
soon as i saw the topic title i knew this topic would turn into a herp derp lolfaqs religious debate
---
Proud owner of X1,PS4 and Wii U, I pity childish fanboys
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#64TalesOfGodPosted 4/20/2014 12:51:34 PM(edited)
Mindwipe77 posted...
soon as i saw the topic title i knew this topic would turn into a herp derp lolfaqs religious debate

Pretty much.
People just can't leave it alone without starting a debate over crap or insulting one another.
#65AppleJeZusPosted 4/20/2014 12:51:42 PM
Not once did I bash religion in that post. In-fact I actually went to church this morning. It was to make my dad happy, but I still went. Saying I have a hard time believing it isn't bashing its existence. I'm stating my belief just like those of faith have stated there's. If saying I don't believe it is bashing faith, then saying you do is bashing atheists.

There is no double standards in my post, please read before posting next time.
---
#66doodles40Posted 4/20/2014 12:51:47 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
AppleJeZus posted...
I'm agnostic/atheist, my father is Christian, my brother is atheist, and my mom is also christian (she goes to church but she believes in evolution). Don't push your religion on other people, don't preach to other people in hopes of showing them that there is god, don't try to convert people. Doing so is breaking your own rules as these are considered sins.

I have no problem with people of faith, i just have a hard time believing in something without proof or evidence. To me, we live and we die. What matters is what we do while we are alive. If you want to spend your time going to church, fine. I, for one, am going to spend my time doing things I enjoy doing and hanging out with the people I Love.

Also, for the douche who brought up "homosexuals", in the words of Ricky Gervais, "Same sex marriage isn't gay privilege, it's equal rights. Privilege would be gay people not paying taxes, like churches don't."

Don't really understand where that is going...

Also, there shouldn't be atheists trying to force others and even trying to outright ban religion.

Once again THEY'RE NOT! What atheists, in the US anyway, are trying to do is stop Christians from stomping on the constitution and infringing on the rights of those who are either not religious or of differing religions. They're the ones who are constantly trying to shove religion down everyone's throats.

They want mandated prayer in school. Creationism taught as science
(btw, those two terms don't belong anywhere in the same universe). The bible as official state books, on and on.

You make the mistake of thinking that by standing up for ourselves and the constitution that we "hate" religion or want it destroyed. I have zero problem with religious people until they start to take over everyone's life based on what they deem is the proper way that everyone should live.
---
My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought, careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.
#67AppleJeZusPosted 4/20/2014 12:54:47 PM
@doodles, I'm beginning to think the people in this topic are purposely not reading our posts. That being said, just simmer down. It's not worth getting bent out of shape over.
---
#68BeefEasterPosted 4/20/2014 12:55:04 PM
I forgot today was even easter
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#69AppleJeZusPosted 4/20/2014 12:55:40 PM
BeefEaster posted...
I forgot today was even easter

Your username makes your post 100x better.
---
#70TalesOfGodPosted 4/20/2014 12:55:42 PM
AppleJeZus posted...
Not once did I bash religion in that post. In-fact I actually went to church this morning. It was to make my dad happy, but I still went. Saying I have a hard time believing it isn't bashing its existence. I'm stating my belief just like those of faith have stated there's. If saying I don't believe it is bashing faith, then saying you do is bashing atheists.

There is no double standards in my post, please read before posting next time.

"Don't push your religion on other people, don't preach to other people in hopes of showing them that there is god, don't try to convert people. Doing so is breaking your own rules as these are considered sins."

This is practically preaching to other people on how they should live their lives.
I'm not going to get into an argument over stuff this insignificant though.