So who skipped church to play Xbox one this morning

#71blacklabelicePosted 4/20/2014 11:56:01 AM
im not a religious person, but i have my beliefs,

i believe ill have another beer
#72Robin_MaskPosted 4/20/2014 12:04:17 PM(edited)
doodles40 posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
AppleJeZus posted...
I'm agnostic/atheist, my father is Christian, my brother is atheist, and my mom is also christian (she goes to church but she believes in evolution). Don't push your religion on other people, don't preach to other people in hopes of showing them that there is god, don't try to convert people. Doing so is breaking your own rules as these are considered sins.

I have no problem with people of faith, i just have a hard time believing in something without proof or evidence. To me, we live and we die. What matters is what we do while we are alive. If you want to spend your time going to church, fine. I, for one, am going to spend my time doing things I enjoy doing and hanging out with the people I Love.

Also, for the douche who brought up "homosexuals", in the words of Ricky Gervais, "Same sex marriage isn't gay privilege, it's equal rights. Privilege would be gay people not paying taxes, like churches don't."

Don't really understand where that is going...

Also, there shouldn't be atheists trying to force others and even trying to outright ban religion.

Once again THEY'RE NOT! What atheists, in the US anyway, are trying to do is stop Christians from stomping on the constitution and infringing on the rights of those who are either not religious or of differing religions. They're the ones who are constantly trying to shove religion down everyone's throats.

They want mandated prayer in school. Creationism taught as science
(btw, those two terms don't belong anywhere in the same universe). The bible as official state books, on and on.

You make the mistake of thinking that by standing up for ourselves and the constitution that we "hate" religion or want it destroyed. I have zero problem with religious people until they start to take over everyone's life based on what they deem is the proper way that everyone should live.

Once again, some of them.

Like someone else said, extremists in every group. It also applies to atheists, I have seen and heard such comments like outright banning religion in person.

I also don't get at how people just care about Christianity that much, look at the Arab world where it's far worse. But NO ONE says anything about those places, women are treated unfairly, but no mention of that. India has the terrible caste system in place, again, no one says anything.

There are even pictures of people crossing out the "God" part in dollars bills just because they don't believe in him.

I remember one atheist commenting in a group for "secular humans" who said that he feels INSULTED because someone said "Bless you" when he sneezed.

Actually, when talking about the American Constitution, you do realize that tons of Muslim groups all over the world are trying to make it illegal EVERYWHERE to say anything bad about Islam, right?
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#73doodles40Posted 4/20/2014 11:57:42 AM
The majority of the people bashing religion on the internet have never bothered to educate themselves about it or put any serious interest in it. Very few have ever studied theology and philosophy in an academic setting or bothered doing any serious research beyond a few random books that they've read.

I hate to break it to you but most atheists went to church for years. I went to church every Sunday for well over 10 years.

If by reading random books you mean the bible, then yes. I've read it many times. Most atheists have.

You are another that has no understanding of atheists or atheism. You're just parroting nonsense that you've heard from other atheist haters.
---
My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought, careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.
#74AppleJeZusPosted 4/20/2014 11:58:45 AM
TalesOfGod posted...
AppleJeZus posted...
Not once did I bash religion in that post. In-fact I actually went to church this morning. It was to make my dad happy, but I still went. Saying I have a hard time believing it isn't bashing its existence. I'm stating my belief just like those of faith have stated there's. If saying I don't believe it is bashing faith, then saying you do is bashing atheists.

There is no double standards in my post, please read before posting next time.

"Don't push your religion on other people, don't preach to other people in hopes of showing them that there is god, don't try to convert people. Doing so is breaking your own rules as these are considered sins."

This is practically preaching to other people on how they should live their lives.
I'm not going to get into an argument over stuff this insignificant though.

You just lost all credibility. Welcome to the ignore list.
---
Gamertag, PSN, and Steam ID AppleJeZus
3DS Friend Code: 3282-2984-1471
#75TalesOfGodPosted 4/20/2014 12:12:15 PM
doodles40 posted...
The majority of the people bashing religion on the internet have never bothered to educate themselves about it or put any serious interest in it. Very few have ever studied theology and philosophy in an academic setting or bothered doing any serious research beyond a few random books that they've read.

I hate to break it to you but most atheists went to church for years. I went to church every Sunday for well over 10 years.

If by reading random books you mean the bible, then yes. I've read it many times. Most atheists have.

You are another that has no understanding of atheists or atheism. You're just parroting nonsense that you've heard from other atheist haters.

Yes, yes.
Another random accusation.

I couldn't care less if you are an atheist or not.
Nor do I care about how many years you went to church (or any religious institution) as you could have been there 30, 40, 50 years and it wouldn't matter if you didn't bother to put any serious personal interest in it.

However, if you bothered to look at my comment I was mentioning the people who are bashing religion. If you are, then my comment is directed to you.

If not, then it wasn't directed to you.

I've been studying religion seriously for many years in academic settings such as university, having many arguments about it (the majority of which I have won), travelling the world to see different people and their religions and learning from many different people.

If you want to be atheist, by all means, do so.
I've met many atheists in my life and tend to get along with them.

However, I do not tolerate crap from people who know obviously nothing about religion.

If you are the type of person who says that religion is the poison of humanity, then you're insignificant to me as you're only causing harm to yourself and to other atheists.

If not, then we'll usually get along well.
#76TalesOfGodPosted 4/20/2014 12:18:48 PM(edited)
AppleJeZus posted...
TalesOfGod posted...
AppleJeZus posted...
Not once did I bash religion in that post. In-fact I actually went to church this morning. It was to make my dad happy, but I still went. Saying I have a hard time believing it isn't bashing its existence. I'm stating my belief just like those of faith have stated there's. If saying I don't believe it is bashing faith, then saying you do is bashing atheists.

There is no double standards in my post, please read before posting next time.

"Don't push your religion on other people, don't preach to other people in hopes of showing them that there is god, don't try to convert people. Doing so is breaking your own rules as these are considered sins."

This is practically preaching to other people on how they should live their lives.
I'm not going to get into an argument over stuff this insignificant though.

You just lost all credibility. Welcome to the ignore list.

Good.
I don't want to see more hypocrisy.

Anyways, I'm done here on this topic.
#77blacklabelicePosted 4/20/2014 12:15:04 PM
There was a preacher who fell in the ocean and he couldn't swim.

When a boat came by, the captain yelled, "Do you need help, sir?"

The preacher calmly said "No, God will save me."

A little later, another boat came by and a fisherman asked, "Hey, do you need help?"

The preacher replied again, "No God will save me."

Eventually the preacher drowned & went to heaven.

The preacher asked God, "Why didn't you save me?"

God replied, "Fool, I sent you two boats!"
#78xxtasy911Posted 4/20/2014 12:15:57 PM
gohoanq posted...
I do feel bad for the people like TC that honestly just want to have a simple discussion about their belief only to be attacked by atheists.. That's why I don't consider myself one of those either. I'm nothing. Because last I checked atheists are ruder and meaner than religious people I see online. -.- Can't see a post about it without freaking out and reassuring themselves that what they believe(or don't) is correct.
---

It doesn't matter what you consider yourself, if you don't believe in god you're an atheist.... like it or not
---
PSN: KingCole | Gamertag: Coming Soon.... Maybe
#79AppleJeZusPosted 4/20/2014 12:18:16 PM
Funny because there was absolutely no hypocrisy in my post. Any human being with a 6th grade reading level would know this.
---
Gamertag, PSN, and Steam ID AppleJeZus
3DS Friend Code: 3282-2984-1471
#80TalesOfGodPosted 4/20/2014 12:20:12 PM
AppleJeZus posted...
Funny because there was absolutely no hypocrisy in my post. Any human being with a 6th grade reading level would know this.

If you are preaching for other people to not preach, is that not hypocrisy?
If you can't see something as simple as that, we are done here.